PDA

View Full Version : Help with getting disconnected a lot.... (and I mean a lot)

SoapyMeadows
Sep 21, 2007, 04:06 PM
First just so you all know, I play the PS2 version on a PS3, I tried wired and wireless connections and both have the exact same problem. Its really weird... I was playing PSU for a long time before this, till about march. It worked fine, no problems what so ever. Then I took a really long break from it, my hunter license ran out and all that stuff, so I decided it was time to do other things and come back later.

Well I got my hunter license back a couple days ago and last night was my first time getting back on. Obviously I was excited to get to play with my old friends again and for a while it was ok, but then I noticed it was a lot laggyer then usual. A lot of times, it would go into this weird mode where I could move around, the enemies would move, but the other players were staying still and no damage was being registered when I gave or took it. Then suddenly, all the damage that was taken in that time was dealt all at once, and the game sort of went back to normal.

Then later on, a similar thing happened again. I got annoyed but at least it wasn't booting me off right? Well... or so I thought. This time, I got disconnected. Then from that point on, I could only stay on for no more then 20 minutes (if that) before getting major lag and then another disconnection.

Now, I know it has something to do with my computer, since it D/C's me on the computer randomly too but the thing is, I have no idea what. the MSN troubleshooting says it has something to do with my gateway... I tried doing this ipconfig/release and renew thing but it didn't seem to help much at all. My routers are both d-link if that means anything... Any help is greatly appretiated and I'm really sorry about the length of this, I just wanted to explain myself fully the first time.

Masou
Sep 24, 2007, 04:59 PM
A lot of times, it would go into this weird mode where I could move around, the enemies would move, but the other players were staying still and no damage was being registered when I gave or took it.

WARP GLITCH

if your on PS3 i dont see how that would have anything to do with your PC <<;
unless it was your router messing up.
does your PC still have perfect internet access?
and are you connecting wirelessly through the ps3 or with an ethernet?