PDA

View Full Version : I am thinking of getting Ep III

Ranmaru
Sep 30, 2007, 01:36 AM
I want to get it (from amazon dot com), because I am borrowing Episodes one and two. I am wondering if I should get it, if not, can you suggest another game for the gamecube that is related? Thank you in advance.

VR-Raiden
Sep 30, 2007, 01:42 PM
well, I highly recommend it but don't expect it to be anything like EP I and II gameplay wise.

DikkyRay
Sep 30, 2007, 05:00 PM
Well, depends.
I for one, LOVE episode 3. Easily my favorite GCN game of all time. Except that Online mode >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Offline mode, and online mode is techincally gone.
Its like Yu-gi-oh, but at the same time it is different. I suggest you try it first, then get it. Ep1&2 are great. But it is 90% different from ep3. the 10% thats the same is character classes, and the things on the cards i.e. Boomas, Rifles, etc.

Getintothegame
Oct 1, 2007, 02:46 AM
It really is a fun game, it was my introduction to turn based card games, and it's really more of a strategy game with a hint of luck.

Let's put it this way... I'd give anything if I could go back in time and play this game over from it's release.

Ranmaru
Oct 1, 2007, 09:33 PM
Well, its decided. I will buy it soon, then! Thank you, everybody. Also, I don't mind turn based rpg's, I hear its an awesome turn based card game!

EDIT: I bought it! I bought it on amazon dot com, plus a few other games that I wanted! Its so awesome (this was my first online purchase ever)

Thank you all for your suggestions!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ranmaru on 2007-10-04 07:54 ]</font>

Nyreal
Oct 11, 2007, 05:25 AM
This was really helpful. I think I'll go back and buy this, along with Wind waker... Might as well use my Wii for something!

Ranmaru
Oct 11, 2007, 12:18 PM
Yes, buy it! Wind waker was great, just beware, there is a filler in it too (you have to get 8 pieces of triforce) but it is fine you can find each with the maps you get from tingle. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Anyways, I already got one game, still waiting for Episode III; oh I can't wait! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

AlexCraig
Oct 12, 2007, 08:25 PM
Just got Ep3 today. Haven't played it yet, but I will.

Ranmaru
Oct 15, 2007, 07:09 PM
Awesome, I just got it today! I have, I am still getting used to it though. My first battle was ok, I guess. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

DuRaL
Oct 16, 2007, 02:25 PM
congrats to both of you! it's such a great game, you won't regret it!

(i really miss the online action... =/)

Ranmaru
Oct 17, 2007, 12:02 PM
Thank you! I hope I will get much better at it. ^_^

Volta
Oct 26, 2007, 02:04 AM
Hi Ido http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

It's too bad the Sega servers are down. I think some of the cards are online-exclusive, and then there is the whole "meat of the game is online" thing.

Teraku
Oct 26, 2007, 10:35 PM
I've heard some people have their own servers up for game play but I've yet to confirm it not that it would matter.

My online connection only let me online for a little while on the first two episodes.
I never got to play Episode 3 online, wish I had. If only they could open the servers back up. I mean come on it was a lot of money for them why not?

Though I will say one thing for all 3 episodes, they are entertaining and difficult. They make you think.
I finally made a deck to defeat the final two bosses (hunter boss first) without taking a single point of SC hp damage.

Ranmaru
Oct 27, 2007, 12:29 PM
Wow, dude. I agree, it has made me think alot too, lol. Especially what to put in a deck and then what not to use from experience, hehe.

Crono114A
Oct 28, 2007, 07:52 PM
It's best playing epIII against other human people ;3 (2vs2) were always the best.! (Still are since I do play "online". Kinda. I think epIII is my fav pso game though. D;

VPudding
Nov 13, 2007, 09:19 PM
Tust me! that game is great if you get enough cards you like!! I just have one question, what's the easyest way to get spells?

Sorakun
Nov 20, 2007, 11:47 AM
I want to get that game, too.
But if you play it on a Wii, can you go online?
I don't have a GC so I'm a bit confused because of that BBA stuff.
I've always been interested in card games, but I can't always buy new cards because I don't get much pocket money and so I ended up not playing any card games...

Anyway, there is a european version of PSO Ep. III, right?

Volta
Nov 24, 2007, 12:02 AM
Doesn't matter whether or not you play it on the Wii, since the Ep. III servers are offline anyways.

Sorakun
Nov 24, 2007, 07:33 AM
I just want to know whether you can play online, or not. I don't mind if the official servers are offline.

DuRaL
Nov 24, 2007, 05:01 PM
no, unfortunatelly gamecube games won't work online on the Wii
you can either get a Gamecube + BBA (and keyboard!) or you have to play offline =/

but the game doesn't work online very well since the official servers are offline, so you should probably play the offline mode
nobody wants strategy games with so many bugs ><

Sorakun
Nov 24, 2007, 06:26 PM
Well, that's too bad...
Is there some kind of offline multiplayer mode?
Not that i knew anyone to play with anyway... Man, this sucks!

And for GC + BBA + keyboard: As I don't have any money to waste on cards, I won't waste money or one x-mas on a new gamecube!

MikeSoAwesome
Dec 2, 2007, 11:47 PM
wow...I'm surprised people still talk about this game online, since SEGA took it off the servers to run the horrible PSU on them. I for one am waiting for PSU to totally flop so they will bring back the older episodes. and Sorakun there is an offline multiplayer mode but the fact that you can see each others cards kinda defeats the whole purpose. On a further note about cards, there really aren't too many shitty ones, you just need to know what situations to use them in. If you ever get the chance to play online you'll see what I'm talking about, note back when SEGA had this game online card costs values were different online.

Jao
Dec 9, 2007, 12:19 AM
i just wished you can system link it

AlexCraig
Dec 17, 2007, 01:17 PM
I just recently acquired a Prima guide for Ep3. REALLY helps!

Ranmaru
Dec 28, 2007, 08:55 PM
Really? Hmmm, I might just read a guide from gamefaqs for that, though. I don't know how to get better, because later on in the game I do not find it easy.

TwilightSea
Jan 12, 2008, 08:43 AM
I personally want to get EP 3 myself, just for the plot since I loved PSO's storyline.

Ranmaru
Mar 6, 2008, 07:41 PM
Yes, you should get it. Its even better when you find out one your very good friends is into episodes 1, 2, and 3! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

BigGoldRobot
Mar 12, 2008, 08:45 PM
Theres honestly not that much of a storyline with it but i still liked the card system and how they presented the cutscenes.

I bought this game when it came out and didnt get around to playing it until two months ago lol. Wish I couldve played it online.

New_Mcpot
Mar 15, 2008, 08:48 AM
Yeah i'm soo good people don't want to face me back at home. So we just do scandle 3 over and over again. I've pretty much memorized thier decks.+