PDA

View Full Version : So now what?

Jaiden
Feb 27, 2001, 10:47 PM
Hmm, once you reach level 100 is there any reason to continue playing? Do rare items show up more frequently once you've reached this ultimate goal?

Maybe now I can go back to playing "Typing of the Dead," or something else... I dunno!

Lord_Ariakas
Feb 27, 2001, 10:52 PM
Once u reach level 100 its time to unload your items and make a new character. I don't think you have better chances of finding items when your level 100.

Seutekh
Feb 28, 2001, 12:04 AM
Unload items? Make a new character? Why???

Okay... so your chances don't improve just because you're level 100. But the amoutn of gameplay time you have on that character does.

You wanna collect the best stuff? Yeah... makes sense... make a new character... start off on normal mode and wait for 20 levels untiul you find your first DBs Saber. Then wait a few hundred hours on that character until you find anything good... unless you've hit 100 on that one too... oops. time to abandon this one as well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

Bah.

But seriously, I don't want to stop anyone from making a second character. I have three and I love every one of them... I respect my fellow players more just because I've had a little walk in their shoes...

If you want to trey something new, give another class/race a chance. But you'll find enough loot on your original character to keep things prett interesting on their own.

Bman
Feb 28, 2001, 12:38 AM
I've been wondering the same thing myself. Maybe I should spend some quality time with Test Drive Le Mans or cable TV. I considered playing another class, and I have a lv. 18 RAcasael in storage, but neither force nor ranger gameplay interests me very much.

I think hanging out with friends will get boring pretty quick, since my main partner in crime hit 100 last night, and everyone else we know is a few days from there also.

Cy
Feb 28, 2001, 01:19 AM
I would seem that this game will suffer from the usual cycle of adventure games...

(1) Play all the time to max out the character.
(2) Hit the max, run out of challange and try make it more "social" then advancement.
(3) MAYBE start another character to experience the game from another perspective.
(4) Loose interest, but revisit it every now and then...

Diablo/Diablo2 was like that for me. Other games like EverQuest can keep those Lvl 60 (max for that game) players coming back because of the time inventment has been 10x that of PSO, hense there is a much higher "worth" associated with the character... not to mention the social binds are much stronger because of the guild structure, or that fact that if you cancel your account, you loose the character!

On the other hand, I know someone who has 3 lvl 80+ Diablo2 characters and has played 5 hours a day since the game came out (sound familar, you PSO junkie?) I can't possibly see myself putting that kind of time in 5-6 weeks from now for PSO. The gameplay is too limited, and the "social" exchange and "team work" aspect is too limiting with only 4 players per game, not to mention only 4 environments (like Diablo2).

I've joined a PSO guild not only for the short term gain, but knowing that when we eventially trickle off, we'll get back together for PSO2. We are building a social bond that ultimately will make the game more rewarding in the long run, cause PSO by itself, is...well...ummm...boring on the 40th trip through on VHard. And to be honest, I'll get pissed if I put that kind of time in and never see the rare item im jonesin' for.

So bring on PSO2! (and play Grandia 2 or SoA until then...or better yet, get back to CounterStrike).

Lord_Ariakas
Feb 28, 2001, 01:29 AM
Once your character is in the high 80's I find that the game isn't challenging anymore. I could kick dark falz on v.hard around the block both offline and online when I was only level 80. Creating new characters keeps the game interesting, but losing your rare items that took hours to find is the bad thing. So just use a friend to transfer your best items to your new character.

Just because you spent over 100 hours on a character doesn't mean you'll die if its deleted. Playing the with the same character for hours and hours and hours just to find a stag or chainsawd is just going to make you extremely sick of the game. Try new things and you'll find your fun will last longer.