PDA

View Full Version : 360 Freezes?

Guitarsmasher
Oct 1, 2007, 05:20 AM
Sometimes in the middle of playing a video game my Xbox 360 randomly freezes or displays "can't read disc" even though the disc is flawless. Does this happen to anyone else?

Garnet_Moon
Oct 1, 2007, 06:49 AM
I only get this message very rarely when I first put the disc in. I eject it then reinsert it and the error poofs. Haven't gotten a freeze during gameplay at all yet.

What game is it? That may help people if they read somewhere that certain copies of X game feeze at Y place and refuse to load past Z level. Etc.

Fyrin
Oct 1, 2007, 06:52 AM
Ya dat happens to me often when I play DiRT. I dunno why it does it tho ;/

concussionman
Oct 1, 2007, 01:15 PM
I've had Bioshock freeze on me, killing little sisters. Maybe its trying to tell me something.

Ryno
Oct 1, 2007, 03:20 PM
yes it happends.. including with PSU when going to the next area.

Guitarsmasher
Oct 1, 2007, 04:03 PM
Well try this, it may help you since it helps me....

I've noticed that my 360 freezes during gameplay only when you start up the system and the game you want to play is already in it. When i would take the disc out after starting up the system and put it back in, my 360 would never freeze. So next time you start your 360 up and the game you want to play is already in it, take 5 seconds to take the disc out and put it back in.

I know this may not make too much sense, but for some reason this really works for my system, so it may work for yours too. I just wanted to know if my 360 had a problem or if it occasionally happens.

Let me know if this helps anyone http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

P.S.- My 360 freezes on any game left in the system, unless that game is taken out and put back in. Also, none of the discs have even a smudge on them.

ABDUR101
Oct 1, 2007, 04:30 PM
Set it so your system starts to the dashboard and not loading the game automatically at startup. Aswell, system freezes are usually related to system overheating.