PDA

View Full Version : Megid or Regrants

Omega_Weltall
Sep 29, 2007, 11:03 AM
Which one should I get? I've wanted Megid since it was released but i heard some great things about Regrants.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Omega_Weltall on 2007-09-29 09:26 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Sep 29, 2007, 12:44 PM
Regrant. Megid, well, sucks.

KaffeKane
Sep 29, 2007, 01:20 PM
Regrant, definitely. The HP loss from Regrant, as I've seen, is insignificant unless you're spamming it, but you could always have Resta on the same wand/rod that you use it on. It's also really nice for flinging away Go Varhas that charge towards you, and for pinning down some enemies into a corner.
Just don't use it on Bil De Vear unless you want to be an ass to Fighter types. >_>

Megid is the Killer Shot of TECHNICs, expensive, and not very practical. Nosmegid in tandem with Regrant would work much better, though. :3

Spellbinder
Sep 29, 2007, 03:50 PM
Post AoI, Megid is no longer expensive (sexy 24 PP at Lv 30), and is stronger than Ramegid~

SolomonGrundy
Sep 29, 2007, 06:03 PM
As a Fortetecher, go with megids. As a wartecher, go with regrants.

As an acrotecher...get both?

Omega_Weltall
Sep 29, 2007, 07:52 PM
my main jobs are Fortecher Guntecher and Fortgunner ( konw its usless for fortgunner http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) so... Regrant?

KaffeKane
Sep 29, 2007, 08:38 PM
You use GT as well as FT? Yeah, get Regrant. Megid on a GT is just kind of... >_>

:3

SolomonGrundy
Sep 29, 2007, 10:12 PM
there are other techs I'd use as a fT besides regrants. Also, the huge TP acts as a disagvantage for the fortetecher. Remember, you are eating a % of that damage

Genoa
Sep 29, 2007, 11:30 PM
Let's not forgot about True Darkness =0
Regrants ftw http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

KaffeKane
Sep 30, 2007, 10:39 AM
On 2007-09-29 20:12, SolomonGrundy wrote:
there are other techs I'd use as a fT besides regrants. Also, the huge TP acts as a disagvantage for the fortetecher. Remember, you are eating a % of that damage

I saw that percentage of damage, and it was like 15 HP a tick on a level 91 Newman Female Fortetecher. Laughable unless you spam it, like I said.

Sophia
Sep 30, 2007, 10:58 AM
On 2007-09-30 08:39, KaffeKane wrote:

I saw that percentage of damage, and it was like 15 HP a tick on a level 91 Newman Female Fortetecher. Laughable unless you spam it, like I said.

Oh really?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdgQoBaeK5Y

Omega_Weltall
Sep 30, 2007, 12:13 PM
ouch! 107 per tick... gah... next i may say Regrants or Megiverse...

KaffeKane
Sep 30, 2007, 12:31 PM
On 2007-09-30 08:58, Sophia wrote:

On 2007-09-30 08:39, KaffeKane wrote:

Oh really?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdgQoBaeK5Y

Okay then, it's based on how many enemies are hit all at once by the tech, it's still not horrible. Try hitting one enemy with it, and it's bound to be less damage than 107.
Wait a sec...was Cherry doing 800 something to those Sendillan? *looks at the video again*

Sophia
Sep 30, 2007, 02:19 PM
On 2007-09-30 10:31, KaffeKane wrote:
Okay then, it's based on how many enemies are hit all at once by the tech, it's still not horrible. Try hitting one enemy with it, and it's bound to be less damage than 107.
Wait a sec...was Cherry doing 800 something to those Sendillan? *looks at the video again*

Look at the end, cherry is hitting one enemy and taking ~100 damage per tick. It drains 12%(i think) of the damage you do. Hitting multiple enemies will make you take more damage, its just that the numbers show up on top of eachother, so hitting 5 enemies with that amount of damage would be 100x5 per tick.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sophia on 2007-09-30 12:27 ]</font>

XenithFlare
Sep 30, 2007, 02:43 PM
Keep in mind also that Cherry wields the Psycho Wand, and has Regrants to lv21+ after a depressing one day of the PA being released.

I really just wanted to point out that the PW boosts TP like crazy, thus more damage to you, but it also allowed me to jab at Cherry's lack of life

Xaeris
Sep 30, 2007, 02:51 PM
Actually, given how stupidly easy Regrant is to level, having it to 21 this soon doesn't say anything about one's life.

Sophia
Sep 30, 2007, 02:57 PM
Not that he would know anything about it anyway. Also Psycho Wand only adds about 80 damage compared to a howrod+10 with that tech, which is ~9 more damage drained from you. So much!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sophia on 2007-09-30 13:18 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Sep 30, 2007, 04:13 PM
80 damage is 400 TP..and lol at +10 halrods.

it feels like 12% damage to me.

I did some testing of this tech vs gizonde. Strickly speaking, this tech is less damaging that a single cast of gizonde. This test was in a 'dark; area

BUT, the rate at which it hits makes it far more damaging. IF you do not get interrupted.

Personally, I'm glad the damage modifier is NOT higher. If it was, it might prove too deadly to the user.

About this method with cherry (resta backed regrants). the only tough part of it is that, the person supporting gets no XP.

Sophia
Sep 30, 2007, 04:29 PM
On 2007-09-30 14:13, SolomonGrundy wrote:
80 damage is 400 TP..and lol at +10 halrods.

......... after taking MODIFIERS(tp mod, elemental mods, retier) into consideration the 254 tp difference between a Psycho Wand and a HOWROD+10(NOT HALAROD, or HALROD) becomes about 80 damage with that tech. Please please know what you're talking about before you say that kind of stuff x_x

imfanboy
Sep 30, 2007, 04:33 PM
I'd trust Grammy Sophia on that - you know, she IS friends with no-lifer-fo'-life Cherry who has the Pwand and the +10 Halarods to prove it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2007-09-30 14:34 ]</font>

Sophia
Sep 30, 2007, 04:38 PM
On 2007-09-30 14:33, imfanboy wrote:
I'd trust Grammy Sophia on that - you know, she IS friends with no-lifer-fo'-life Cherry who has the Pwand and the +10 Halarods to prove it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2007-09-30 14:34 ]</font>

Lol, you're the noob i've proved wrong so many times, you came here to get the thread locked? Whatever you want noob ^^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sophia on 2007-09-30 15:00 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Sep 30, 2007, 05:08 PM
On 2007-09-30 14:29, Sophia wrote:

......... after taking MODIFIERS(tp mod, elemental mods, retier) into consideration the 254 tp difference between a Psycho Wand and a HOWROD+10(NOT HALAROD, or HALROD) becomes about 80 damage with that tech. Please please know what you're talking about before you say that kind of stuff x_x

I was using the conventional wisdom of 100 ATP/TP = 20 point of damage. Settle down, missy. or should I say mister? I can never tell with you gender ambigous 'role-players'

Sophia
Sep 30, 2007, 05:22 PM
On 2007-09-30 15:08, SolomonGrundy wrote:
I was using the conventional wisdom of 100 ATP/TP = 20 point of damage. Settle down, missy. or should I say mister? I can never tell with you gender ambigous 'role-players'

5 atp/tp is 1 damage yes, but thats after the modifiers are used.

And role playing? No thanks, not into that.

But fine, i'll settle down for ya, if you behave.

imfanboy
Sep 30, 2007, 06:24 PM
I'm not even sure why he's asking the question, actually.

Megid is for killing robots, and as a penetrating line technic it's quite nice for narrow corridors - coincidentally, there are plenty of narrow corridors in areas that have light enemies. Also, the damage mod is high enough that it can do the same damage (or slightly more) to a Svaltus than Diga, and doesn't look like you're hurling flaming dung. Come AotI, the TP cost will be low enough that it won't be crippling to use it, either.

Regrants is for knocking back or paralying small-medium enemies. It's primarily a defensive Technic; you spray it to get the hordes off your back so you can cast something more damaging... well, unless you're pwning a bunch of Sendillans. It's doubly good at the job because it goes behind you as well as in front of you. Once again, when AotI comes out and Dambarta gets nerfed, this'll be even more important.

They're both quite good, but each has a radically different role. Regrants, however, does fill a hole in the Fortetecher's arsenal, so pick it up if you don't already have it.

EDIT: Grammy Sophie, I was agreeing with you. I realize it doesn't happen that often, but if you and Cherry can't take it if someone pokes at you for spending a lot of time on this game... well, maybe you should go play some Pokemon? I hear the kids are wild about it, and kids are more used to it if someone throws a tantrum about the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2007-09-30 16:26 ]</font>

Sophia
Sep 30, 2007, 06:38 PM
On 2007-09-30 16:24, imfanboy wrote:
EDIT: Grammy Sophie, I was agreeing with you. I realize it doesn't happen that often, but if you and Cherry can't take it if someone pokes at you for spending a lot of time on this game... well, maybe you should go play some Pokemon? I hear the kids are wild about it, and kids are more used to it if someone throws a tantrum about the game.

Grammy imfanboy, if you're gonna troll at least do it better than that, but i guess you really want the thread locked(and is mad at me for proving you wrong all the time) ^^

Omega_Weltall
Sep 30, 2007, 08:07 PM
reason why I'm asking is cause i don't come across 99 frags that easily ( I've been playing since launch and only lv 68 at time of this posting kinda says how much i play). Being that megid takes 99 and regrant takes 90 and not to mention limited PA space due to Fortgunner and Guntecher, its pretty much one or the other. Kinda regret getting NosZonde now...

KaffeKane
Oct 1, 2007, 09:22 AM
On 2007-09-30 18:07, Omega_Weltall wrote:
reason why I'm asking is cause i don't come across 99 frags that easily ( I've been playing since launch and only lv 68 at time of this posting kinda says how much i play). Being that megid takes 99 and regrant takes 90 and not to mention limited PA space due to Fortgunner and Guntecher, its pretty much one or the other. Kinda regret getting NosZonde now...

I know how you feel. Personal experience on an alt makes me want to spam shout "lol Noszonde!" all across Universe 2. I tried that tech before, and couldn't understand how to use it.