PDA

View Full Version : Just to clear up something.... And, for those with RED weapo

TeamPhalanx
Dec 30, 2002, 07:58 AM
Back in the v2 days, I met a HUcast named Phalanx. That was a funny coincidence. What happened yesterday in Antares-08 was just funny...

There was (get this) a HUmar named Phalanx. And not only was this some sort of coincidence, but, apparently, the person only made the character in what I can only assume was a feeble attempt to hurt my feelings and/or discredit me.

I rarely use the term "no life," but this situation calls for such a term. There's a person out there who's willing to spend a lot of time in lobbies to make fun of me? (LOL) Anyway, it was funny - And really strange to see another character with the same name. If anyone out there comes across the loser, please do take a pic, as it's one of those priceless moments.

To the loser, here's a pic of Phalanx. If you're gonna be a copycat, please, at least get the look right.

http://pso-world.com/images/screenshots/121002/teamphalanx.jpg

Anyway, after I a good laugh I ventured down into Ultimate Seabed (Side note: I found a MKB there are now am one of the proud, and less than 1% of players out there that owns a Legit BKB - Now I just have find a LAVIS CANNON & 2 Syncesta to become one of the less than 0.1% of players that own a Legit DOUBLE CANNON)

Now, there was a HUmar on the team, who said that the RED SWORD actually hurts Olga when it glows and turns someone into FLOWEN. I've never heard of this.

After the battle, even though the rest of us couldn't hurt it with weapons and were using zonde, he still maintained that the RED SWORD was hurting Olga Flow.

That was enough to arouse my curiosity. So, can anyone else confirm this?

Also, I wanna try to hit Olga Flow with all of the RED weapons - It'll probably do nothing, but... it can't hurt to try, you know. I have the SABER/HANDGUN/PARTISAN/SLICER, so I need players that own the DAGGER/SWORD/MECHGUN. Anyone up for it?

(Anoter side note: After the Seabed run yesterday, I was informed that HUnters can no longer use the RED MECHGUN - That really, REALLY, got to me. I am dissatisfied!)

EsperJ
Dec 30, 2002, 08:17 AM
(Anoter side note: After the Seabed run yesterday, I was informed that HUnters can no longer use the RED MECHGUN - That really, REALLY, got to me. I am dissatisfied!)

Ack! I guess I'd better make a start on C Mode then http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sedyne
Dec 30, 2002, 10:37 AM
On 2002-12-30 04:58, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Back in the v2 days, I met a HUcast named Phalanx. That was a funny coincidence. What happened yesterday in Antares-08 was just funny...

There was (get this) a HUmar named Phalanx. And not only was this some sort of coincidence, but, apparently, the person only made the character in what I can only assume was a feeble attempt to hurt my feelings and/or discredit me.

I rarely use the term "no life," but this situation calls for such a term. There's a person out there who's willing to spend a lot of time in lobbies to make fun of me? (LOL) Anyway, it was funny - And really strange to see another character with the same name. If anyone out there comes across the loser, please do take a pic, as it's one of those priceless moments.

To the loser, here's a pic of Phalanx. If you're gonna be a copycat, please, at least get the look right.

http://pso-world.com/images/screenshots/121002/teamphalanx.jpg

Anyway, after I a good laugh I ventured down into Ultimate Seabed (Side note: I found a MKB there are now am one of the proud, and less than 1% of players out there that owns a Legit BKB - Now I just have find a LAVIS CANNON & 2 Syncesta to become one of the less than 0.1% of players that own a Legit DOUBLE CANNON)

Now, there was a HUmar on the team, who said that the RED SWORD actually hurts Olga when it glows and turns someone into FLOWEN. I've never heard of this.

After the battle, even though the rest of us couldn't hurt it with weapons and were using zonde, he still maintained that the RED SWORD was hurting Olga Flow.

That was enough to arouse my curiosity. So, can anyone else confirm this?

Also, I wanna try to hit Olga Flow with all of the RED weapons - It'll probably do nothing, but... it can't hurt to try, you know. I have the SABER/HANDGUN/PARTISAN/SLICER, so I need players that own the DAGGER/SWORD/MECHGUN. Anyone up for it?

Funny story, and Im up for it.

I've got red hg and red daggers. tell me a time possibly early today be great. im me on seanx930 for aim and [email protected] for msnmessnger

TeamPhalanx
Dec 30, 2002, 12:37 PM
Okay... Got the DAGGER... Now we need a HUnter with a SWORD and a RAnger with... the... RED MECHGUN... which I can't use...

I am not happy - Not at all! Wasn't Red Ring Rico a HUnter? A HUmarl? I mean, by the RED weapons in the game, I think that's a safe assumption to make - You don't see a freakin' RED RIFLE or RED WAND in the game, now do you?!?

Okay, rant over...

Jae
Dec 30, 2002, 12:52 PM
So your theory is that Red weapons will universally damage Olga's flashing form despite the 'random weakness' thing? It'll be interesting to see how this turns out!

I can throw into the mix with a Red Sword, Red Slicer, Red Dagger and Red Handgun. Don't expect much results from me soon though... at least not until the weekend. I've got a really hectic schedule during the week.

BTW I heard that HUcasts are the only HU that can use Red Mechs. Is that true? That really bites. I was soooo looking forward to having a set.

BrokenHope
Dec 30, 2002, 01:01 PM
I don't even think HUcast can now, since on v2 red mechs were grayed out but had no X for all hunters but HUcast since he could use. Red mechs now have an X when viewed by a hunter.

Pso_Juggalo
Dec 30, 2002, 01:18 PM
im up for it and i got the red sword now... we only need a RAnger that can use the red mechgun

Vantamiath
Dec 30, 2002, 01:19 PM
I know of the FLOWENS SWORD doing extra damage--but I havent heard anything about using the RED weapons for increased damage...

Perhaps this person was just...strong?
(I know--seems way to far-fetched)

TeamPhalanx
Dec 30, 2002, 01:22 PM
Main thing I want to do is use nothing but RED weapons and hit it in the proper order as to spell out "Heathcliff."

Just for reference:

SABER "He"
SWORD "a"
DAGGER "t"
PARTISAN "h"
SLICER "cl"
HANDGUN "i"
MECHGUN "ff"

Now all we need is a RAnger with the MECHGUN.

Um... BTW, just to make sure all of you are aware, I'm referring to Ultimate mode Olga Flow.

Maelkith
Dec 30, 2002, 01:25 PM
hucasts cant use red mechguns either. i tried.

Jae
Dec 30, 2002, 01:31 PM
On 2002-12-30 10:22, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Main thing I want to do is use nothing but RED weapons and hit it in the proper order as to spell out "Heathcliff."

Just for reference:

SABER "He"
SWORD "a"
DAGGER "t"
PARTISAN "h"
SLICER "cl"
HANDGUN "i"
MECHGUN "ff"

Now all we need is a RAnger with the MECHGUN.

Um... BTW, just to make sure all of you are aware, I'm referring to Ultimate mode Olga Flow.

Hit him to spell 'Heathcliff'?? Good lord, that's a tall order! But I'm definitely up for the challenge if you still haven't solved this mystery by this weekend.

Yes, I already assumed you were talking about Ult Olga Flow. I've never faced the Ult version, but there's a first time for everything.

Blur2168
Dec 30, 2002, 01:34 PM
i have a gatling ... that kinda looks like red mechs ... maybe he won't know the difference http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Whatley
Dec 30, 2002, 02:34 PM
I have a Red Scorpio. Will that work? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Dec 30, 2002, 02:45 PM
I used my red handgun against olga flow ultimate offline. Every time except for once it wouldn't damage me when turned into flowen =>_>=;;;;;

Maelkith
Dec 30, 2002, 03:01 PM
is there any evidence about 10 star flowens swords doing damage, and does a person wearing a flowens set take damage as normal?

ReikenFeralsbane
Dec 30, 2002, 03:15 PM
red handgun sure doesnt work http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

HC82
Dec 30, 2002, 03:34 PM
Olga flow is an odd fellow. Yes he can be killed with just red weapons, but thanks to his "random attributes" what you can do to hurt him changes.

Sometimes melee won't hurt him when he changes color, sometimes it will. Sure fire bet is that melee always hurts him when he is dark blue.

His tech resists alters from barta, zonde, foie, and grants. When he turns all orange if your attacks are damaging the person who turned into flowen then your attacks are still hurting olga flow despite no damage numbers appearing. It's just that your teammate is also taking a beating. When the person who turned into flowen dies and you attack olga flow and see him flash, but no damage numbers appear olga is still being damaged.

One things I noticed is that ranged attacks which don't penetrate and move to there target(like foie, or handgun) won't always hurt olga flow when he is yellow. The things is that he might still be able to take damage from these attacks, but the foie or bullet just dosn't hit him, but if you were to cast rafoie(which eminates from the target) olga takes damage. They are both fire based techniques, but the foie just dissappears into thin air when it reachs his foot. When I get really close, then the foie connects. Very odd.

rena-ko
Dec 30, 2002, 05:58 PM
as far as i know, the red weapons work against falz, not olga. against olga the real flowen sword should be something special...

but then again, never tried this on dc, and i'm not able to try this on cube yet...

TeamPhalanx
Dec 30, 2002, 06:06 PM
HC82, the HUmar I was with was using the RED SWORD when it was glowing. The rest of us (2 HUnewearl, FOmarl) were using zonde. According to him, he was hurting Olga.

Since I wasn't paying much attention to anyone else's stats or damage, I can't confirm nor deny what happened.

Sedyne
Dec 31, 2002, 12:15 AM
On 2002-12-30 09:37, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Okay... Got the DAGGER... Now we need a HUnter with a SWORD and a RAnger with... the... RED MECHGUN... which I can't use...

I am not happy - Not at all! Wasn't Red Ring Rico a HUnter? A HUmarl? I mean, by the RED weapons in the game, I think that's a safe assumption to make - You don't see a freakin' RED RIFLE or RED WAND in the game, now do you?!?

Okay, rant over...

i have thesword too lmao i forgot. and i use it 24/7.

Cross689
Dec 31, 2002, 02:12 AM
hey while on the subject of weps why dont u guys try hitting him with the weps forged from his dna like the dark flow and so forth but probly 2 hard to get the weps

Maelkith
Dec 31, 2002, 06:48 AM
i just beat him online and while he was orange he did groan like he was being hurt. i cant recall seeing numbers but he was pretty pissed we were shooting at him. i really dont know if we were hurting him but it seemed he wasnt orange for long when we laid into him.

btw- he beat the snot out of us the first try, but with better prep we totally owned him. 40 hit vulcans and s/d are monsterous.