PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC: Problems Installing

GenerationWhy
Sep 25, 2007, 02:26 AM
I am having trouble installing PSU on my laptop. I recently posted a topic last night about my computer's stats. I went through the whole system upload and eventually got it to work out.

But then I tried loading Story Mode it came out with an Error Message in Japanese too complicated for me to translate. So has anyone found this problem?

EphekZ
Sep 25, 2007, 02:29 AM
uhhmmm, only time I can remember getting a Japanese error was when I didnt have internet connection. You need internet for story mode since there's patches and shit. If you do have the interwebs then I don't know what to say.

actually before I was about to press submit I got another idea, do you have directx 9.0+ installed on your computer? That could be a problem also.

edit: lol divx...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EphekZ on 2007-09-25 00:30 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Sep 25, 2007, 02:38 AM
Internet needs connection or that you can use the directx 9.0c from the CD or from

http://www.tucows.com/preview/194328

GenerationWhy
Sep 25, 2007, 02:42 AM
I have both installed Div X and of course, have an internet connection. I don't know what's wrong.

Menochi
Sep 25, 2007, 02:44 AM
Use printscren, past it into paint, and upload it to a site so someone who knows Japanese can translate the error?

GenerationWhy
Sep 25, 2007, 02:48 AM
How do I do that? I can't seem to get printscreen to save anywhere...

Menochi
Sep 25, 2007, 02:50 AM
When the error comes up, hit the printscreen key. Then open MS paint, and choose paste. That should paste your desktop. After that, save it as a jpg, and upload it.

GenerationWhy
Sep 25, 2007, 02:51 AM
This is a laptop, I don't have a printscreen button. Or at least, I don't know how to get it to work.

Menochi
Sep 25, 2007, 02:52 AM
Ah, then I have no idea. Digicam? lol

Check the official forums in tech support, they might have something. Otherwise, I've got nothing else to offer.

GenerationWhy
Sep 25, 2007, 02:56 AM
Ach... great, erm... I'll see tomorrow if my friend can translate it for me later... so what if I had used the same disc on a different computer to play the game? Does that have any affect?

EphekZ
Sep 25, 2007, 02:59 AM
No, it does not. I gave like 3 of my friends PSU all with the same disk. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
Now when you say "Div X" you mean divx or Direct X?

GenerationWhy
Sep 25, 2007, 03:04 AM
Erm, I downloaded the bit from the disc, I downloaded that before I installed my game. Uh, so yeah. That thing. I still don't know what to do!

GenerationWhy
Sep 25, 2007, 03:05 AM
Oh! I did something, I am running vista so I ddi some vista stuff and then now the error message isn't even showing, now it's just showing the PSU game box and it's all black... no game movement... yeah...

Menochi
Sep 25, 2007, 03:07 AM
Ah, vista. Theres half of the problem right there, you need to install PSU in a certain way.

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=223

I need to go pass out, so run it through a translator, if you're still stuck when I wake up I'll be happy to go through the steps.

EDIT: Well, in that case, good job. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Menochi on 2007-09-25 01:08 ]</font>

GenerationWhy
Sep 25, 2007, 03:07 AM
WAAAAh, ignore me now. You all are super cool people so like, yeah! I got it to work, albiet slowly. Thankyou all for your help, expect to see my noobness soon online ^_^

EphekZ
Sep 25, 2007, 03:08 AM
ahh you're running on Vista. That makes me unable to help heh. I run the good ol' XP so that's the only system I'll be able to help you on. Perhaps other may be of more assistance. Good luck regardless.

Glad you got it to run, if you feel PSU isn't running well go and mess with the settings a bit; Go to advanced settings,You'll probably need to set everything to low and set your frame skip to 3.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EphekZ on 2007-09-25 01:14 ]</font>