PDA

View Full Version : Guntechers holla

I-am-Evan
Sep 21, 2007, 03:24 PM
So what's everyones opinion on spells for this amazing class; favs, most useful? discuss

I'm currently using
Resta Y Reverser X
Zodial Y Shifta X
Jellen X Zalure Y

All my techs are capped at 10

Lv 48 GT (10)

Midicronica
Sep 21, 2007, 03:27 PM
Honestly using a attack technics as a Cast GT is just foolish, so I only have the necessary buffs, resta, reverser, and giresta. (which I bought because of the death patch that we never got http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif)

Oh yeah. Holla!

Fure_Rakune
Sep 21, 2007, 03:30 PM
Resta and Reverser are the only two techs I currently use even though my buffs and debuffs in lv. 15+.
Im waiting till AoI to be a full support bot.

Rashiid
Sep 21, 2007, 03:32 PM
wait till expansion for any kind of attack technics (not very useful but could be at times)

Akaimizu
Sep 21, 2007, 03:35 PM
I don't bother with attack techs as a Guntecher. In general, the damage they cause per attack is significantly lower than guns. And if it happens to be resistant to guns, the Bows still outperform. Bows are probably the main game balancing act that generally takes attack spell concentration away from GTs outside the already limited 10 level limit on them.

I have buffs/debuffs and heals on my wands. I'm also TP enhanced for a little extra buff to the heals. Attack techs may be better in the expansion, and I would expect them a little. However, the increase to buffs and heals we'll get is more significant IMO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-09-21 13:36 ]</font>

Dragwind
Sep 21, 2007, 03:39 PM
Depending on the TP increase, I think possibly having a Ra tech or two could prove more damaging in some situations involving multiple targets though.

Akaimizu
Sep 21, 2007, 03:42 PM
In those situations, I usually unleash a Flame Trap or something to instantly throw a SE DoT damage on the group. But that's for Key creatures. The limited Trap ability of Guntechers often has you learning a level to find specific points for which you use the traps. Still, the combined percentage damage usually adds up well, plus you never need to stop to cast it. The problem with the RA spells (now) is the limitation. You really want 21+ RA spells for the better effect. They certainly aren't like the PSO RA spells. You have to compare it to the fast constant attack rate of spreading Twin Handguns and Crossbows, while strafing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-09-21 13:45 ]</font>

Skids
Sep 21, 2007, 03:44 PM
With my human female guntecher. I have 3 wands i use
Wand 1 heal: Resta and Reverser
Wand 2 buffs: shifta and depend
Wand 3 attack : one of the ice attack spells and Zalure

Dragwind
Sep 21, 2007, 03:46 PM
That's why I said depending on the TP increase combined with lvl20 techs.

chibiLegolas
Sep 21, 2007, 04:03 PM
Highest TP Wand I can equip: Resta + Reverser / giresta
Grinded 3* wand: Shifta or Deband (depending if you're under leveled) + Resta
Grinded 3* wand : Jellen or Zalure (depending if you're under leveled) + Resta
Grinded 3* wand or highest TP wand you can equip: Retier + Resta (need to squeeze every bit of TP to improve resta!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2007-09-21 14:04 ]</font>

AxelgearVII
Sep 21, 2007, 04:11 PM
Wand 1:Damudiga 13,Gidiga 13/ Barta 9, Damubarta 20
Wand 2:Shifta 30 ,Deband 29
Wand 3:Zoldeel 30, Retial 30
Wand 4: Resta 16, Reverser 14

Level 77 GT (9)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxelgearVII on 2007-09-21 14:12 ]</font>

Fleur-de-Lis
Sep 21, 2007, 04:11 PM
Honestly, I only use one wand with Resta and Reverser, as GT is just a way for me to level Bow and Shotgun Bullets while I wait for PT.

I like the class, though.

Reipard
Sep 21, 2007, 04:12 PM
It really varies. Lessee...

Wand #1: Resta/Dambarta - Dambarta is not for damage. It is for quick freezing when I don't have my Ice bullets handy. It comes in handy in a pinch on enemies that get in my face and will not leave me be.
Wand #2: Shifta/Zodial
Wand #3: Jellen/Zoldeel
Wand #4: Resta/Reverser

Sinue_v2
Sep 21, 2007, 04:13 PM
I've got a plethora of attack and support techs, but since I'm a CAST GT (used to be FT), I only have two wands with Resta and Reverser. Everything else is filled up with shotguns, bows, rifles, lasers, and twins.

Rett
Sep 21, 2007, 04:14 PM
Lets see I use Resta, Reverser on one wand
Then on the other one I just Fofie or Diga (depending on the mob), Buff (Shifta, Deband, Zodial and I switch them depending on the need of the mission till megastar comes out)
When You come against that bullet resistant monster those attack spells help.

Syl
Sep 21, 2007, 04:36 PM
I don't use buffs, but that's just mainly because I mostly party with a fT in the party. And attack techs are pretty much obsolete (like Akaimasu said, a bow will cover for the bullet resistant mobs). Otherwise:

Cometera +8: Resta+Reverser (equipped with a Mira-kikami)
Cometera+7: Resta+Reverser (equipped with a Cugo Mamba)
Crozier +8: Resta+Giresta (in my inventory, bust it out when someone needs a rez)

Lvl 94 Caseal GT

I was able to use cometeras at lvl 90, their bigger PP reserves help out with my Sori/TECH Charge, but it's gravy since it's only lvl 10 techs. Once we get our new tech caps, I'm just going to switch out STC with Sor/Force http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I don't worry about debuffs, since I have Twin Mayalee (lvl 30 w/ lvl 3 DEF Down) and Barada Maga (lvl 25 with EVP/ATA down lvl 2). And I'm getting the xbow that does ATP down when it comes out. Pretty much don't have to worry about debuffs (but I have mine all at around lvl 16+) and these are much better than using a wand to do them.

Pillan
Sep 21, 2007, 05:17 PM
None of the techs on GT are really worth using, besides the occasional Resta, Giresta, and Reverser when needed. (Even then I prefer to avoid using them…) Of course the buffs are useful when you’re the only techer on the team, but that’s fairly rare for me. When I’m the only one, I generally stick to Shifta and Zodial, though sometimes I use all 4.

With the 30 support tech cap and significantly higher TP (600 or so on a Cast and 1000 or so on a Newman at level 100) , Guntecher will be able to make use of the “techer” part of its name. However, with the +10 level bullet cap and extra 200 or so ATP, I’d argue we’ll still never see a situation where Newman GT’s techs can out perform its bullet damage on a range resistant enemy.

After that point, I’ll make more use of the support techs. I have everything except Resta and Reverser capped at 30 now, so it will be a smooth transition.

-Ryuki-
Sep 21, 2007, 05:19 PM
If memory serves me correctly, this "Evan" is my classmate from HS. =x

ashley50
Sep 21, 2007, 06:08 PM
me as a GT...i mainly just use 2 wands:
Resta and Reverser , Shifta and Deband.

I use those 4 techs only as my Techs are mainly just for myself, since they won't go up higher than 10.
Since the fT and WT will do the job better anyways...but if they're not present, they just have to deal with my GT Buffs/heals

imfanboy
Sep 21, 2007, 06:45 PM
Actually... I sometimes use Diga on Polahvoras if they're burning already. But then again, I'm a newman female, so doing 700 per Diga is not out of the question. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

MSAksion
Sep 21, 2007, 11:17 PM
Currently no i dont' have any techs on my GT other than 4 buff ups, 3 buff downs, resta and reverser.

Come AOI when i can store some bullets away i'll round out my GT attack TECH more. I look at i see that i'm lacking in Lightning and Darkness bullets.

I'd add GIZONDE, RAMEGID, DIGA... and ZONDE yes zonde. I can pair it with Gizonde for an element boost and so i dont need a SHOCK Cannon.

Kion
Sep 22, 2007, 01:58 PM
i use reverser on occasion and giresta once every blue moon. maybe resta inbetween rooms but i usually pop a trimate since i don't like casting five times for a full heal.

once we get level 30 support techs and madoogs; i'll probably use them alot more. Planned techs:
wand : megistar + resta
madoog : dizas + retnis (i pray for these PA's)
wand : resta + reverser
wand : jellen + deband

and yeah attack techs aren't appealing to me at all, first because i'm a cast and second we generally get better SE and damage with guns.

DonRoyale
Sep 22, 2007, 04:35 PM
My newman uses:

-Bow
-Laser Cannon (shut up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif)
-Saber/Crossbow
-Wand (Foie 13/Diga 28)/Crossbow
-Wand (Resta 24/Reverser 25)/Card
-Wand (Shifta 19/Zoldial 13)/Card

My human uses:

-Bow
-Rifle
-Shotgun
-Twin Handguns
-Wand (Resta 4/Reverser 1)/Card
-Wand (Shifta 1/Zoldial 1)/Card

But my newman's level 57, while my human's level 25.

PJ
Sep 22, 2007, 07:14 PM
Oh pfft. Might as well.

Human Guntecher blah blah

Crossbow (Fire)/Wand (Shifta + Deband)
Card (Fire)/Wand (Resta + Reverser)
Mechgun (Fire)/Wand (Zodial + Retier)
Twin Handgun (Fire)
Shotgun (Fire)
Laser Cannon (Fire)

Does he do a serious job as GT? Not with all fire element bullets.

Hrith
Sep 23, 2007, 07:10 AM
PJ will nevar change http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Female human Guntecher

Bow (fire/ice/darkness)
Shotgun (thunder/darkness)
Twin handgun (earth/light/darkness/zalure)
Crossbow (fire/ice/thunder) + Yohmei wand (resta + reverser)
Fan (earth/light) + Kubara wand (shifta + deband)
Machinegun (ice/light) + Yohmei wand (resta + reverser)

Works really well ;o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hrith on 2007-09-23 05:15 ]</font>

toxic_rf
Sep 23, 2007, 07:45 AM
As a Cast Guntecher, I'm still stuck using B rank Wands. I've got three nicely grinded Cometaracs (for buffs/debuffs) and a Lidra (heals) ready for the expansion though, and on the odd occasion I switch to Force and find a buff party to raise my support techs in preperation.

I only use support techs as my Guntecher, I tried using Foie and Diga once, but with only level 10 techs and hardly any TP, she pales in comparison to my Fortetecher. Good job I'm a big Crossbow fan then, I carry three on my pallette at all times coupled with my buff/debuff wands. Hey, Cast Guntecher damage with Cards is pretty decent, I couple a Mira with my healing wand.

Hey, a nice spot for levelling your debuffs is Lab Recovery. If youget the large, pit like room first, clear it, then shoot the boxes through the partition wall to release the Badira. They can't hit you, they'll never die, and there's a charge cube just outside the mission. Debuff 'til you die of boredome!

Genoa
Sep 24, 2007, 12:21 AM
I use:
Shifta/Zodial with Machinegun
Jellen/Zalure with Crossbow
Resta/Reverser with Cards
Bow
Shotgun
Twin Handguns

Laser Cannon <--- I throw him in on occasions.

It works quite well actually. I'm a m-newm GT though, So my access to Wands AND Guns are pretty wide http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif