PDA

View Full Version : Pso Blue Burst or Psu Which one?

Shadow0416
Sep 22, 2007, 02:35 PM
Which do you Prefer Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst or Phantasy Star Universe?

Jaspaller
Sep 22, 2007, 07:20 PM
If you're going to go PSOBB, you might as well find the private servers or get on the japanese ones. I hear the official ones are almost dead.

Weeaboolits
Sep 22, 2007, 08:22 PM
If you can't decide, I'd say PSU, as they'll actually be adding new content and such.

But really it depends on which you like better, PSO or PSU.

Link00seven
Sep 22, 2007, 11:48 PM
PSU just didn't have that lasting appeal to me that PSO did. Even though I don't play either one anymore regularly, I occasionally load up PSO and play for a bit. I haven't touched PSU in months.

Kent
Sep 23, 2007, 12:29 AM
I played PSO for about five years... Whereas I played PSU for about half of one (unless you count off-time). Obviously, something didn't really click.

Overall, I'd really have to say I got a lot more enjoyment out of PSO, but I think I've tapped about all I can out of it - you can only play the same game for so long, you know.

Neith
Sep 23, 2007, 07:46 AM
So far, after playing PSU since November, and PSO since 2003, I'd say I got a lot more enjoyment out of PSO.

Some of the new implementations in PSU really bug me (having to travel to lobbies, stingy level requirements, having to synthesize high-rank items, as if finding the boards wasn't hard enough)

PSO was very pick-up and play, and a lot easier for me to enjoy. At the minute, the only reasons I'm staying on PSU is because my friends are on there, and the expansion not far from release.

If the expansion doesn't make things much better, I'll probably go back to PSO, or quit Phantasy Star altogether. Mind, from what I've seen/heard of the expansion, it looks very promising, so time will tell.

But yeah, currently, I prefer PSO. PSU is a decent game, it just isn't as addictive.

Kelvie
Sep 23, 2007, 02:11 PM
"and PSO since 2003" "I'll probably go back to PSO" :|

After 4 years of PSO, you might use that time for, like, discover something new ?

DominF
Sep 23, 2007, 03:19 PM
or... you might use that time for, like, having fun?

Jaspaller
Sep 23, 2007, 04:51 PM
On 2007-09-23 12:11, Kelvie wrote:
"and PSO since 2003" "I'll probably go back to PSO" :|

After 4 years of PSO, you might use that time for, like, discover something new ?

Who says you can't do that too?

Like UrikoBB3, something just doesn't click with me and PSU, but I continue to play it because a majority of my old PSO buddies jumped on there. Of course I still jump on PSO, something like 4 or 5 years and still going with this game.

Kelvie
Sep 24, 2007, 07:14 AM
I suppose you still can having fun playing PSO after 4 years indeed.
After all, you even can have fun piling up crates for a life-time if you are with cool enough co-workers. (but, sadly, you won't get any money for a life-time of psobb)

Ranmaru
Sep 27, 2007, 09:36 AM
I am sure I would still be having fun four years later as well. I think you should consider PSU because of the future expansion. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Although, I have only played PSO, so I choose PSO.

DominF
Sep 27, 2007, 10:32 AM
PSO and PSU are very different games; that's why many PSOers were often disappointed and why it's hard to compare them. PSOs simplicity alone is why I prefer PSO, but at the moment I'm considering quitting because literally every time (10 times in 7 days) over the last week I've had 903 or 906 and haven't been able to play. PSUs highly reliable as the higher-ups still care about it, and some people find its drastic variations from PSO very appealing. It's all in personal preference really, so this entire post was pointless. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Menochi
Sep 27, 2007, 12:08 PM
On 2007-09-22 18:22, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
If you can't decide, I'd say PSU, as they'll actually be adding new content and such.

But really it depends on which you like better, PSO or PSU.

The Japanese PSOBB continues to get new content.
PSU is a lot more grinding, and until the expansion, S ranks are really really rare.

If you don't mind a little grind and not getting the 'uber S rank gear' PSU is better.
If you just want a game to pick up, play around, come back another day, then PSOBB is better.

Shadow0416
Oct 13, 2007, 07:36 PM
Shadow Rules

AlexCraig
Oct 14, 2007, 02:31 PM
Umm... that has nothing to do with the content of this thread. <_<

Nyreal
Oct 14, 2007, 04:18 PM
Blue Burst is free (just google PSO Private Server). You can play that and PSU for ten dollars a month. So... y'now... go for it. Play both and decide which you like more. It seems to me like PSU is a better PSO, and the hunting is much more extreme, which I like. There's less variety within weapons, however, so I suppose its up to you.

Play both. That's my opinion.

Banish
Oct 14, 2007, 04:22 PM
Ugh PSU... PSO BB is much more enjoyable... go for it.

Zol_Zanza
Oct 14, 2007, 04:33 PM
It's been two years since PSU was first shown at E3. Earlier this year, it was announced for the X360. Well, Sega promised a great multiplayer and single-player experiance. Did they pull it off? Well, the multiplayer's good.

Presentation- The menu's are kinda simplistic, but they get the job done. The "pause" system is pretty cool. It doesn't pause the game, but it brings up the menu and the game will still be in action (You can move your character and the menu at the same time). The load times, though not super long, are frequent and you'll get frustrated. The cutscenes suck. Not only is there too many of them, but the acting is terrible. To sum up the presentation, the cutscenes and load times suck, but the cool menu system makes up for it.

Graphics and audio- The graphics aren't good, but they aren't terrible either. They don't take full advantage of the 360's power, basically, they look like high-res PS2 graphics. Some things look great. The swords and enemy designs look pretty cool, and the charcter designs look OK, and some environments look amazing. The audio, on the other hand, doesn't do too well. The voiceovers and voice-acting suck, and the sound-effects don't pack the punch they should be making. But the music sounds pretty good. Overall, the graphics and audio aren't up to 360 standards, but do look and sound nice.

Gameplay and Lasting Appeal- The controls are solid, but the dual-wielding between the saber and pistol could use some work. Combat is great, and vehicle control is OK. But there's one problem, THE SINGLE-PLAYER SUCKS! Seriously, the cutscenes are too long, it feels like a soap opera, and you don't get to fight until the middle of Chapter 1. So, if the single-player sucks, what is there to look forward to? I'll tell you: Online. Multiplayer. It is so fun, and so addictive, that it clearly makes up for the single-player. Customize and level up your character, your robot, and your room. You can make guilds (sort of), you can trade and buy items with other players, you can do everything in the game. Except fight other players, but it is a possiblity of the PvP showing up in the expansion or update. The lasting appeal is high, since there is a lot of things to collect in the multiplayer, and the unlockable Extra Mode, there is a lot of game here.

Overall, the single-player is horrific, but the top-notch online play makes up for it.

Nyreal
Oct 14, 2007, 04:49 PM
PSO, on the other hand, has Dreamcast Graphics. The music and single player gameplay, however, are amazing.

Ithildin
Oct 15, 2007, 12:11 AM
The reason PSUs graphics aren't up to 360 standards is cos it was developed for the PS2... >.>

Nyreal
Oct 15, 2007, 12:36 AM
Just pump up the graphics settings on your PC and you'll have one very sexy PSU going for you.

tei
Oct 15, 2007, 03:53 AM
If it's just those two choices, PSU definitely. Everything specific to Blue Burst (aside from the yummy high res textures..) annoys me, Ep.I&II was much better than BB... And I like having my characters and gameplay forever, instead of always worrying that sega will close the servers and smite the private ones http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Jaspaller
Oct 16, 2007, 09:12 AM
PSU has nothing really unique to it. All the missions are the exact same, reskinned. At least PSO had some decent entertaining quest. If you want something unique, you're basically forced to play single player story missions, or 2 (count that, TWO) Guardian branch missions.

Shadow0416
Oct 16, 2007, 09:41 PM
Psu all the Way still for me regardless of the poll i made i was just curious on other peoples thoughts bout the opinion. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif