PDA

View Full Version : when race over comes job, or vice versa.

SolomonGrundy
Sep 26, 2007, 02:09 PM
Being a stat whore, and browsing through the stats of characters, I'm always on the lookout for an oddity in how the numbers pan out.

For example, by level 80/10, a Newman Wartecher's ATA surpasses a Beast Fortefighter's ATA.

Another by leve 90/10, a Cast Wartechers DFP surpsasses a newman fF DFP (and the ATP is not far off, if I am not mistaken).

A human's Wartechers TAP surpsasses a beast fortetecher around 85, and a newman guntecher's MST, surpasses a Beast's fortetecher by level 90/10.

panzer_unit
Sep 26, 2007, 02:14 PM
Hold on, how do these numbers switch position with each other?

I thought you had some base stat that's the same for everyone at level X... then you modify by race %, then by job %. If one (race * job) combined modifier is higher than another, then that combination should ALWAYS be ahead or behind....

Garanz-Baranz
Sep 26, 2007, 05:34 PM
Perhaps theres the fact of Gender crossing, A male FT might be lesser then a Female GT. <.< gotta take these things seriously

SolomonGrundy
Sep 26, 2007, 06:40 PM
On 2007-09-26 12:14, panzer_unit wrote:
Hold on, how do these numbers switch position with each other?

I thought you had some base stat that's the same for everyone at level X... then you modify by race %, then by job %. If one (race * job) combined modifier is higher than another, then that combination should ALWAYS be ahead or behind....

nope. in most cases, the multiplier is not high enough. Consider the ATA multiplier for Wartecher...it's 80%. It's 100% for fortefighter.

BUT

if you take one of the more accurate races, then the "20%" isn't enough to overcome the natural gains as you get higher and higher in level.