PDA

View Full Version : Anga Jabroga

panzer_unit
Sep 28, 2007, 08:54 AM
Level 1 stats - 155% ATP, 62% ATA, 40(32) PP

First a warning about the move's ATA to all the beast FF's out there. PT's I guess are used to this ATA on grenades, Barada Maga will come in handy.

Second... damn. This move starts WAY off of its reported max of 330% ATP, it's got to gain an average of 6% per level.

XenithFlare
Sep 28, 2007, 09:31 AM
So, to summarize...:

"Get it?"

panzer_unit
Sep 28, 2007, 09:57 AM
double, oops

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-09-28 08:09 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Sep 28, 2007, 09:58 AM
... I'm not sure if this skill rates as an GET: NOW OMFG NOW like one other new PA I'm thinking about.

On the one hand, this move potentially deals a LOT of hits (I've heard it's 5x2... I've hit 3x2 with it so far) and has excellent reach. You can wind up somewhere safe and pwn a bunch of monsters from out of nowhere. I'm a little put off that the damage modifier is nowhere near what I'd heard it was. I guess I can't complain too much, hitting 5 targets should already deal damage on par with cranking out a 2-move Anga Redda combo (same PP spend) vs 2. That's says a lot when I'm comparing a lv1 skill vs lv30.

I guess my real problems with this move are the wind-up time, and the ATA.
* You can't start this move anywhere near a monster that's capable of interrupting you because it'll have plenty of time to walk up and start hitting. There goes 40PP with nothing to show for it.
* This is an ultimate PA and normally they don't improve their ATA. If I had a beast Ff I'd wait until I heard from some other beast who's got the skill if this hits enough to be worth the time. At least Beast Protransers can potentially deal EVP debuffs if required.

SolomonGrundy
Sep 28, 2007, 11:27 AM
aaargh, you didn't level it to level 2, jsut to see if the ATA/ATP improved?

inconcienvable! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Pillan
Sep 28, 2007, 11:33 AM
The growth is as follows:

1-10: 5% ATP per level
11-20: 6% ATP per level
21-30: 7% ATP per level

So, yeah, it really does max at 330% according to the JP wiki and I'd be pretty suprised if they nerfed it on the US servers.

SolomonGrundy
Sep 28, 2007, 11:49 AM
but zero ATA growth?

panzer_unit
Sep 28, 2007, 12:34 PM
Sol: I was already late for work when I started a mission to see what the initial numbers were like, Sol. I spent too much time fapping over Gravity Break.

Ultimate PA's (generally! I've been corrected) have no ATA growth. Jabroga at 62% would be bad for accuracy compared to PA's ... but it's in exactly the same boat as a PT using grenades, and those work fine for my Cast outside of HIVE (and even Fortegunner grenades blow bubbles there) ... my concern about ATA would be just for beasts, really.

Pillan: when I saw that the first ATP increment was 5%, I figured that's what the growth would have to be in order to hit 330% at lv30. Thanks for the confirmation. Those are going to be some BIG numbers when all's said and done, probably damage per target on par with the first 2 moves of Anga Redda (and 5 targets instead of 2)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-09-28 11:09 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Sep 28, 2007, 12:51 PM
yeah, I hear you. My PT is a male, human - decent ATA, but no way can I consider this PA. Where would one use it? VS a boss maybe?

Definitely a no-go, unfortunately. Maybe as a male cast fortefighter. (so you could use higher ATA S rank axes, as well as take advantage of the PP reduction).

gg SEGA

Pillan
Sep 28, 2007, 12:55 PM
On 2007-09-28 09:49, SolomonGrundy wrote:
but zero ATA growth?

1% ATA per level on 1-20 and 3% at 21 it looks like. Maxes at 85%.

SolomonGrundy
Sep 28, 2007, 01:19 PM
what?! really?

panzer_unit
Sep 28, 2007, 01:23 PM
Well damn, ATA growth on an ultimate PA. Now I've seen everything.

In terms of use... gosh, with stats like that at max when won't you use it? It's Fortefighter's Tornado Dance. The damage modifier alone makes it almost worth twice the PP of Anga Redda and the enormous target count throws it way over 9000.

One limiting thing is that the move's very hard to get off if you're already in melee. Point in favor of the shop PA's. Personally I can see this coming in really handy against multiple Grinna or Stateria, where the advantage is you're not standing around doing a long combo within reach of their foot or sword. For regular large monsters like Drua Gohra, Koggs, Kamatoze... I can imagine some smooth timing with Jabroga making it a little easier than regular PA's. Easier to knock over a couple monsters at once from outside their attack range, rather than spending time up close performing an interruptible combo.

EDIT: just do whatever you would with a Grenade Launcher. Of course... what with being melee against bullet resistant monsters (typically), and being a PA for 1300 ATP elemental weapons in the hands of a Fortefighter, and having sick stats even among PAs, Jabroga is going to do mind-numbing damage for the same PP cost as a grenade.

EDIT 2: in other news, I decided I don't need to get Boma Duranga.

EDIT 3: between this move and Gravity Break, "QQ i'm a fortefighter" is something I don't think I'll ever hear again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-09-28 11:56 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Sep 28, 2007, 03:35 PM
I dunno. what are you uing gravity break against? bil de vears?

the axe PA will decimate bosses, I expect. Should do a bang up job on the enemies you mentioned to, if you can get the disance right.

How long is the start up time before it goes off, my count says roughly 3 seconds?

panzer_unit
Sep 28, 2007, 03:59 PM
I'll use the first move of Gravity Break on worms, ollaka / sendillians / koltova, jarbas, bils, dilzanen, tengohgs, junsagun... stuff where I'm not tremendously likely to have 2 targets to smack at the same time.

The PA goes to 2 and 3 targets (with launch and blow away) on following moves, which means it'll do ferocious damage and let me run some crowd control after the initial pwning of one specific target... it'll probably be what I've got on most of my swords most of the time for most of my character's life.

EDIT: Jabroga's fine for homing in on targets at point blank, you don't need to worry about range too much except maybe for really elite cases of long range free-aim. You just have to take pains not to get stopped on the wind-up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-09-28 14:00 ]</font>

Kion
Sep 29, 2007, 02:27 AM
i'm looking forward to testing out teawork's effect on this PA. having a friend use ice traps or charm to get enemies to quietly take the punisent wll result in massive amounts of damage and fun.

Hrith
Sep 29, 2007, 05:26 AM
At low levels, this PA misses so much, and I'm a cast FF =/

SolomonGrundy
Sep 30, 2007, 02:13 AM
On 2007-09-29 03:26, Hrith wrote:
At low levels, this PA misses so much, and I'm a cast FF =/

where are you leveling it?

Genoa
Sep 30, 2007, 02:31 AM
All I know is my GH-424 uses it hardcore, and it's hella tight =0

Hrith
Sep 30, 2007, 07:22 AM
Solomon> Unsafe Passage/Fight for Food A, with my 34% dark Crimson Line, the monsters there do 0 damage to me, so I can just spam PAs.

I have leveled all my melee PAs there to 30 (and I have them all ;o)
But maybe I'll need to find another way to level up that one =/

Shiryuu
Sep 30, 2007, 09:58 AM
There's a reason why zodiaride is available.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiryuu on 2007-09-30 07:58 ]</font>

Hrith
Sep 30, 2007, 10:11 AM
I'm talking about Lv30 monsters, you know >_>

Shiryuu
Sep 30, 2007, 10:17 AM
Yes, I know. I level there all the time. Maybe you should try Sleeping warriors, pola has almost no evasion.

panzer_unit
Sep 30, 2007, 11:23 AM
I'm leveling this PA (along with Spinning Strike and Grav Break) on Neudaiz. If you wait for an opening against a kamatoze or a spawn of gohmon, Jabroga tears 'em apart and then you can pick off stragglers with either of the single-target moves. It damages Onma and Zoal like its going out of style as well.

Shiryuu
Sep 30, 2007, 09:22 PM
On 2007-09-30 09:23, panzer_unit wrote:
It damages Onma and Zoal like its going out of style as well.

Best place to level a PA is on monsters that take half damage from it. Pola, Robots (not grinna), De Ragan, etc.

AweOfShe
Oct 1, 2007, 01:31 AM
I've been spamming it on De Ragan S's tail. Got it to 21 from that pretty fast. Now I just use it on Fakis S2 with no problems.

panzer_unit
Oct 1, 2007, 09:16 AM
On 2007-09-30 19:22, Shiryuu wrote:
Best place to level a PA is on monsters that take half damage from it. Pola, Robots (not grinna), De Ragan, etc.

I level PA's or bullet elements by going to areas where they work best, so I'm farming materials and rewards in addition to building skills.

Specifically for Jabroga it's also pretty tough to find scenarios where you can make use of the full target count easily without also having to be worried about someone interrupting you. Ageetas, Gohmon, and Kamatoze are all quite easy to get the attack out on and usually present a respectable number of targets (initially). Ollaka and Goshin aren't usually worthwhile to spend PP on.

The only better area potentially is Tunnel Recapture, since Jabroga should wipe the floor with all those 4-target Drua Gohra in the third block... I haven't gone there to see what it's like in practice however.

EDIT: and Kion's dead right about teamwork for this PA. Make friends with a gunner, particularly if they've gto Barada Chamga, and this move gets really easy to use all of a sudden.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-10-01 07:18 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Oct 1, 2007, 11:56 AM
teamwork?! what's THAT all about?

What's the radius of the PA?, can you compare it to a tech, so I can gauge it's size?

How fast does it level?

Also, I would think it would be best to synth a 50% fire armor (megaline, or gigaline) and spam it against deregan on a low rank (B or C). Take zero damage, boss has lots of HP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-10-01 09:59 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Oct 1, 2007, 01:28 PM
When you slam it on the ground I think the graphics are the same as mid-tier Gidiga. I'll go out on a limb and guess the hit range is about the same too... just a bit outside the graphical effect. You can squeeze a tight pack of monsters into it without any problems, and usually catch 2-3 critters in a loose formation if you're good about where you put it.

I'm getting better at steering the attack too, I bent it around a stateria to land behind it last night. Helps a lot with the accuracy.

mvffin
Oct 1, 2007, 01:55 PM
i think there's a tunnel recap map with drua gohra in every block.

SolomonGrundy
Oct 1, 2007, 02:22 PM
what about the mission with 4-6 kogg nads at the end?

Kion
Oct 1, 2007, 04:50 PM
On 2007-10-01 09:56, SolomonGrundy wrote:
teamwork?! what's THAT all about?

teamwork actually helps alot. charm and ice crossbow definately help the mission go faster, and it is pretty fun coordonating with others on attack patterns. last night i charmed a group of varhas for easily spammable axe PA, and froze groups of rouges so they could be smashed in the face with gravity break.

i may not be doing the damage myself, but it wouldn't be possible with out me there, so i can take some credit for the "zomg, big numberz".

TUSCAN
Oct 2, 2007, 04:54 PM
do the tunnel recapture map that starts with 4 navals. it's the one with no bridge in the first room. this is also the rare spawn map. if you get lapucha in the last block then you will get the darbelan.

Starrz
Oct 2, 2007, 10:17 PM
lol wat

I leveled mine (from 1 to 30) in PO S2. Stand in the safe spots, wind up, fly past the mobs and hit them From Behind!

It hits 5 targets 2 times each.

Here are some screenshots!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d27/Starrz87/Psu2007-10-0223-14-12-48.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d27/Starrz87/Psu2007-10-0221-51-39-29.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d27/Starrz87/Psu2007-10-0217-13-51-53.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d27/Starrz87/Psu2007-10-0220-54-53-70.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d27/Starrz87/Psu2007-10-0217-02-05-76.jpg

I can't wait until I can level it to 40. :]

PJ
Oct 2, 2007, 10:44 PM
Thanks a lot for making me not be able to wait to get 99 frags for it.

Asshole :C

Starrz
Oct 2, 2007, 11:02 PM
Just tried it on Dulk Fakis

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d27/Starrz87/Psu2007-10-0223-57-04-28.jpg

Kion
Oct 3, 2007, 02:15 AM
On 2007-10-02 21:02, Starrz wrote:
Just tried it on Dulk Fakis

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d27/Starrz87/Psu2007-10-0223-57-04-28.jpg

0_0 holy fuc...

Jaden_Korr
Oct 3, 2007, 08:21 AM
goddamn it! 38 PA frags to go ¬_¬

panzer_unit
Oct 3, 2007, 08:32 AM
It takes a while before it hits that sort of damage. I do just over half that with a lv13 PA.

Jaden_Korr
Oct 3, 2007, 09:03 AM
I figured. But me wants! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

biggabertha
Oct 3, 2007, 11:56 AM
panzer_unit, could you tell me the rough amount of time it takes to level this ability? Is it easy like Bogga Zubba or is it hard like Assault Crush? Also, do you see a lot of misses with it when attacking head on or have you always used it "from behind!" so to say?

I'm really torn as to which PA to toss out for this PA or just wait a few more months for the expansion to deal with PAs. My heart is slowly ebbing away that I deleted Boma Megiga Lv. 21 for Gravity Break because I couldn't stand losing any of my melee PAs and Boma Megiga just didn't do as well as Boma Banga did for me.

On a rather off-topic question though... This PA works very well in theory for the Tenora A rank axes and the Bil De Axe can sort of work but what about the Bico mallet? The S rank ones? They don't have much of a sharp, pointy bit but maybe that's what causes the earthquake/gidiga?

panzer_unit
Oct 3, 2007, 12:38 PM
Because it's a single-move PA I'm not going crazy trying to level it... like heading out for Pannon Genocide with a ton of axes and charges. That said, it's climbing along about as fast as Gravity Break and I've been using that as my primary means of attack. I think if you went to do nothing but Jabroga it would move along pretty handily.

You can always deal with ATA by starting the leveling in a low-rank mission.

Jaden_Korr
Oct 10, 2007, 06:35 PM
I did two runs of Pannon Genocide B earlier and got it to lvl6 without too many misses. Takes some getting used to timing and aiming it though

SolomonGrundy
Oct 10, 2007, 07:20 PM
does it reach max accuracy only at 30?

Also, when you nail a boss with it, do you end up graphics glitched and wind up 'inside' the boss taking damage?

Neith
Oct 10, 2007, 07:47 PM
On 2007-10-10 17:20, SolomonGrundy wrote:
does it reach max accuracy only at 30?

Also, when you nail a boss with it, do you end up graphics glitched and wind up 'inside' the boss taking damage?

I've used it on De Ragan S2, and never got caught inside the boss. At worst, he might walk forward after it, and hurt me a little, but I've never gone inside a boss with it, like you can with some larger enemies like Polavohras when you do certain PA's.

panzer_unit
Oct 10, 2007, 08:40 PM
Frggin Kog Nadds. They're the worst of the worst for trapping you inside.

SolomonGrundy
Oct 11, 2007, 01:28 PM
this PA would knowck them over though, I would think. I was considering picking up an Ank Bico, on the cheap, as it has tons of PP, which helps in leveling PAs.