PDA

View Full Version : Force to Wartecher help

optacron
Sep 24, 2007, 12:45 PM
i am looking to become a force as i have level 10 hunter and want to get level 10 force. im useless at this class so can you guys help me out:
what technics shall i use to get started and then what technics shall i use later into the force and in the fortetecher/guntecher/wartecher classes

beatrixkiddo
Sep 24, 2007, 12:54 PM
Ra-techs are the most versatile damage-dealers. Buffs are always useful. Resta and Regene are a given.

optacron
Sep 24, 2007, 12:56 PM
yeah i got resta and reverser but not regene and i currently want giresta.
i got all the fire ones and a few ice and 1 of everything else

beatrixkiddo
Sep 24, 2007, 12:59 PM
Er, Regene is the japanese name for Reverser, sorry for the confusion.

-Hyacia-
Sep 24, 2007, 12:59 PM
Got Diga? >>

optacron
Sep 24, 2007, 01:08 PM
if not ill buy it

optacron
Sep 24, 2007, 01:09 PM
ive got radiga but ill buy diga

-Hyacia-
Sep 24, 2007, 01:11 PM
I'm not all like super techer smart >.> But its mostly foie and diga alot use for single mobs.

beatrixkiddo
Sep 24, 2007, 01:16 PM
Yep, if it's just one mob you're usually best off using Diga or Foie. If it has a lot of HP and can be burned you should use Foie for the chance of burn. Otherwise, Diga is stronger.

These are pretty much your only ways of doing good damage to a boss, as well. Your Bows and Cards can help some also.

SolomonGrundy
Sep 24, 2007, 02:26 PM
What race are you? If you are cast or beast, you'll want to stick to techs that cause SE3 (foie, dambarta, and damfoie), or techs with massive damage modifiers (diga and foie).

As a human or newman you've got more options. I wrote a guide for newman wartechers, that has been stickied, and humans play pretty close to that.

I assume you've got some buffs so i'l recommend a few attack techs, assuming you grabbed ALL the ones above.

Megiverse, ramegid, and dammegid are all worth getting. Although dammmegid is only SE2, virus its for 5% per tick regardless of SE level, and this is a great way to damage fire/light element mobs. Megiverse has a HUGE range, and altough PP intensive, it's great agianst hoppy golormo's. I also like ramegid: it's good vs multiple strateria, like you find in sleeping warriors. It's also good vs the robots in Neudiaz, as the confuse makes the techs they use go right through you.

So, now you have ice, fire, earth, and dark covered. Just electric left. YOu can choose razonde, or gizone, and currently, it does not really matter which you go with. Both provide SE2 shock, razone is harder to aim, but is more damaging, and cheaper to cast. Gizonde affects more targets. I went with gizonde.

LTrav2k
Sep 25, 2007, 10:18 AM
Everyone here has already made great choices for the techs. A lot of what wartechers can accomplish determines how well you build yourself for close combat as well as long range.

Diga and foie are hands down our single target toys. Just like others here I'm a big fan of megiverse because of the enormous range, and ramegid is a very cost effective dark attack spell.

I see your point about dammegid Solomon, but I opted to go with dark cards instead since they accomplish the same goal. I probably just have too many PA skills at the moment and need to clean house!

Ice I went with rabarta and dambarta.
Earth diga and gidiga (i'm not a fan of a lot of aiming)
Fire - Foie
Electric - gizonde because shock in itself can't be passed up
Dark - Megiverse and Ramegid

The trick is, more spell slots are going to open up to us come AoI... so we can have a broader range of utility.

SolomonGrundy
Sep 25, 2007, 03:22 PM
by the way, I mad almost the exact same choices, except I went with Barta over rabarta, and I also picked up damfoie.

The opportunity for SE3 fire on swarming enemies was too good to pass up.

Kion
Sep 25, 2007, 06:15 PM
Wartecher loses to fortetecher in terms of TP. I recomend techs that you can use in conjunction with meleeing, more specifically the techs with affects and SE's, most specifically gi-, dam- and support techs.

Dam- techs are really cheap to cast and simply great as they have SE3 on them. It puts WT in third fifth place, (one abve fighgunner) for dealing SE's. Gi- techs are also great, they hit six targets, deal SE2 and have knockback. As WT only gets level 20 skills at the moment, they miss out on a couple third hit knockbacks. And support techs are obvious as WT is a close range fighter.

Other applicable techs are obviously foie, diga, razonde. Megid or megiverse are good for dark techs if you're willing to spend the PA frags. Retnis coming out looks like a great PA for WT as it looks cool, has knocback, and WT's have the second most HP, so the HP drain on the tech isn't a problem.

WT has crappy range support so don't waste your PA space on a one-hit week SE2 bow. Maybe one or two for a key elements or chousei-sou for tagging. Cards do alot of damage so picking them is okay except for the fact that you're going to piss off your party constantly sending two cards into the air.