PDA

View Full Version : Lving Rifle Bullets

ShynForce
Sep 21, 2007, 06:04 AM
Hey sup everyone i barely post on here but this is the site i usually check for info on this game. I've been playing PSU since the release date and I been a fighgunner my whole career i do have a lv48 F newman fortetecher and a lv49 M Beast wartecher but my cast fighgunner been my main.

A couple days ago i decided to try fortegunner just to see how it is i always like guns and the idea of being able to support my team with SE and such sound fun. So far im loving my fortegunner and i dont think i will switch back to my fighgunner thats how much i like it.

Back on topic, i was wondering how long did it take you guys to lv up your rifle bullets with my rifle im going with ice burn and dark shot im doing ice first its at lv16 but its taking forever.

I wanted to get my main bullets to at least 21 so when me n my friends want to go somewhere else besides parum i will be helpful. I know about the PO Srank thing but im just wondering for the people that did that how long did it take.

Miyoko
Sep 21, 2007, 06:47 AM
How long did it take? About 65 levels to get Fire and Ice rifle to 30 for me. x_x

Rifles level very, VERY slowly. :/ Prepare for pain.

If you want to level it as fast as possible, stock up on (optional: grinded) low rank Yohmei Rifles and goto town.

ShynForce
Sep 21, 2007, 07:00 AM
Damn i was lv73 when i switch to fortegunner i mainly want to just get all my main bullets to 21 so i can have the lv4 SE and for my shottys then i will concentrate on getting them to 30 i hope it doesnt take me that long i would like to be useful at other missions lol.

amtalx
Sep 21, 2007, 07:13 AM
If you want to get them to 30, expect about ~20 solid hours. And thats ~20 hours of solid shooting in solo missions. If you are going to level them in a party with other people, it cuts down on your firing time quite a bit, so double that.

ShynForce
Sep 21, 2007, 07:15 AM
20 hrs of non stop shooting or just 20hrs in total? Right now im doing solo S on PO i mainly just want them at 21 at least then just lv them gradually as i play.

amtalx
Sep 21, 2007, 07:17 AM
20 hours of running solo Plains Overlord, which is pretty much going to be 20 hours of nonstop shooting anyway. That's how I got my Rifles to 30.

shotsfired
Sep 21, 2007, 07:49 AM
yeah, it is aweful. I only have 3 leveled to 30, and all the rest past 21, and i am a lvl. 88. it was not fun. I just did partys, it keeps your sanity. soloing for the intent on leveling bullets will probably make you kill yourself.

ShynForce
Sep 21, 2007, 08:01 AM
Yea im on the last room of PO and im about to go insane just sitting here pressing the X button i really want to get all my bullets to 21 but i might just lv them as i play this is nuts lol. At least it seems like lving my shotty is way easier i should be able to get my ice/ground shotty to 21 in no time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShynForce on 2007-09-21 06:05 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Sep 21, 2007, 08:28 AM
Just work on getting your rifle bullets to 11. That's enough to let you burn large monsters and quickly drop every status effect known to man on everything else. The only thing you're really missing out on is virusing large robots. Big targets are immune to everything except for fire / ice / dark anyway.

Alternately: if you've got handgun skills near 20 already just level those, and focus on fire + dark for rifle.

ShynForce
Sep 21, 2007, 08:50 AM
Hmm that sounds good i was just thinking that i needed the SE4 and nothing lower for large enemies like jarbas and such will dark shot get SE3 at lv11 or is it still SE2 then at 21 its SE4?

panzer_unit
Sep 21, 2007, 08:55 AM
It's SE3 from lv11-20... bullets aren't like techniques that follow all sorts of different wacky rules for each element.

SE3 burn - and only burn, but it's the important one anyway - will stick to large monsters. Ice and Dark have to be SE4 but IMO you shouldn't even think about those if burn can work. Until you've got SE4 dark bullets (level 'em up virusing your way through missions vs robots or worms) use regular virus traps.

ShynForce
Sep 21, 2007, 09:41 AM
Ok cool thanks alot guys for all your help thats what im gonna do then i was lving my frozen shot its 17 atm my burn is only 4 im gonna get that 2 11 then i will just lv the 3 gradually. Shotty seems easy enough i bought ground/ice.

Pillan
Sep 21, 2007, 09:46 AM
The fastest way to level bullets in general is Valley of Carnage S2. Take a couple guns there and abuse the recovery cube in block 2 and fact that EVERY enemy there is range resistant and all the Vanda are immune to all bullet SEs to spam the bullet until they die, which is enough to give you the full 29-30 exp requirement on a rifle bullet (though the run takes over an hour...).

The second fastest way is AFK leveling, which I won't discuss.

But, yeah, bullets in general are a pain to level and I don't even want to think about how annoying getting them from 30-40 23 times over and then 1-40 20 or so times over will be...

amtalx
Sep 21, 2007, 10:59 AM
Just take solace in the fact that Rifles are by far the hardest bullet you have to level. Xbows, Shotguns, even Grenade Launchers (seems time consuming, but its not) are going to be cake compared to Rifles. Just wait until you try to level Killer Shot...

Kuya
Sep 21, 2007, 11:23 AM
If getting bullets from 30-40 only gets more ATP then I am definitely going to take my time with them in AoI. Since I burn/infect everything anyway - no big rush on my end to do more direct damage lol.

OldCoot
Sep 21, 2007, 02:04 PM
On 2007-09-21 06:01, ShynForce wrote:
Yea im on the last room of PO and im about to go insane just sitting here pressing the X button i really want to get all my bullets to 21 but i might just lv them as i play this is nuts lol. At least it seems like lving my shotty is way easier i should be able to get my ice/ground shotty to 21 in no time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShynForce on 2007-09-21 06:05 ]</font>

One thing that made my life much easier is turbo controller. Just hold down X and let the game fire as fast as it would allow. I did most of the work before I picked one up, but now that I have one, I don't want to go back.

Another thing that helped me was to focus on a paticular bullet for that day and stick to it; even if the bullet doesn't do a status effect you like. I finally got my last rifle bullet to 21 (ground) doing it this way. I have found that the other effects like shock, silence are very helpful in certain situations also.

CelestialBlade
Sep 21, 2007, 02:14 PM
I did it through a turbo controller and AFK levelling. No fuss, no muss. If you can't do that, prepare to spend hours upon HOURS of fun in Valley of Carnage. This is also useful for Killer Shot because everything there sans Lapucha has pretty high Stamina, so they won't be dropping much at all.

The only reason Killer Shot is any harder is because it costs more PP per shot, I didn't notice it levelling any slower myself.

XenithFlare
Sep 21, 2007, 02:14 PM
Please don't discuss Killer Shot. It's so insane, it's not even in the same league as the other rifle bullets.

Xbows take FOREVER to level from 18-21, shotties go fairly quickly (especially if you spam the safe zones in PO), mechguns take roughly as long as xbows, only you'll burn through more of them =, twin handguns; same, Grenades, same...

All-in-all, the effort almost makes me not want rifles at all. XD Bows do the same thing but level sooooooo much faster. XD AoI Guntechers FTW!

OldCoot
Sep 21, 2007, 02:18 PM
On 2007-09-21 12:14, XenithFlare wrote:
Please don't discuss Killer Shot. It's so insane, it's not even in the same league as the other rifle bullets.

Xbows take FOREVER to level from 18-21, shotties go fairly quickly (especially if you spam the safe zones in PO), mechguns take roughly as long as xbows, only you'll burn through more of them =, twin handguns; same, Grenades, same...

All-in-all, the effort almost makes me not want rifles at all. XD Bows do the same thing but level sooooooo much faster. XD AoI Guntechers FTW!

I agree. I think I leveled Killer Shot against a Gol Dova with about 15 cheap rifles. When empty I just recharged and started over again. I don't want to repeat that process, and now I only use this bullet for parties and other special occasions.

amtalx
Sep 21, 2007, 02:29 PM
On 2007-09-21 12:14, XenithFlare wrote:

I found Xbows to be some of the fastest to level aside from Shotguns. With 2 days of moderate soloing effort, you can get a Xbow bullet to 21. After 21 its cake..and pie.

XenithFlare
Sep 21, 2007, 02:35 PM
On 2007-09-21 12:29, amtalx wrote:
I found Xbows to be some of the fastest to level aside from Shotguns. With 2 days of moderate soloing effort, you can get a Xbow bullet to 21. After 21 its cake..and pie.

Getting to ~18 went absurdly fast, but for some reason, it slowed considerably. It still took a relatively short amount of time, but in comparison to previous levels it damn near died.

After 21 the levels pretty much hand themselves to you XD

RegulusHikari
Sep 21, 2007, 03:01 PM
You wanna level Killer Shot? Head off to Endrum/Grove S2 (do rare map hunting like I did) and start dropping off the bots and bees. Typically the Special Ops will be a nuisance (I used Barada Megiga on them) up until Killer hits 21. 6 or so Falgohohs (I got 15 to +5 with only 2 failures) will do you good.

Pillan
Sep 21, 2007, 05:33 PM
On 2007-09-21 12:14, Typheros wrote:
The only reason Killer Shot is any harder is because it costs more PP per shot, I didn't notice it levelling any slower myself.

I spam leveled Killer Shot to 30. It took more time than the others, but I'd argue that was because I had to run back and recharge every 5 minutes.

Seemed to take the same number of runs per level, though, so I'd say it's exactly the same.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2007-09-21 15:34 ]</font>

Vuman
Sep 27, 2007, 09:10 PM
Which mission has the most ice monsters?

SolomonGrundy
Sep 27, 2007, 09:26 PM
know what sucks? Leveling electric rifle bullets. Nothing large can be shocked anyway, in fact, most large enemies take 1/2 from rifles.

But what else does one use on Dimma? It's that or electric twins

on the other hand light rifle is EASY to level. And although confuse suffers from the same issues that elec does, there are enemies you want confused for longer (gohmons), and elemies you want confused faster, and longer (gaozoran).

shotsfired
Sep 30, 2007, 08:45 AM
off topic here....

has anyone here tried sleep yet? how is the status effect? I want to pick it up, just to have it, but the thought of leveling up a shot to 30 again makes me wanna cut off my privates.

Genoa
Sep 30, 2007, 10:36 AM
I picked up Mayalee shot... it's only lvl.9 right now, and at SE2 it puts only a handfull to sleep. The ONLY problem really though is I thought ST would be smart enough to allow you to continue to shoot a sleeping target and keep it asleep, but if you just shoot a little to fast you wake them up :<

Oh well =/ The damage/ATA of the PA are quite nice....

Hrith
Sep 30, 2007, 11:15 PM
That was apparently solved in AoI (hitting sleeping targets).

shotsfired
Oct 1, 2007, 08:25 AM
well, that is good. i guess i better sharpen the knives up...

Soulvayne
Oct 1, 2007, 10:32 AM
As someone stated, Grove of Fanatics S/S2 is great for levelling killer shot; I think I gain about 20-30% a run. Though I generally end up abandoning instead of fighting Degahna, due to so many one hit kills I still suffer as a 77. Pretty much if you can find a decent S rank or S2 mission you can solo without much issue (Plains overlord because of the safe spots) you can easily gain 20% or so a run using the skill you want to level on everything.

Sexy_Raine
Oct 2, 2007, 12:19 PM
My Nova does full Grove S2 runs in like 40 minutes, and killer shot at lv29 get like 8% per run. It's gonna take a lot of pp charges, but will KS will lv decently there. Non-KS bullets on servants and KS on bots is how she does it.

Rifle bullet aren't even the hardest bullets, you just need to use the same one constantly and it won't be that hard to lv.. If you decide to lv 4 at once, then it's going to take forever to get them to 21

Nova currently has burning shot 30, frozen shot 30, dark shot 30, rising shot 26, and killer shot 29(almost 30)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-10-02 10:22 ]</font>

Soulvayne
Oct 2, 2007, 06:59 PM
On 2007-10-02 10:19, Sexy_Raine wrote:
My Nova does full Grove S2 runs in like 40 minutes, and killer shot at lv29 get like 8% per run. It's gonna take a lot of pp charges, but will KS will lv decently there. Non-KS bullets on servants and KS on bots is how she does it.

Rifle bullet aren't even the hardest bullets, you just need to use the same one constantly and it won't be that hard to lv.. If you decide to lv 4 at once, then it's going to take forever to get them to 21

Nova currently has burning shot 30, frozen shot 30, dark shot 30, rising shot 26, and killer shot 29(almost 30)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-10-02 10:22 ]</font>

Hmm.. I guess I'll take the easy % gain while I can in GoF S2. yeah like you said I use an elemental bullet on the mages (believe because of their MST they might be pretty much immune to Killer Shot- at least it seems that way) and just blow through the robots with Killer shot had a friend in the Grove with me last night kept getting a "let me hit them first" message popping up in chat lol.

Another decent mission would be Train Rescue S2, as the Rogues in there are fairly susceptible to Killer Shot and robots just die anyhow. The 2x Dilla Griena at a time is a joke as all you need is a grenade launcher and can keep them on the ground the whole time. There is even a recharge cube on that block. I personally don't use Photon Charges while in the Grove or Train though, unless I have a Cosmo on me, I'd rather just walk back and use the cube outside the level and forget about my SUV. 2k to recharge 9 rifles, would be 4500 to rebuy Photon Charges for said rifles.

Hrith
Oct 3, 2007, 05:07 AM
I just get Mayalee Shot at 21, it's definitely slower than Killer Shot, but the PP cost is not as bad, so it evens out.

Still, a painful PA to level up.

Soulvayne
Oct 3, 2007, 11:51 AM
As painful as getting Killer shot up to 21 has been it seems to level up faster after its level 21. Since getting it to 21 two nights ago (Was more like 3am yesterday morning) I had it up to 24 and 28% around 3am this morning. I also only did 2.5 X Train Rescue S2 (Game locked up on one of the runs) and about 10 Sea Lab runs. Over a 5-6 hour period of time yesterday.

amtalx
Oct 3, 2007, 12:20 PM
On 2007-10-03 03:07, Hrith wrote:
I just get Mayalee Shot at 21, it's definitely slower than Killer Shot, but the PP cost is not as bad, so it evens out.

Still, a painful PA to level up.

Worth it? I'm curious.

Hrith
Oct 6, 2007, 06:39 AM
Yeah, definitely.

It's Lv30 now (too six hours of constant spamming to get it from 29 to 30, the joy).

180% ATP, 90% ATA makes it the best rifle to use on any boss, that's enough to make it worth it for me.

I can also use it to deal nice damage to monsters I can't be arsed to get close to.

Sleep is meh right now, since hitting a monster will wake them up, but it can be used to disrupt monster attacks.

Hopefully, Sleep in AoI will be 'fixed' ;s

I have yet to try how useful/useless that SE is on monsters like Jarba, Tengohg, Jusnagun, etc.
But so far it's just like Freeze, it keeps monsters paralyzed for a split second.