PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Mission 10 Illuminus Ambition 2 (SPOILERS)

Eclades
Sep 24, 2007, 06:59 AM
Hi all,

Ive been reading these boards for years but this is the first time ive decided to post.
Im having a bit of trouble with the last mission on C(yes level 1 or above), i cant seem to get to the control room in time, i know i have to avoid fighting the large seed monsters (forget their names) but i cant defeat the seed guardians in time. Is there any quick way to do this as i am level 29 and i think i should be easing past this as i have the other 9 missions.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Menochi
Sep 24, 2007, 07:21 AM
Just kill the casts. Ignore the big guy.

F-Gattaca
Sep 24, 2007, 07:26 AM
Yeah; you need only kill your fellow infected Guardians for the gates to open, so tear into 'em.

A2K
Sep 24, 2007, 07:36 AM
He's aware of that, guys, it's in his post.

Photon arts with knockback might be of some benefit--with them unable to retaliate your hits won't get interrupted as much. Ultimately it's a question of how fast you can deal damage. If all else fails--leave and go level up some more elsewhere.

Eclades
Sep 24, 2007, 07:50 AM
Thanks for your help A2K,

Yeah it was a matter of my photon arts being interrupted by the large seed monsters roundhouse kick move each time, i think i will have to level up and get new photon arts to finish this one or maybe get a new weapon with % which have more effect against these enemies.

RedX
Sep 24, 2007, 07:54 AM
If your a RA class traps are extremely useful.

CelestialBlade
Sep 24, 2007, 08:11 AM
You're probably just going to have to level up. The enemies in that last trek seem to purposely be much higher level than anything else in Story Mode thus far, so while you've made it through fairly easy this part is meant to be much more difficult. Try to find strategies to keep the SEED-Magashis off of you for a bit so you can release some PAs. Anything that can waste a mob would be best, like Renkai Boyou-zan, Dus Robado, Tornado Break, and Rising Crush. The second part of Rising Crush might be extremely useful in this case, come to think of it. Mess around with different strategies and that can make up for your lack of levels. Good luck!

F-Gattaca
Sep 24, 2007, 08:21 AM
On 2007-09-24 05:36, A2K wrote:
He's aware of that, guys, it's in his post.

... oops. That's what I get for trying to post right after waking up.

Well, uh ...

Looking at your profile, you have a Fortefighter?

I back up Typheros' suggestion to use Renkai. You might want to also check into the Ult Twin Dagger PA, Hisou Jinren-zan.

I say that because while it's slow, it's a juggler's dream. You can send those CASEALs airborne left and right with it. You might want to think about using the first combo of Hisou and then follow up with a crowd-punishing PA to keep them off you.

Anduril
Sep 24, 2007, 09:15 AM
I was a very lucky person on this mission. I made it through the door with 0 seconds left on C. I was lv66 Fortetecher so I was able to do fairly large damage to the caseals, but that damn SEED-Magashi kept taking getting in the way of the shots so it took longer than it should have. I found what saved me was getting Laia and Lou close to SEED-Magashi so they distract him while you try to get each caseal individually.

Nai_Calus
Sep 24, 2007, 02:49 PM
If he's L29, he's not getting any of the Ult PA arts any time soon. XP

Renkai n00byou-zan, Buten Shuren-zan, that kinda stuff. Tis how I made it. Now, mind, I was L47, but my character's a freaking newman Fighgunner...

Eclades
Sep 25, 2007, 06:01 AM
Thanks all for your help.

Omega-chan
Sep 27, 2007, 04:50 PM
Okay, call me stupid or anything...but is there anything that a level 22 (soon to be 23, soon as I get off my butt and go get the last 800 EXP) Wartecher can do to pass this trial BESIDES leveling up? And if it all comes down to levels in the end (honestly, I play for fun, not for the levels...it's such a pain to level up.) what level would you recommend I be at, and what class should I be in for it - just plain Force, or stick with Wartecher where I do maybe 1/4 the damage I could do as a FO? Either way, I'm lagged horribly enough that I can't cast a spell in any decent amount of time and it's very hard to land a hit with a melee weapon.

There's one good side to this though; I'm not having any problems with Magashi getting in my way...I seem to be able to avoid him fairly well for some reason. It's just the CASEALs that eat me alive. Go fig.

Josh1993
Nov 25, 2007, 11:03 AM
Hey im having trouble with that same mission but my photon arts are all knock bak, but the game laggs and the clock doesnt lagg at all it takes me 1 min just to get to the other side of the first room

Can you help at all?

Josh1993
Nov 25, 2007, 11:04 AM
Im also a lvl 61 and doing it on C with a whip that i can hit 400s with

Being a lvl 10 acrotecher i cant use many striking weps and my only other coice is lvl 10 fighgunner.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Josh1993 on 2007-11-25 08:30 ]</font>

DragonStorm
Nov 25, 2007, 04:55 PM
im a level 98 who did it on C...had 2 seconds left lol, And what;s this ppl saying u have to only kill casts? yes i could ignore magashi 1 but on the third one i had to kill him inorder to unlock the gate...I used burn trap G against him plus the fact that i was using a computer that was soooo slow http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif it literally took me 4 tries before i finally finished that stupid mission in time.

But ya 3rd magashi i had to kill along with the casts to progress to the finish.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DragonStorm on 2007-11-25 13:56 ]</font>

Josh1993
Nov 26, 2007, 06:03 PM
Omega get a quick photon art lvl that up and the next time u try u should be able to kill all the bots