PDA

View Full Version : What make laser cannons so good in AOI?

ShynForce
Sep 25, 2007, 08:06 AM
Hey sup everyone I've been reading pso-world for years ever since the DC days but i barely post but anyways back to the topic.

Recently i switch to fortegunner I've been a fighgunner my whole psu career i switched at lv74. I want to be useful when im playing with my friends so as of now my main bullets im lving are burn/frozen shot for my rifle and my shotty the ice/ground shot. I bought dark killer and ground shot for my rifle but i didnt get around to lving them yet.

Its taking me awhile just to get my frozen shot to 21 (its at 20 atm) my burn shot is at lv12. As for shottys they seem pretty quick so im not worried much (ground is 23 ice is 13). As of now im lv80 i do plan on getting my other rifle shots to 21 at least to get that lv4 SE and as for shotty im not sure what element i would get.

Since im kinda late on switching to fortegunner im trying to get the main bullets to 21 before i start concentrating on others. As for laser cannon i never tried it before but it doesn't seem that good from what i seen anyway besides maylee prism i see how useful that is. Im not sure if i will switch back to my fighgunner i most likely probably will so i dont want to get rid of any of his skills so thats why im asking what makes laser cannons so good in AOI. I wanted to try to stay with rifles and shottys mostly maybe get a dark burn and lighting crossbow to spread SE but thats about it. I just wanted to know whats so good about laser cannons in AOI and which ones would i have to lv.

amtalx
Sep 25, 2007, 08:23 AM
Laser Cannons will flinch in AoI. You know how you can suppress a single target with your Rifle because you halt their attack and move them back after each shot? Imaging doing that to 5 targets at once dealing 500+ damage to each per shot with SE2. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif You can essentially stun-lock an entire mob while dealing crazy damage. This should turn small mobs into cannon fodder. I imagine adding Charm to this equation will equal quick death for all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: amtalx on 2007-09-25 06:30 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Sep 25, 2007, 08:41 AM
... for all but the laser cannon user, I hope.

Even right now, laser cannons do serious damage if you know when to pull them out and position yourself, like I was doing up to 1200 per shot with a level 1 skill.

ShynForce
Sep 25, 2007, 10:31 AM
Wow that sounds nice i didnt know that and just when i sold a thunder cannon i found at labs...... Well what element bullet do you recommend to put on a laser cannon?

amtalx
Sep 25, 2007, 10:35 AM
I'm working on Ice, Earth, Fire, and Lightning now. I recommend you buy your Laser Cannons now while demand is low. There's always a chance that people will go "OMGZZZ lazur canuunz r awsum!!" after AoI, and prices will go up.

panzer_unit
Sep 25, 2007, 10:40 AM
Might as well wait and grab the new ultimate that's coming out on Friday, I think.

Light is a really good SE for laser supposing you ever land it. Shuts up offensive techs, causes enemies to bunch up, causes them to damage eachother. I like Freeze too, you stick your target(s) in place making it easier to keep landing multi-target shots.

SolomonGrundy
Sep 25, 2007, 03:30 PM
freeze also works well on those vanda's - probably my most hated enemy in this game right now.

WildArms2
Sep 25, 2007, 07:47 PM
lazer cannons are highly over rated and wont be godly like many on here are making them out to be...I wouldn't bother levelingh up the cannons

Mayu
Sep 25, 2007, 07:57 PM
Flinch http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

amtalx
Sep 26, 2007, 07:33 AM
On 2007-09-25 17:47, WildArms2 wrote:
lazer cannons are highly over rated and wont be godly like many on here are making them out to be...I wouldn't bother levelingh up the cannons

Laser Cannons are already incredibly powerful and actually one of the higher "potential" DPS weapons a fG has. Getting enemies into position isn't that hard. KEEPING them in position is. Flinch addresses this problem. You may want to give Laser Cannons another chance.

Menochi
Sep 26, 2007, 10:43 AM
On 2007-09-25 17:47, WildArms2 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB4MfxF8uCE

Timestamp 3:40 onward.

Shadow_Wing
Sep 26, 2007, 12:26 PM
Oh interesting, they have a KB flinch similar to rifles... Lasers might be pretty useful

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 26, 2007, 12:34 PM
I see they still didn't fix the sheer graphical laziness of having the tail end of the shot being seen from behind the damn barrel, not to mention sht shots being larger than the guns WHEN THEY HAVEN'T EVEN LEFT THE BARREL YET! Also looks like it'll still suck on bosses.

panzer_unit
Sep 26, 2007, 01:20 PM
Tell me about it!! I know I'll be crying into the heaps of monsters I break and kill with my laser cannon.

I always thought the "bullet starts behind the gun" thing was a deliberate homage to Ikari Warriors.

Garanz-Baranz
Sep 26, 2007, 05:19 PM
I actually like the little tail out the back of the Laser, seems more Rocket Launcher-ish, like smoke.

Laser Cannons and Shotguns are perhaps the most powerful weapons on Fortegunners, Guntechers, and Protransers.

Laser Cannons getting a Stun will ULTIMATELY boost their PWNT levels. If they still have the "Rapid Fire Laser" glitch in the AoI o.o;;;

HFlowen
Sep 26, 2007, 05:21 PM
"If they still have the "Rapid Fire Laser" glitch in the AoI o.o;;; "

They don't, it's patched in JPN already.

Garanz-Baranz
Sep 26, 2007, 05:24 PM
On 2007-09-26 15:21, HFlowen wrote:
"If they still have the "Rapid Fire Laser" glitch in the AoI o.o;;; "

They don't, it's patched in JPN already.

Fudge. [kicks a random can of Gawik beer]

Dumb patches ._.

Genoa
Sep 27, 2007, 12:12 AM
This will DEFINITELY help Protransers A LOT. They need more things to keep enemies off of them.

I already liked Laser Cannons quite a bit after using them correctly. Many people just kept on using them to shoot one or two enemies <_> it's for mobs of people, and works GREAT in places like labs or train where enemies group up so well. Bugs? lulz, bugs get whooped. And I'm currently working on Gravity Prism, so those bugs are dead x_x

Now with knockback this is going to be great. I'm very happy :>

Kuya
Sep 27, 2007, 09:16 AM
Stupid changes in weapons making me get new bullets *mumble* lol - Well, this is great. I first didn't like shotguns and now I do. It will be the same for lasers soon enough. I guess I should be happy that I'm working on weapons that I have S rank in as a fG eh? (Not that I'll ever see/synth a S rank - EVAR.) lol

Menochi
Sep 27, 2007, 12:00 PM
On 2007-09-27 07:16, Kuya wrote:
Stupid changes in weapons making me get new bullets *mumble* lol - Well, this is great. I first didn't like shotguns and now I do. It will be the same for lasers soon enough. I guess I should be happy that I'm working on weapons that I have S rank in as a fG eh? (Not that I'll ever see/synth a S rank - until expansion) lol

S ranks drop as whole weapons in expansion areas. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kion
Sep 27, 2007, 12:58 PM
in the video the cast was using a laser canoc. i didn't see if it was grinded at all, but considdering kubara loses on atp, she was still doing 1,100 total a shot hitting all four ageetas and keeping them at bay with out a problem. using the right element and GRM weapon, you could easily see much higher numbers.

Sgt_Shligger
Sep 27, 2007, 03:46 PM
On 2007-09-27 10:58, Kion wrote:
in the video the cast was using a laser canoc. i didn't see if it was grinded at all, but considdering kubara loses on atp, she was still doing 1,100 total a shot hitting all four ageetas and keeping them at bay with out a problem. using the right element and GRM weapon, you could easily see much higher numbers.

Yeah, she was doing great damage even though her intentions were to induce the status effect.

Kuya
Sep 27, 2007, 04:28 PM
On 2007-09-27 10:00, Menochi wrote:

On 2007-09-27 07:16, Kuya wrote:
Stupid changes in weapons making me get new bullets *mumble* lol - Well, this is great. I first didn't like shotguns and now I do. It will be the same for lasers soon enough. I guess I should be happy that I'm working on weapons that I have S rank in as a fG eh? (Not that I'll ever see/synth a S rank - until expansion) lol

S ranks drop as whole weapons in expansion areas. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dropping in expansion areas still means it needs to drop http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif XD

Genoa
Sep 27, 2007, 05:29 PM
If you've ever played pso, or any decent mmorpg, then you know rares are rare =P

panzer_unit
Sep 28, 2007, 12:46 PM
On 2007-09-26 22:12, MegamanX wrote:
This will DEFINITELY help Protransers A LOT. They need more things to keep enemies off of them.

Bogga Danga, Bogga Zubba, Bogga Robado, Tornado Break, Dus Robado, Anga Durega, Anga Jabroga, Rising Strike, everything that comes out of a grenade launcher, Plasma Prism, Mayalee Prism, Raisei-sou, Massei-Sou, Barada Inga, Plasma Hit, Damage Trap (and G), Poison Trap (and G), Silence Trap (and G), Shock Trap (and G)

... whiskey tango foxtrot. Maybe I missed your point somewhere.

Genoa
Sep 28, 2007, 01:29 PM
On 2007-09-28 10:46, panzer_unit wrote:

On 2007-09-26 22:12, MegamanX wrote:

Bogga Danga, Bogga Zubba, Bogga Robado, Tornado Break, Dus Robado, Anga Durega, Anga Jabroga, Rising Strike, everything that comes out of a grenade launcher, Plasma Prism, Mayalee Prism, Raisei-sou, Massei-Sou, Barada Inga, Plasma Hit, Damage Trap (and G), Poison Trap (and G), Silence Trap (and G), Shock Trap (and G)

... whiskey tango foxtrot. Maybe I missed your point somewhere.

And this changes the fact they still need it... why?

Menochi
Sep 29, 2007, 05:05 AM
On 2007-09-27 15:29, MegamanX wrote:
If you've ever played pso, or any decent mmorpg, then you know rares are rare =P

13-15 stars are the new rare. 10 stars can drop more than once at the same time now, whole or board. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

KaffeKane
Sep 29, 2007, 01:26 PM
On 2007-09-26 15:19, Garanz-Baranz wrote:
If they still have the "Rapid Fire Laser" glitch in the AoI o.o;;;

Actually, that's getting fixed in the next system update.