PDA

View Full Version : Xbox360: Red Ring of Death

Out_Kast
Sep 29, 2007, 03:10 PM
So, uhh, anyone encountered this on your console yet?
I've been reading about it - apparantly, Microsoft recieve your broken, useless 360, and just send you another one, in which the same problem will just happen again...
It was this that put me off buying a 360 in the first place... x]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Out_Kast on 2007-09-29 13:10 ]</font>

NPCMook
Sep 29, 2007, 03:36 PM
What the indian lady told me was, if you do not receive your console back from the repair shop 10 days after they receive it(once you get the box you ship it off and it takes 3 days) they send you a new console.

But yes.. most xbox 360 owners have encountered this issue... for the most part some people its just something came loose and they freak out... =

for me my actual video card in the console died... tried 3 separate cables with all the same results

Midicronica
Sep 29, 2007, 06:40 PM
I'm on my third Xbox. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

ABDUR101
Sep 29, 2007, 06:42 PM
The bastards fixed my red ring of death, but my DVD-tray still jams on occassion. It r not make me vely happy. =|

Katrina
Sep 29, 2007, 07:34 PM
I've never had any problems. Although my particular 360 is about 2 days old now... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
I was definitely leary on buying one, also regarding the notorious red ring of death.

The sucker is heavy as hell, and pumps out some major hot air from the back of the console (pretty noisy). I'll be looking into a cooling unit very soon.

So far, it's been pretty impressive (playing Oblivion - GOTY edition), but the picture on my non-high def television is a slight bit blurry. (Checking my hookup of the component cables as we speak).

Rubius-sama
Sep 29, 2007, 08:24 PM
Had a 1.5 year old 360 with no problems. Sold it to a friend and got an elite version.

zentetsua
Sep 30, 2007, 01:06 AM
i've put-off getting a 360 because of the flaws in the system... >_> and the price. (4 me that's too much)

SubstanceD
Sep 30, 2007, 06:34 AM
On 2007-09-29 13:36, NPCMook wrote:
What the indian lady told me was, if you do not receive your console back from the repair shop 10 days after they receive it(once you get the box you ship it off and it takes 3 days) they send you a new console.

But yes.. most xbox 360 owners have encountered this issue... for the most part some people its just something came loose and they freak out... =

for me my actual video card in the console died... tried 3 separate cables with all the same results

I've had the Red Rings a couple of times on my 360 but unlike many other people, my problem does not seem to be permanent. All I have to do is unplug my 360 and then plug it back it. I've heard somewhere that it could happen if your cables arn't plugged in properly and thier loose and in my ( old ) set up alot of things wern't plugged in properly. I haven't had a system failure in months with my new set up and hopefully I never will.

Out_Kast
Sep 30, 2007, 10:11 AM
So I guess that it would be better to store your saves and whatnot on a removable drive, i.e. memory card, instead of on the hardware?
It'd be a bummer if your machine goes haywire with your nearly finished Halo 3 data stored on it... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Parn
Sep 30, 2007, 10:25 AM
When you ship it back for repairs, you keep the hard drive. It's easily removable.

Illumiatus
Sep 30, 2007, 12:06 PM
I've had one for around 1 year now. First one broke, brought it to Best Buy and got a new one like 5 minutes.

Out_Kast
Sep 30, 2007, 12:12 PM
On 2007-09-30 08:25, Parn wrote:
When you ship it back for repairs, you keep the hard drive. It's easily removable.

Oh, well. That's convenient x]
It's not that I want one, I'm just interested in what the people have to say about it.
God, I'm beginning to sound like a Microsoft representative http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif