PDA

View Full Version : Megistar, a solution?

ChaosAngel92
Sep 26, 2007, 12:19 AM
Hello there, wow it has been long time since i dont post anything, damn school >_>. Anyway:

Yeah, i know what is megistar. You cast it and a purple "like megid" appears on the wand giving you all the buffs (hell yeah!) with some HP cost or something like that. I had been thinking for a while, if this can replace all the 4 buffs. Having 1 TECH instead of 4, who wont like that? Obviously, its too good for be true so i have some questions. A) Megistar is not as powerfull as the 4 buffs?. B) The buffs are only for the caster? If the answer to these questions are "NO", then, i think wartechers, and guntechers have found, not a solution, a miracle! Well...unless the hp is taken would be a lot, then maybe its a problem. Oh well you tell me. Oh by the way, so sorry if there was a post of this already. I didnt noticed it.

PS: Hmmm, how much frags you think it is going to cost? 99 surely.

Zorafim
Sep 26, 2007, 12:23 AM
It's self only.

ChaosAngel92
Sep 26, 2007, 12:25 AM
On 2007-09-25 22:23, Zorafim wrote:
It's self only.

Well, perfect solution for solo players then. Sigh, oh well, i had faith.

Fredrick
Sep 26, 2007, 12:30 AM
Yeah I thought it would be like a regular buff too. Seems kind of useless. Like a lot of things in PSU.

Kion
Sep 26, 2007, 12:37 AM
Looks useful for mixed techers that may not have the PA space. I know that with my GT, i'm getting it and then loading up on debuffs. In parties there's generally a FT who buffs, so i'll be able to leave that to them and debuffs the enemies so the party can do more damage. and i'll always be able to buff myself if the FT is stingy, or when i solo.

and only 25 PA frags btw.

ErtaiClou
Sep 26, 2007, 12:37 AM
I'm glad you posted this cause the wording in other threads wasn't quite clear. I guess it is basically the equivalent of megistride. I wonder how many frags it will end up running though.

ChaosAngel92
Sep 26, 2007, 12:45 AM
On 2007-09-25 22:37, Kion wrote:

......and only 25 PA frags btw.

You got to be kidding me XD.
Well yeah, im not surprised it cost this, i mean, maybe it wasnt so usefull at all. Or i do not know. Maybe i should wait to try it and see how usefull it is. To be honest, i dont care if NPC's recive or not buffs, the will end getting killed anyway no matter ow much i try to resta them (we all know that on S2 missions they are more human shields than killer characters) so, i must incist, they are a solution for soloing. I just hope not to see people replacing all the 4 buffs for this and leaving the entire party unbuffed (this is an automessage for me. Bealive it or not, im thinking of doing it) Oh, also one question remains. Megistar is as powerfull as the other 4 buffs?

Genoa
Sep 26, 2007, 12:54 AM
Megistar seems nice for Guntecher and MAYBE Wartecher, I think it's just more convenient for people who want to save palette space, soloing, and the fact you don't need to use 2 slots to get all four of your buffs.

Though on AoI, That all better freakin change, because with level.30 Suppor techs on both GT and WT, I better see more of them using their buffs on EVERYONE D;
I know I will be.

It's similar to the buff item, megistaride (or however you spell it), with the HP damage part. I believe it removes 1/2 of your total HP over time? Maybe not half... meh, I've hear half, I'm stickin with that.
I also hear it's just as strong as the other 4. 10%, then 15%, then 20%.
---Advantages:
- Uses all buffs at ONE time
- Requires only ONE slot in a wand/rod, saving you space for other techs/weapons
---Disadvantages:
- Self-only
- Damages self over time duration

So it's really up to you =/

Fure_Rakune
Sep 26, 2007, 01:07 AM
Can you kill yourself via megistar, or will the hp drain stop at one?

Dj_SkyEpic
Sep 26, 2007, 01:09 AM
Megistar's HP drain seems to be similar to status effects like Virus, Burn, and Poison.

I believe you will be able to keep a minimum of 1HP from Megistar if used. O.o

ChaosAngel92
Sep 26, 2007, 01:24 AM
HEH! Espontaneous Idea. What if you combo the Xbow low ho damage bullet with megistar?! Bah never mind, its just trash.

Weeaboolits
Sep 26, 2007, 02:31 AM
I use it a lot offline, it's fairly convenient to not have to pull out a rod or something and cast all your buffs, instead just hitting the one button to get all of them, I guess it'd be most useful for wartechers once AoI rolls around with madoogs, so they can buff fully if they're away from the group or sommat, I know I'd fully have a madoog w/ megistar/resta combo.

amtalx
Sep 26, 2007, 07:26 AM
Megistar is great for Yak Zagenga...that's about it.

Shiryuu
Sep 26, 2007, 07:30 AM
On 2007-09-26 05:26, amtalx wrote:

Regrants is better for GT though.

ChaosAngel92
Sep 26, 2007, 11:28 AM
On 2007-09-26 05:30, Shiryuu wrote:

On 2007-09-26 05:26, amtalx wrote:

Regrants is better for GT though.

Cant give my opinion of this cause i havnt tried regrants yet. Anyway talking about something else, i woked up with a kind of dilema. How you level the other buffs? You go to a buff party, and start casting where the group is because the exp of the TECH is multiply by the number of memebers there are. I think Megistar it would be a pain in the ass to level up it. Just think about it, if the other buffs take too long on level them to 30, i do not want to think what megistar will be.

omegapirate2k
Sep 26, 2007, 11:43 AM
Megistar is perfect for my wartecher, I don't need to buff everyone else, and this way I don't need to bother having the buffs take up wand (and madoog in the expansion) space in my inventory when I have level 30 offensive techs and resta.

Indica
Sep 26, 2007, 11:59 AM
I wonder how long it will take to LV this thing..especially to LV40

If it's only self buff, that is gonna take a hella long time as compared to 6 people to LV normal buffs

omegapirate2k
Sep 26, 2007, 12:02 PM
On 2007-09-26 09:59, Indica wrote:
I wonder how long it will take to LV this thing..especially to LV40

It should be quite easy to level I think, stand on one of those healing pads with a wand or madoog and spam it and use the nearby PP crystal to recharge when needed.

relentless
Sep 26, 2007, 12:08 PM
On 2007-09-26 10:02, omegapirate2k wrote:
It should be quite easy to level I think, stand on one of those healing pads with a wand or madoog and spam it and use the nearby PP crystal to recharge when needed.

Yeah, it's basically not hard at all to lvl because you just have to spam it.
Btw. I think you don't need to stand on a healing pad, you should be able to cast it even with only 1 HP, you won't die.
I don't know but I think in offline mode the casting time was just like Girestas and it did cost a lot of PP if I remember correctly. So I suggest a Rod with Me / Quick or Har / Quick. Or yeah, just use Wands if you can't use Rods. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

omegapirate2k
Sep 26, 2007, 12:12 PM
On 2007-09-26 10:08, SeKaI wrote:

On 2007-09-26 10:02, omegapirate2k wrote:

Yeah, it's basically not hard at all to lvl because you just have to spam it.
Btw. I think you don't need to stand on a healing pad, you should be able to cast it even with only 1 HP, you won't die.
I don't know but I think in offline mode the casting time was just like Girestas and it did cost a lot of PP if I remember correctly. So I suggest a Rod with Me / Quick or Har / Quick. Or yeah, just use Wands if you can't use Rods. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Well, if one has a madoog it's even faster, and you'd be a fool to spam it on a weapon higher than C rank, so spam and pay the dirt cheap recharge costs, you just trade speed in casting for how often you have to tap the PP crystal.