PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC: *FIXED* Any news on the GameGuard Update Error?

Aeralea
Sep 27, 2007, 08:43 PM
**EDIT: If you are experiencing the problem below and are running Windows Vista, try turning off User Account Control. (That thing that asks permission to do pretty much anything..) That latest patch to GameGuard must have had some sort of conflicts with UAC. To change this for an account (I think it has to have Admin rights) go to Start>Control Panel>User Accounts>Turn User Account Control on or off (should be last in the list.)

Thanks to Krupp on the official site for finding that out! : )

A bit over a week ago, the new GameGuard Update seemed to mess up some PC-users' ability to get on to PSU.

Mine is giving me the message: "GameGuard Initialization Error. Please restart and try again, or end any programs that may be causing a conflict."

I haven't installed anything new - so nothing should be conflicting with it. It's happened since that last update and it acts like it goes through the GameGuard process very quickly - as though it's not downloading or installing anything, even if there -is- something to install.

Is there any news on this?

I would prefer not having to reinstall PSU if possible as the updates will take me several days to re-download on my dial-up connection... Is there any /other way to fix this?

Thank you kindly,
~ Aeralea

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aeralea on 2007-09-29 17:43 ]</font>

Krupp
Oct 3, 2007, 10:15 PM
I'm on here too =D. Your welcome by the way.