PDA

View Full Version : Spinning break is even worse?

SolomonGrundy
Sep 28, 2007, 03:03 AM
so I got spnning break, offline,, and quickly leveled it to 11 so I could verify the # of hits/targets.

it's 2x2, followed by 2x1 (and there is plenty of delay between the first and second move).

Why is this PA 18k? they should pay me to use it. If this gets to rant-y, it can go into 'dead horse society'

so - what do *you* use it for?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-09-28 09:20 ]</font>

Genoa
Sep 28, 2007, 03:49 AM
I didn't find it very useful either, I've always liked Tornado Break a million times more than Spinning.
Perhaps it's because it was released later and has extra stars xD, lets not forget you do front-flips =0 that's always jaw-dropper >_>

Hrith
Sep 28, 2007, 05:26 AM
Offline's different. I have it at Lv30 online, I'll try it in a few.

panzer_unit
Sep 28, 2007, 08:41 AM
The second move is 2 targets, online at least. The last is 3 targets.

I bought Spinning Break because it's a FAR better means of damage versus 1 or 2 targets than Tornado. It's pretty good against stuff like Stateria, Polas, Kamatoze... the reach and travel distance make it good for smacking worms... etc. IMO Spinning wasn't a great move in its stats, so much as it let me multi-purpose the collection of swords I have lying around for Tornado Break.

Online right now I wouldn't consider buying Spinning Break in a million years. Pay frags for Gravity... the AOE is pretty iffy on Spinning Break and you waste a lot of the potential damage, Gravity rocks ONE target with the same force. I'm talking 1200 damage per hit at lv1.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-09-28 08:11 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 28, 2007, 10:20 AM
Yeah, Gravity Break is awesome. On my lv 48 Beast, it did like 772 damage or so on neutral targets, and 1100 something on a critical, at level 1. I kind of consider Spinning Break to be pretty lame.

SolomonGrundy
Sep 28, 2007, 11:24 AM
when I think about single target move, I think of twin claw, or Bogga Robado. 4 hits in a very short period of time.

With a 28% 6* fist, Beast 82/10 fF, it hits for ~425 a shot (x4 is 1700). can gravity break top that?

I thought spinning break hit 3 targets, which would have made it great vs kamtoze/strateria, etc.

panzer_unit
Sep 28, 2007, 12:21 PM
I learned Renzan for single-target PA damage as well... not enormously damaging but dirt cheap for PP and with Vahra Claws I can fire it off all day. Gravity Break does twice as much damage (total) for a little less than twice the PP. With proper element (or levels, mine's still lv1) you'll be dealing 1700 in a single blow.

Between sword moves, Gravity is going to hit one target harder than Spinning can hit two, and even after Spinning gets updated to 205% ATP it'll be pretty close competition... Spinning's cheaper but has to catch full targets on the first two moves in order to be competitive.

SolomonGrundy
Sep 28, 2007, 12:54 PM
I only went with robado becasue I hate the male twin claw animation. And knuckles are more accurate.

What's gravity breaks accuracy? Spinning breaks is pretty respectable, I'll give it that.

Pillan
Sep 28, 2007, 12:59 PM
Gravity Break is a fixed 70% accuracy mod.

panzer_unit
Sep 28, 2007, 01:00 PM
Gravity Break's ATA is 70% ... vs 75% for Tornado Break and 80% for Spinning Break.

SolomonGrundy
Sep 28, 2007, 01:15 PM
70%, wonderful. :-/
Let's see what the ATA doesn't matter crowd has to say 'bout that
err...the pp use per move is 30-ish, then?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-09-28 11:18 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Sep 28, 2007, 01:24 PM
It's 20 for Ff, I think that's 25 normally.

SolomonGrundy
Sep 28, 2007, 06:00 PM
20 is not so bad.

Zorafim
Sep 29, 2007, 01:57 PM
I think Gravity trumps any use for Spinning Break. It has a similar role, and its damage is simply amazing. Not to mention it doesn't look like fail. Shame about the accuracy, but this is why I picked caseal.

SolomonGrundy
Sep 29, 2007, 06:05 PM
I'd like to see both at level 30 vs. a target with 2 hit locations..like a boss..

obviously, for things like Bill de vears, Gravibreak is a madman.

Zorafim
Sep 30, 2007, 01:28 AM
Simple math will do just as well.

If gravity break is doing 1k a hit, and spinning is doing 500, then the first parts will be equal, the second grav will do twice as well, and the third... What's the modifier on gravity on the third hit?

Regardless, Gravity Break will at least break even.

SolomonGrundy
Sep 30, 2007, 02:10 AM
On 2007-09-29 23:28, Zorafim wrote:
Simple math will do just as well.

If gravity break is doing 1k a hit, and spinning is doing 500, then the first parts will be equal, the second grav will do twice as well, and the third... What's the modifier on gravity on the third hit?

Regardless, Gravity Break will at least break even.

I would like to see gravity beak @ compared to spinning break, with each hitting it's full compliment of enemies and compare total damage.

Also, I'm quite interested in flinch, wipeout, launch, or blow away that gravity break might have.

math is great. And I think gravity beak is pretty cool. BUT, I think the 70% accuracy thing keeps spinning break competetive in the elusive arena of tracking "0"s

panzer_unit
Oct 1, 2007, 10:09 AM
Gravity Break will outdamage Spinning Break throughout the combo (not post-expansion, I think) with better crowd control... though for more PP. More importantly you can use just the initial attack when you want to take down single targets ridiculously fast. The move flows well too, as you execute the first move against one opponent you can break out the launch if something else wanders into reach, or finish there and fire off the initial move again.

1x2 @ 400% -> 2x1 (weak hit w/ launch) -> 3x1 (unknown strength, blow away)
vs
2x2 @ 165% (205% post-expansion) -> 2x1 (power hit) -> 3x1 (strong hit, blow away)

SolomonGrundy
Oct 1, 2007, 12:07 PM
On 2007-10-01 08:09, panzer_unit wrote:
Gravity Break will outdamage Spinning Break throughout the combo (not post-expansion, I think) with better crowd control... though for more PP. More importantly you can use just the initial attack when you want to take down single targets ridiculously fast. The move flows well too, as you execute the first move against one opponent you can break out the launch if something else wanders into reach, or finish there and fire off the initial move again.

1x2 @ 400% -> 2x1 (weak hit w/ launch) -> 3x1 (unknown strength, blow away)
vs
2x2 @ 165% (205% post-expansion) -> 2x1 (power hit) -> 3x1 (strong hit, blow away)

Again, there is a 15% accuracy shift between these two PAs. Now, I'm not in love with spinning break by any means (I did finally decide to get it), but it IS more accurate.

and I admit, I do like the reach on it.

Oh, and for the single target damage I went with spinning strike. Cheap, accurate, highly damaging...What's not to like?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-10-01 10:12 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Oct 1, 2007, 01:53 PM
15% accuracy shift? isn't it 70% vs 80%? Oh, I get it ... you're comparing actual ATA values. Comparing actual hit rates that I've seen (on my cast Ff), Gravity Break doesn't miss enough that Spinning can make up for the damage difference. Even if it blew lots of bubbles, the thing is that Spinning Break often hits just one target instead of 2 unless I'm using it on a Pola or something multi-target like that... which is a waste of 50% of my potential damage output.

SolomonGrundy
Oct 1, 2007, 02:32 PM
right now I'm leveling it in the Hive. yeah, sometimes I miss two enemies with it...but heck sometimes I'd miss with gravity break too, I assume.
While I cannot often hit two sendelains, I can hit a sendelain + delsaban, or pannon. It also takes down seed vance pretty well.

apologies, spinning break is only 10% more accurate. For some reason I have 85% stuck in my head. Though I will be using this PA on a male human ProTranser, which is already 11% less accurate than your fF cast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-10-01 12:38 ]</font>

Alisha
Oct 3, 2007, 09:29 AM
the best use for spinning break is for its vertical. it can hit things like zoonas and magas when his lower section breaks off also you failed to mention it has a third string with knockback at 21.

panzer_unit
Oct 3, 2007, 09:43 AM
It can hit Magas? I'll have to try that. The one place I know of where height makes a difference is the higher target point on Adanha's back... of the moves I've used, I think Dus Daggas and Anga Redda also hit that high.

As far as I know EVERYTHING can hit a Zoona normally, and only guns aimed up can hit them when they really fly.

Shiryuu
Oct 3, 2007, 10:32 AM
Gravity break can also hit magahna's arms with no problem. And with Just Attack, each hit hurts for 3k each (with a decent earth sword).

Anyways, Rensan Seiden Ga (hadoken twin claw) can hit high flying monsters and knock them down.