PDA

View Full Version : I woke up in Kuwait this morning.

Soinkus
Sep 29, 2007, 02:02 PM
Camp Buehring more precisely.

After I woke up, I put on my uniform, shaved, picked up my M-16, then went to Starbucks and had a latte.

Afterwards, it was around 9 a.m. here, around midnight in the U.S. I went to the PX.

There were alot of local vendors outside. One was selling jerzees.

He told me as I tried to walk by, "Meestah, only fifty dollah! Hook a brotha up!"

After buying a shirt which I am not even allowed to wear in Iraq, considering I will be in Baghdad tommorow... I went to go get something to eat. KFC looked good, and it was, even if I'm not entirely sure my stacker was made with chicken.

After eating what may or may not be chicken, I got a haircut for 3 dollars, and after leaving a tip that was more than the cut itself, I went back to sleep.

Dangerous55
Sep 29, 2007, 02:29 PM
How is that M-16 working for ya?

Soinkus
Sep 29, 2007, 02:34 PM
We don't even use them. Unless you're actually stationed here, you are not allowed to have live ammo unless you're at a range. We get issued M-4s when we meet our units at Prosperity. Hardly anyone uses M-16s now.... theyre garbage.

Soinkus
Sep 29, 2007, 02:39 PM
M-9s are even worse. They have fixed sights, and each one is old, shitty, and shoots different. You qualify and familiarize yourself with one, then get issued another one to take to Kuwait, then get issued another one in Baghdad.

Soinkus
Sep 29, 2007, 11:57 PM
I just found out horrible news...

Camp Prosperity in Iraq does not have a Starbucks like Buehring does...

That is so not cool.

All I'll have are the crappy french vanilla cappuccino puches in the MREs or the nasty DIFAC coffee.

I know I'll be in a wartorn country, but that is no excuse for a Starbucks not to be here; theyre everywhere else!

We're flying over in helicopters.. you've no idea how much that news sucks to me.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 30, 2007, 12:37 AM
On 2007-09-29 21:57, Soinkus wrote:
All I'll have are the crappy french vanilla cappuccino puches in the MREs or the nasty DIFAC coffee.

Instant cappuccino pouches, haven't had one of those since I visited my pop's office kitchen in S.F. when I was like 13. Played Puzzle Fighter online through the Capcom site.

And this story doesn't go anywhere. Game @ Pac Bell park was rained out. Went home.

Coffee should be the least of your worries there but best of luck finding that source of sustenance you're seeking.

Kent
Oct 1, 2007, 02:48 AM
On 2007-09-29 12:29, Dangerous55 wrote:
How is that M-16 working for ya?

I was half-expecting the reply to this to be "Jammin'."