PDA

View Full Version : Say tis a newmanfighgunner worth scones?

ShinMaruku
Sep 20, 2007, 10:49 PM
I just love the dual handguns and basically the affinity the newman's have to accuracy really intrigues me.
Also the weapon list does seem rather enticing so is it worth it? Or will I just have to wait for RoAW?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShinMaruku on 2007-09-20 20:52 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 21, 2007, 05:02 PM
Yeah, Newman FI isn't really such a bad choice. Newmans can still be reasonably good Hunters and Rangers despite having the worst ATP in the game, so don't worry, go ahead if you want to go that route.

EJ
Sep 21, 2007, 05:41 PM
Even though Newman have bad atp they have the second best ata so all in all it balance everything out.

Pillan
Sep 21, 2007, 05:59 PM
Is it bad?

Not really.

Is it better than any other race?

Not at all.

FG’s ATA mod is too low to do that great with guns or make a significant difference between Cast and Beast accuracy on melee weapons, outside of the Double Saber. Though, my friend on the JP server said people appear to miss more, so we might see Newman and Cast high accuracy becoming more important.

Their ATP is high enough to allow a Newman to do well with Renkai, but the problem is that everyone else would do more damage. So you’ll just be doing slightly less damage than anyone else, but how much do you really care?

The DFP and HP are actually pretty low for a hunter class, so you might have some trouble there. Also the MST and EVP mods are low as well, so Newman really doesn’t have a significant advantage in its high stats.

With the addition of the TP based gun, Shadoogs, to the class, Sonic Team is obviously trying to stress the use of Newman FGs, since they have more TP and more ATA than humans. However, the ATP gap between Newman and everyone else will also increase, so I wonder how that will all play out.

Anyway, it’s up to you to decide what’s useless and what’s not in the end.

Sgt_Shligger
Sep 21, 2007, 06:22 PM
It works fine for me.

I've got a newman fighgunner, and she does just dandy. The damage isn't that much lower and the accuracy isn't a lot higher. The EVP and MST, though not a whole lot better, do help if you focus on "stacking" them with nice units and armors.

ShinMaruku
Sep 21, 2007, 10:17 PM
Thanks for info. Hild will be seeing you all soon. XD
Just need that damn CC..