PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Fortetechers Techs

WolfBlade
Sep 25, 2007, 02:36 PM
Well as of now there are 32 tech, and we can only use 36 Pa.So with this coming update 2 new techs will be added, just posting this to see wat other FT will do.atm I have 32 tech 2 bow 2 card.What I might do is 34 tech 1 bow 1 card.

Just to see wat other techers will do.

pikachief
Sep 25, 2007, 02:39 PM
delete techs u dont like or u dont use or jsut plain suck like barta....

Turambar
Sep 25, 2007, 02:41 PM
More like Zonde...

RedCoKid
Sep 25, 2007, 02:51 PM
Yeah, it'd be nice if we could store some onto disk, but right now it looks like I'll have to delete 1 Lv17 card and 1 Lv20 skill. I'd suggest deleting the PAs you've leveled up the least; you won't miss them as much.

WolfBlade
Sep 25, 2007, 02:52 PM
On 2007-09-25 12:51, RedCoKid wrote:
Yeah, it'd be nice if we could store some onto disk, but right now it looks like I'll have to delete 1 Lv17 card and 1 Lv20 skill. I'd suggest deleting the PAs you've leveled up the least; you won't miss them as much.

yea tru dat, im gonna keep all tech, cuz i rarely use card or bow anyways.

desturel
Sep 25, 2007, 03:02 PM
On 2007-09-25 12:39, pikachief wrote:
delete techs u dont like or u dont use or jsut plain suck like barta....

Barta is good. I like Barta. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

MSAksion
Sep 25, 2007, 03:14 PM
You have two bow and two cards okay that's easy that sounds like me.

Ones to consider Unlearning are;

FIRE - GIFOIE. Don't need to burn 6 targets surrounding you. Damufoie is better for instantenous BURN.

ICE - BARTA. Just... No sorry. Rabarta is more effective at freezing and does great damage.

Lightning - Zonde. Nah. same as Barta but even less useless since there are no earth enemies.

Earth - Radiga. Serious. It doesn't even cause status when it hits 3 enemies. Gidiga is insane for damage though i don't use gidiga.

Darkness - Megid or Damumegid. Damumegid is only lvl TWO infection hence why i carry a 21+ Virus Bow. Megid is a ***** to level anyway and only lvl 3 kill at 21+. Let the rangers use killer shot megid isn't worth it.

NOS MEGID too. Why keep your HP low to do extra damage? Its not worth it.

That already is 6 spells you can get rid of that can't beat others in that element's series.

Spells to KEEP definitely;

Fire - Foie, Rafoie
Ice - Rabarta, Damubarta
Lightning - Razonde, GiZonde
Earth - Diga, NOS DIGA seriously
Darkness - Ramegid, MEGIVERSE definitely
Light well you know.
All 4 Buffs
all 3 Debuffs
Eventually the 2 shield TECHS

SolomonGrundy
Sep 25, 2007, 04:01 PM
as other have said, you don't need every tech.

I went with rafoie, over gifoie
I went with barta over either ra, or gi barta (barta naysayers be advised that this tech is going to get gross in AoI) - and I find it usefull currently.
I went with gidiga over radiga
I went with ramagid over megid and dammegid

you get the idea.

I'd say the biggest question is what will people do about megiverse? Will it get used, or will it sit on the shelves? Wartecher solo-ing special? Great in combo with megiverse..

desturel
Sep 25, 2007, 04:03 PM
ICE - BARTA. Just... No sorry. Rabarta is more effective at freezing and does great damage.

Once again with the barta hating. I prefer barta to rabarta for several reasons. Barta travels uphill/steps. Thus making it easier for you to be out of the way while casting it. Rabarta does not. Barta can hit more than 3 enemies. Barta takes less PP is faster to cast and monsters can actually run INTO barta where as they cannot run into Rabarta once the initial cast is done.

<-- has barta 28 and rabarta 22.

I use barta much more often than I use rabarta. Rabarta is good for Vanda Mehra and... well Koltova. Barta is better for badira, distova, and any other enemy that doesn't stand in one spot while you take the time to cast. If I want to freeze things, I don't rely on rabarta, I use dambarta or Reisei-sou/reisei-shiki. Heck even Frozen Hit level 21+ is better for landing freeze than rabarta.

Again, Rabarta is good for enemies that aren't rushing you down. Barta is good to cast and get out of the way.

Lightning - Zonde. Nah. same as Barta but even less useless since there are no earth enemies.

Huh??? I see someone doesn't venture outside of Parum.

Now zonde isn't my favorite spell (I just got it to 21 last week), but it has a few uses. Grove of Fanatics Red Robots on S2 are a bit too fast for Razonde at times. (xbox360 so we don't have the nerfed enemies and free PM meat shields) So if I'm not in a party I'll whip out zonde. In a party I'll do Razonde and maybe barta/dambarta.
(gizonde tends to get you smashed in the face or hit by explosions if you aren't careful) Naval are also nice zonde fodder.

Since Zonde doesn't travel uphill/downhill like barta I consider it more expendable. However shock is easier to stick than freeze so zonde's level 1 shock will apply pretty easily. I have even been able to shock GoVahra, where as the barta freeze does not very often. If zonde traveled uphill/downhill, I would probably use it as much as barta. I mainly use it for Sendillian (and the aforementioned naval) at the moment

Darkness - Megid or Damumegid. Damumegid is only lvl TWO infection hence why i carry a 21+ Virus Bow. Megid is a ***** to level anyway and only lvl 3 kill at 21+. Let the rangers use killer shot megid isn't worth it.

Megid costs too much PP to use right now for how slow it is to cast. The good thing is that the PP cost is going down in the expansion. It does a good amount of damage, but like zonde, only goes straight ahead.

You don't have to keep your HP low. I mainly use it for the knockdown at level 21+, but noszonde is cheaper.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: desturel on 2007-09-25 14:08 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: desturel on 2007-09-25 14:10 ]</font>

OldCoot
Sep 25, 2007, 04:10 PM
On 2007-09-25 13:14, MSAksion wrote:
You have two bow and two cards okay that's easy that sounds like me.

Ones to consider Unlearning are;

FIRE - GIFOIE. Don't need to burn 6 targets surrounding you. Damufoie is better for instantenous BURN.

Earth - Radiga. Serious. It doesn't even cause status when it hits 3 enemies. Gidiga is insane for damage though i don't use gidiga.

That already is 6 spells you can get rid of that can't beat others in that element's series.

Spells to KEEP definitely;

Fire - Foie, Rafoie
Ice - Rabarta, Damubarta
Lightning - Razonde, GiZonde
Earth - Diga, NOS DIGA seriously
Darkness - Ramegid, MEGIVERSE definitely
Light well you know.
All 4 Buffs
all 3 Debuffs
Eventually the 2 shield TECHS

Good information but I want to throw in that Barta has great range. You can stand back and hit critters from a decent distance.

I might scap Zonde though being I just don't use it and would rather use Gizonde or Razonde.

Megiverse is great but one little tap, poof you are done casting. You need a good armor, have creatures debuffed and be buffed to keep using this. I plan on keeping mine, but it is something to consider.

Megid is a PP hog and I have to force myself to use it, but it pays off seeing half a mob fall when approaching sometimes. Could be more useful later and since I have mine up there, I don't want to scrap it.

Nosmegid. I can use it to knock over two targets and it homes on on them. Great for those elusive guys who like to move around a lot. Can be used (to little effect) on a boss as well. This also levels pretty fast.

ThEoRy
Sep 25, 2007, 05:39 PM
Barta and zonce haters? Where's Rashiid when you need him?!

Kanju
Sep 25, 2007, 05:55 PM
There's no denying how awesome Barta is. Except probably it's damage modifier, but ehh.

ashley50
Sep 25, 2007, 06:01 PM
Get Barta to 21 and you'll love it...like i did.

Sychosis
Sep 25, 2007, 06:05 PM
Barta is outclassed by other TECHNICs in the same element too easily. Zonde at least has the ability to hit as many targets as are in range while having no comparable TECHNIC of the same element.

Both of them are in need of an SE 2 upgrade ala Laser Cannons.

ErtaiClou
Sep 25, 2007, 10:51 PM
This.....IS....barta

Syl
Sep 25, 2007, 10:56 PM
Don't forget Barta and Zonde will have flinch come AoI http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

SolomonGrundy
Sep 26, 2007, 02:01 AM
On 2007-09-25 16:05, Sychosis wrote:
Barta is outclassed by other TECHNICs in the same element too easily. Zonde at least has the ability to hit as many targets as are in range while having no comparable TECHNIC of the same element.

barta is cheap to cast, barta travels up hills, and down hills. barta can hit an infinite number of targets, barta has a fast cast animation

That being said, dambarta is better, but for my 2 meseta, I'll look at gi, ra, and barta as equals in the tech world...and come AoI, rawr.

Sexy_Raine
Sep 26, 2007, 10:19 AM
Get rid of debuffs. I wouldn't be saying this if it wasn't for gunners, but they took all the fun out of using them. It just seems useless in parties now since they could just easily do itfrom a safe range

Keep 4 offense techs of the same color to get the % bonus on rods.

mll
Sep 27, 2007, 04:33 PM
On 2007-09-25 16:05, Sychosis wrote:

Imagine Gohmons with se2 barta.
Now are you sure you want them to change it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mll on 2007-09-27 14:34 ]</font>