PDA

View Full Version : I hate my brother. I really do.

AlexCraig
Sep 19, 2007, 11:10 PM
My brother is an annoying little prick. Any time I want to do something my way, which is uncommon from the start, he goes off saying he never gets his way. Whenever I am online, he always insults me and argues about my lifestyle. Like it is his to alter! He gives crappy advice at the wrong times.

AC "I ache all over"
DC "Then take a rest"
AC "But I don't have to. I have no need to"
DC "Then go for a walk"
AC "David, I am sick"
DC "Then ake a nap"
AC "But I am not tired"
DC "Then go to work"
AC "Dammit, I told you I am sick"
DC "You should go anyways"
AC "You don't get it do you?"

And the downsizing he does is phoenominal. I could say something I know a lot about, and he will say he knows more because he had higher grades in school and he is on the Super Honor Roll. Like I give! I know what I am talking about.

Then he tells me I am antisocial. Bull. What am I doing on these forums? I am talking to friends. What makes this more humorous is that he gets at me for not hanging with my friends. They come over and play video games with him. I am in the same room, talking/joking/conversing with them at the same time he is. I call that hanging with friends.

He then nags me about taking videos of my friends. I asked most of my friends if there is anything wrong about it. They all said no. He says I have no life. Psh! And he does!? All he does all day after getting home from school is play video games until 10pm (He gets out of school at about 4ish). He says I should get out more, but when I say he should he says he hates going outside and he doesn't want to.

There are so many times I just want to punch him upside the face. The only reason I don't is that the punishment my parents would give is far worse. He keeps testing my patience and getting on my last nerve. Many times I have tried to get him back, saying something about him. But he just brushes it off like it was nothing, giving a "blah, I don't care" kind of attitude. He would say something like "I am the younger brother. This is how I am supposed to act."

Ugh. That is all my venting for now. More may come later.

Solstis
Sep 19, 2007, 11:13 PM
From what you've said, he really cares about you, but sucks at showing it.

AlexCraig
Sep 19, 2007, 11:15 PM
He says he does, but the tone he uses is snide and pompous. Like he is saying he knows what is better for me than me.

Did I mention at school he talks to virtually noone and sucks up to the teachers. All he does during his break is read manga. And all he does at home is play video games.

Solstis
Sep 19, 2007, 11:16 PM
On 2007-09-19 21:15, AlexCraig wrote:
He says he does, but the tone he uses is snide and pompous. Like he is saying he knows what is better for me than me.

Did I mention at school he talks to virtually noone and sucks up to the teachers. All he does during his break is read manga. And all he does at home is play video games.

I dunno, sounds like the kind of nagging that I do.

AlexCraig
Sep 19, 2007, 11:36 PM
It is just this whole him picking on me, me trying not to do anything about him that pisses me off. He could insult me to the core, but when I begin to insult him back, he goes all "I don't want to fight" on me.

All of the crap above is what I deal with day in/out.

DizzyDi
Sep 19, 2007, 11:44 PM
Hehe...I annoyed my older siblings too.
But really Alex, at the risk of sounding mean, get over it. Thats how family is. Everybody has family members like that.

AlexCraig
Sep 19, 2007, 11:50 PM
I can't wait until I move out. He says he is going to follow me until the day I die. I say... hell no. I won't even give him my address if needbe.

Shadowpawn
Sep 19, 2007, 11:51 PM
On 2007-09-19 21:44, DizzyDi wrote:
Hehe...I annoyed my older siblings too.
But really Alex, at the risk of sounding mean, get over it. Thats how family is. Everybody has family members like that.

True. Which is why some people can't live with family.

Sord
Sep 19, 2007, 11:55 PM
Did I mention at school he talks to virtually noone and sucks up to the teachers. All he does during his break is read manga.
last time I checked, you weren't in school anymore. Sure, he's your brother and you know him well because of that, I'm sure. But I doubt you can validly say what he does 7 hours every monday-friday.

also, I'd take a note from your brother and learn to "brush off" whatever people say to you. If your so damn set in how you live your life, then your borthers statements are trite and worthless, hardly worth getting annoyed over. Just tell him "whatever" and tell him to go play one of his games. Also, you're 19 now, you say you can't wait until you move out. What exaclty have you done to try and acomplish this? Taking a below minimum wage job doesn't cut it either. Hell, taking out a school loan and getting into a college dorm while working part time flipping burgers or stocking shelves is going to get you out of there far quicker than that ebay store.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2007-09-19 21:55 ]</font>

BlackHat
Sep 20, 2007, 01:04 AM
He sounds caring http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

It may be annoying to you but I don't really see it as that..

But then again, I dont live with you >.>

It happenes, alot of people are anti-social. Usually the intelligent people http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Banish
Sep 20, 2007, 10:16 AM
On 2007-09-19 21:10, AlexCraig wrote:

Then he tells me I am antisocial. Bull. What am I doing on these forums? I am talking to friends. What makes this more humorous is that he gets at me for not hanging with my friends. They come over and play video games with him. I am in the same room, talking/joking/conversing with them at the same time he is. I call that hanging with friends.

He says I have no life. Psh! And he does!? All he does all day after getting home from school is play video games until 10pm (He gets out of school at about 4ish). He says I should get out more, but when I say he should he says he hates going outside and he doesn't want to.

Lol, if you had no life, then you'd be dead.

Your brother is hypocritical, in your way, by saying you have no life and he just plays games all day, but at least he is keeping himself occupied.

Anyways, you shouldn't take stuff like that from him. You live your life the way you want to live it, pay no heed to whatever someone says negatively about you. There's a balance, what makes you happy and friends who you want to have more fun with. The 'You have not life' thing is more of a figurative saying, but you're not all antisocial inside are you? If not, then he is talking nonsense, pay no attention to his stupidity. Well, unless did you perhaps tell your experience with your friends here on PSOW? But then again, your brother probably won't understand.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 20, 2007, 03:30 PM
I'm the younger brother, and I was never the annoying one, in fact, during my younger years, my older brother was the one who was annoying me. But now, we get along just fine.

DikkyRay
Sep 20, 2007, 04:01 PM
I must say, you have a dumb reason to hate your brother. So he's annoting. Guess what? Thats what siblings were for. i really doubt he is like that every minute of his life. I know i annoy the hell outta my older sister, but she doesnt get all whiny about it, she knows most of the time im joking. Obviously you just dont have a verey good sense of humour.
And i also doubt that you are "Mr. perfect" and dont annoy your brother in some ways

AlexCraig
Sep 20, 2007, 07:41 PM
@ Fujita: I am glad someone here understands me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

@ Dikky: I don't whine about it all the time. Most of the time, I try to ignore his annoying antics. It is just that some of the time, he crosses the line and gets far on my bad side. As for me not having a sense of humor, have you not seen me in FKL? I have a huge sense of humor. But there is a difference between "Haha, you're funny" and "Dammit, shut up!" Like I said, most of the time, I ignore his annoying attitude. It is just that sometimes he gets to be too much. And, finally, I never said I wanted to be "Mr. Perfect". I know I annoy him at times. But I do not do so as constantly and persistantly as he. I try to mind my own business most of the time.

omegapirate2k
Sep 20, 2007, 08:03 PM
My brother stabbed me in the leg with a fork.

AlexCraig
Sep 20, 2007, 08:13 PM
Ouch. That sucks! What the hell did he do that for? O_o

omegapirate2k
Sep 20, 2007, 08:18 PM
On 2007-09-20 18:13, AlexCraig wrote:
Ouch. That sucks! What the hell did he do that for? O_o

Because he has an anger problem.

AlexCraig
Sep 20, 2007, 08:23 PM
Ah. Ick.

I know my brother aided in my appendicitis.

DikkyRay
Sep 20, 2007, 08:30 PM
See thats the thing. You don't think that you are crossing the line when you annoy him. He might think he isn't either.

Sayara
Sep 21, 2007, 09:48 AM
On 2007-09-19 21:55, Sord wrote:
[quote]On 2007-09-19 21:15, AlexCraig wrote:

Also, you're 19 now, you say you can't wait until you move out. What exaclty have you done to try and acomplish this? Taking a below minimum wage job doesn't cut it either. Hell, taking out a school loan and getting into a college dorm while working part time flipping burgers or stocking shelves is going to get you out of there far quicker than that ebay store.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2007-09-19 21:55 ]</font>

Bless you.
I was gonnna say more but this sums it up well.
(and im in class lolol)

AlexCraig
Sep 21, 2007, 11:42 AM
On 2007-09-19 21:55, Sord wrote:
last time I checked, you weren't in school anymore. Sure, he's your brother and you know him well because of that, I'm sure. But I doubt you can validly say what he does 7 hours every monday-friday.

I was there last year. That was all he did in his spare time. Whenever he had no work to do in class: manga. Whenever he was done eating at lunch: manga. When he was on the bus: manga.

also, I'd take a note from your brother and learn to "brush off" whatever people say to you. If your so damn set in how you live your life, then your borthers statements are trite and worthless, hardly worth getting annoyed over. Just tell him "whatever" and tell him to go play one of his games.

I generally do, but as a previously stated, sometimes it gets to be too much. Like putting too much air in a balloon, eventually I'll pop. Most of the time, I just try to ignore him and his annoying acts.
And, actually, sometimes it is his playing video games that gets on my nerves. He'll just strut up, change the channel (while I am watching TV), then play video games, without asking me if I was watching TV. Granted sometimes he does ask, and I would say yes, but he would still begin playing games.
Another annoying trait about him is that he likes to force me out of the room. He would walk in, get a sad/depressed look on his face and sigh. He would keep that up until that whole depressive feeling fills the room and I leave. It was my f-ing room in the first place!

Also, you're 19 now, you say you can't wait until you move out. What exaclty have you done to try and acomplish this? Taking a below minimum wage job doesn't cut it either. Hell, taking out a school loan and getting into a college dorm while working part time flipping burgers or stocking shelves is going to get you out of there far quicker than that ebay store.

Yes, I can't wait until I can move out. A lot of people can't. What have I done? I got a job to save money to get me into college. Yes I know the pay is shit, but at least it is some money. All of the other jobs I applied at denied me. This one, at least I had friends working there to help me get the job. And one time I did try to take out a loan to get me into college, but it was so huge, I would never have been able to pay it all off.

VanHalen
Sep 25, 2007, 03:25 PM
My sister does things that are pretty annoying also, like Soltis said before I got here ;( that he's showing he cares but sucks at it. Then again I believe its pretty normal for siblings to act a little rude toward each other. If they didn't I'd be worried. Also the initals for the conversation made me think this
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u170/maddie2294/acdc.gif

OldCoot
Sep 25, 2007, 05:20 PM
I agree with what was said above. I think once you guys get your own space, you should get along. At least you are talking. I have not talked to my older brother in 12 years. He just decided to not stay in contact and no one really knows where he is. I hope you can see the positive things about him.

Darkly
Sep 25, 2007, 06:47 PM
yeah, he's probably just bored or something most of the time, being too close to someone you are forced to be around can get irrating, i know all about annoying brothers lol.

once you get away from each other it becomes easier to get along i think.

AlexCraig
Sep 25, 2007, 07:50 PM
That is what I think. That is why I can't wait to move out on my own.
I brought this up to my parents. I have been going through a lot of crap lately and it has been causing me a lot of stress. I told them I think I need psychology, you know, someone to get into my head and help me relieve this stress.

Thanks for the responses. I feel better.

DizzyDi
Sep 25, 2007, 08:52 PM
I think you're just whiny.
BUT THATS JUST ME.

Talbot
Sep 25, 2007, 11:31 PM
lmao, I really don't know wether or not to take this thread as a joke or not? :S

BlaizeYES
Sep 28, 2007, 03:34 PM
On 2007-09-21 09:42, AlexCraig wrote:

Yes, I can't wait until I can move out. A lot of people can't. What have I done? I got a job to save money to get me into college. Yes I know the pay is shit, but at least it is some money. All of the other jobs I applied at denied me. This one, at least I had friends working there to help me get the job. And one time I did try to take out a loan to get me into college, but it was so huge, I would never have been able to pay it all off.

lol

jesus. you wont have to pay it until after college. you're just making excuses because you're afraid of leaving your house. dont be a baby. if you're moving out so you are no longer "annoyed", then you shall end up back where you started when you graduate college and your brother will annoy you as you will both be living at home for eternity.

and talbot, i agree. i originally thought it was a joke too.

it's an annoying brother. deal with it. if that is your main concern as a 19 year old, i pray to the LORD JESUS HIMSELF that you speak of your problems to nobody else. this is sounding like wonder years.

ILL TELL YOU WHAT KEVIN ARNOLD AND GIVE AWAY THE CONCLUSION. YOU WILL EVENTUALLY LOVE WAYNE

AlexCraig
Sep 28, 2007, 04:10 PM
On 2007-09-28 13:34, BlaizeYES wrote:
lol

jesus. you wont have to pay it until after college. you're just making excuses because you're afraid of leaving your house. dont be a baby. if you're moving out so you are no longer "annoyed", then you shall end up back where you started when you graduate college and your brother will annoy you as you will both be living at home for eternity.

and talbot, i agree. i originally thought it was a joke too.

it's an annoying brother. deal with it. if that is your main concern as a 19 year old, i pray to the LORD JESUS HIMSELF that you speak of your problems to nobody else. this is sounding like wonder years.

ILL TELL YOU WHAT KEVIN ARNOLD AND GIVE AWAY THE CONCLUSION. YOU WILL EVENTUALLY LOVE WAYNE

1.) I am not making excuses for jack shit. I am not afriad of a challenge. I don't want to move out JUST BECAUSE my brother is being a prick. I want to be capable of living on my own. I know that it will be rough, but I could care less.

2.) I do not see why you'd think this is a joke. I really don't.

3.) I do deal with it. Every fucking day of my life. And after so much time, I must relieve stress. I don't come here to be flamed, so don't. And I will speak of my problems to whoever is listening and gives a damn. If you don't, then shut up and keep your fingers off your keys.

Sgt_Shligger
Sep 28, 2007, 10:23 PM
On 2007-09-19 23:04, BlackHat wrote:

It happenes, alot of people are anti-social. Usually the intelligent people http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

And the reason those intellectuals are anti-social is because they have a hard time relating to others.

BlaizeYES
Sep 28, 2007, 11:46 PM
On 2007-09-28 20:23, Sgt_Shligger wrote:

On 2007-09-19 23:04, BlackHat wrote:

And the reason those intellectuals are anti-social is because they have a hard time relating to others.

well it depends on your definition of an intellectual. you just have to know when its appropriate to talk of pseudo-intellectual topics, or just make small talk with people for a laugh and some entertainment. not every conversation has to be life-changing.

i think of people like this: even if they are uninterested in what i find intriguing, i dont completely block them out. i'm quite interested in psychology, sociology, and philosophy. i just love it. i know that some people dont like what i like, but i still listen and get their point of view, as long as it isnt completely emotionally driven. learn to channel your energy, my boy!

and by the way, im not picking a fight. i was hoping you'd find humor in the wonder years refrence, but obviously it caused you to get offensive. and for that, i apologize deeply. i never meant to hurt anyone, JESUS WHY DO I ALWAYS HURT THE ONES I LOVE. a tear is slowly sliding down my cheek. again, dont take offensive to me joking around.

you're making it a big deal about nothing. the reason you need to "vent" is because you think about it too much. my roomate is an idiot as well, she loves all those garbage shows like laguna beach that i figured she would have outgrown. most of the time when she talks about how shes feeling or about something that i think is just a waste of time, i just dont listen, problem solved. the better you get with dealing with annoying people and learning to dissuade a stressful situation, the more prosperous you shall be, my friend

go the distance

Out_Kast
Sep 29, 2007, 12:27 PM

Sounds like me... >.< Apart from the first sentence... x]
It's something you've just got to grit your teeth at and bear. Everyone's been immature, even you (at one point in your life, I'm guessing xP]
Or, of course, you could blank him. It's what we do to my cousin when she gets... annoying.

Talbot
Oct 7, 2007, 10:26 PM
I don't mean to offend you, I just said it seems like a joke because it sounds maybe like you are taking some of the things he does too seriously.

And it sounds like he is quite over analyzing of you. I mean who care if you take videos of your friends? And who tells someone to go outside when they themself hates the outside?

It's just kind of weird in a funny way.

AlexCraig
Oct 8, 2007, 01:13 PM
Oh here's a doozy. This JUST happened. It is my day off of work, but apparently he has school off today (Columbus Day, I think). Anywho, he found out that our kitten crapped under his desk. He looks at me and tells me to clean it up.

A: "Why should I clean it up? It is under your desk, and you are the one worrying about it."
D: "Because I cleaned 8 litter boxes last night and you did not." *
A: "So? I helped with the dishes and you didn't last night."
D: "Doesn't matter. You clean it up."
A: "WHY? It is not my problem!"

* We only have 4 litter boxes.
I finally caved in and cleaned it up because I don't want to put up with his bitching. And I know that if I still didn't clean it up, he would yell, threaten me, and become violent, as usual. I should not have to put up with this, well, crap on my day off. I just had a long week with this being my only weekend. I am tired and stressed out.

Out_Kast
Oct 8, 2007, 01:18 PM
How old is he?

AlexCraig
Oct 8, 2007, 01:19 PM
17. I know I know, I am older, but he has... mass... and an anger probleml

Out_Kast
Oct 8, 2007, 01:27 PM
Gahh! I'd have assumed he was younger than me, but he's three years older!
That's weird. Most people would have started maturing when they turn about 16... although there are some who havent... >.>
Try and get out of the house more often, i.e. away from him. It usually helps by cooling off some steam outside whilst doing something you enjoy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AlexCraig
Oct 8, 2007, 01:30 PM
Exactly. I try sometimes. Like how sometimes I would go the 3+ miles to the mall by myself. That is also why today sucks. It was my day off, but I forgot it was Columbus Day, so he had it off as well.

Out_Kast
Oct 8, 2007, 01:32 PM
Well, it's not Columbus day tomorrow.
What are your working hours? And do you get any breaks?

AlexCraig
Oct 8, 2007, 01:42 PM
Tues-Thurs: 12-7
Sat: 11-3

No real breaks. A slight one if we decide to get lunch.

Out_Kast
Oct 8, 2007, 01:47 PM
12-7 is a good time. If your brother's school hours are the same as mine (9.00 till 3.35), you'll only see him for about 4 hours (if you go to bed at 11), during which you could go out a couple of times or something...
Or, you could buy a lock for your door, and shut yourself up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif It'd stop annoyance, and you could get on with whatever it is you're doing...

AlexCraig
Oct 8, 2007, 01:53 PM
We share our room.

Out_Kast
Oct 8, 2007, 02:08 PM
Oh. That certainly makes things slightly more difficult...
You might just have to learn to get on with him. It might be the only thing you can do.

BlaizeYES
Oct 9, 2007, 01:55 AM
learn to love. you eventually will.good job today cowboys, you make me happy

Dragwind
Oct 9, 2007, 06:29 PM
When he's not paying attention, give him a wet willy. Tell him it was for his own good, and a form of "thanks" for the advice. XD

AlexCraig
Oct 9, 2007, 07:43 PM
On 2007-10-09 16:29, Dragwind wrote:
When he's not paying attention, give him a wet willy. Tell him it was for his own good, and a form of "thanks" for the advice. XD

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I just might.

Gryffin
Oct 9, 2007, 09:10 PM
Club him with a seal, *cackles*

mizukage
Oct 10, 2007, 07:50 PM
Not sure what your problem is with your brother, but I believe that brothers should stick up for each other when needed and not to dislike each other over trivial matters. If you would back off a bit to your brother, maybe he would do the same. I think brotherhood should be positive and not negative, but this is just my personal opinion. Please don't feel offended over it. My apologies if you do, but I just hope that the two of you will become peaceful with each other. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AlexCraig
Oct 10, 2007, 07:59 PM
No offense taken, but he mostly starts all the crap. Even my parents have noticed it. They told him to stop. He hasn't.