PDA

View Full Version : GC: I hate rares =^_^=

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Dec 30, 2002, 03:41 PM
I must be dull. Every time I look at all the version 3 items, I don't get excited at all =._.= I've mainly used my 80% hit vulcans for the past 50 levels =-_-=;;;; <cuts off rambling>

neko-chan
Dec 30, 2002, 04:25 PM
This is true.

I'm excited about rares the first 5 mins after finding them. After that, realizing how much they suck compared to my Charge Repeater, I simply keep them in bank untekked.

I guess the real useful "rare" stuff on Ragol are armors, shields and God units.

Munki
Dec 30, 2002, 04:38 PM
That may be true for HU and RA's, but the spell up abilities of the higher FO weps and the 'rare' high level spells are the lifeblood of most FO's...

But luckily there doesn't seem to be as many rares designed with just FOs in mind... so your wish list tends to be smaller.

dude3282
Dec 30, 2002, 07:58 PM
On 2002-12-30 12:41, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:
I've mainly used my 80% hit vulcans for the past 50 levels

Holy crap! How long did it take you to find those, and where! Good gosh.

Sapphire87
Dec 30, 2002, 08:13 PM
I wouldn't view rares as your primary weapon. They usually have crappy stats to begn with. I would view them as "trophies" that you've earned through long hours of battle. Knowing that you've earned them legitely means a lot and should be a great source of satisfaction for a job well done.

G-Assassin
Dec 30, 2002, 08:46 PM
The rare attachments you can put on your armor aren't so great either, unless you have anything in the Cure series. I have two God/Body on my Valiant Armor and I don't see a noticeable change in my defense.

TeamPhalanx
Dec 30, 2002, 08:57 PM
Well, to an extent.

I too use a Vulcan with good %, but that'll only carry you so far.

In Episode I Mines you really need someting that can hit multiple enemies, as you won't be in too many one-on-one situations. Same goes for Ruins.

While Episode II has a lot of one-on-one situations, I find that the Vulcan + 9 simply lacks the damage capabilities of a TWIN weapon, such as a DEMOLITION COMET or ASUKA.

Besides, my BLACK KING BAR has 25% hit. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Dec 30, 2002, 10:08 PM
dude3282: I forget
Sapphire87: w00t @ that :3
phalanx: Hmmm =>_>=;;;

Ropponmatsu
Dec 30, 2002, 10:26 PM
I just sell Rares, I don't really see a need in them if I have something better.

DirewolfX
Dec 30, 2002, 10:47 PM
Hmm... for my FO, I use Agni/Dagon/Indra for technique boosting capabilities. They make me MUCH more effective.

For my HUnewearl, I use Red Partisan (there is really no reason to use a weaker Partisan type... even with good +hit%... the damage just isn't there), Yamato (no non-rare versions of this), Varista (it does more damage than rayguns... so why not?), and H&S25 Justice (I suppose if I had a Vulcan with 80% hit, I'd use that too, because Mechgun damage variation is so miniscule... but since I don't, I'll use my rare).

And God units are REALLY good. But I would never use a Body unit. Stick with HP, Mind, Power, Arm and Technique.

Deus-Irae
Dec 31, 2002, 04:11 AM
lol, i pretty much feel the same way. i have a bank full of animal arm weapons and different rares that most likely wont get put to use (cept for maybe some of my low level characters for a few levels:/)

BUT! i happened to have been blessed with the Delsabre combo, and i cant stop using it!!!

its really been like 50 levels now (im lvl 114 now). a few newer weapons come kinda close to the damage the Delsabre can do, but nothing can match the Evasion i get with it. its really hepled out in ULT, but id sure like to equipp something else every once in a while.

besides that ive been sticking with raygun/custom gun for my distance attacks.

**id sure like to get my hands on those Sinow arms that have the camoflage tho!!!!

Sedric
Dec 31, 2002, 05:07 AM
Ya all hate rares? Then you can give em to me cause I like em. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

J/K.