PDA

View Full Version : Soul Banish Vs Soul Eater,the same thing or something else?

D-type_Ranger
Oct 1, 2007, 07:39 PM
Ok,someone please explain to me,what the SOUL BANISH does,I heard it does the same thing as the SOUL EATER minus the Hp drain while moving in the field(and the instant kill if it drains the last hp of your bar).Can someone please confirm or correct it?

ARIGATO for your time and forceful typing.

Kevino
Oct 1, 2007, 08:31 PM
Well I'm not sure but you could check the databases and if that does not help then there is always a forum search.

But in my oppinion they are both the same by that I of course mean useless but looks good.

Dhylec
Oct 1, 2007, 08:34 PM
Let's look at the DB & see..
http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=68&sortby=name
Soul Eater
ATP: + 180-185
ATA: + 40
Max Grinder: 9
Special: You slowly lose HP, Berserk
Class: Partisan
Required ATP: 165
Stars: 9
Usable by the following classes
Force: FOnewearl FOmarl FOnewm FOmar
Hunter: HUmar HUcaseal HUcast HUnewearl
Ranger: RAcast RAmar RAcaseal RAmarl

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=72&sortby=name
Soul Banish
Special attack uses 7% HP to fire a Level 7 Megid.
ATP: + 350-370
ATA: + 45
Max Grinder: 9
Special: Slowly Drains HP. Megid
Class: Partisan
Required ATP: 850
Stars: 10
Usable by the following classes
Force: FOmar FOmarl
Hunter: HUmar HUcaseal HUnewearl HUcast

Banish has better stats & a megid special, but used by fewer classes/types. Not to mention (much) harder to find.

D-type_Ranger
Oct 1, 2007, 08:43 PM
yeah the drop ratio is no surpise,I printed a drop chart for when I have no internet or I am staying in a PC&internet-less house XD.On the downside to SOUL BANISH that can't be used by too many character-types,it does offer more versatility,IT'S A GOT WIRE-LESS MEGID SHOOTER!! XD

Jaspaller
Oct 2, 2007, 10:52 AM
A crappy megid shooter lol

You would be better off finding a better Partisan type weapon like the Imperial Pick if you're serious about getting a new partisan.

Tweengo
Oct 3, 2007, 01:00 PM
I have both Soul Banish and Imperial Pick and I say they're good in their own special way. Soul Banish so I can kill myself silly casting Megid http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif , and Imperial Pick for the uber coolness of its looks. As for the drop rates, I was lucky as I found Soul Banish after 5-6 runs of Ult CCA from a Sinow Spigell, and I got the Imperial Pick on my first Ult Forest run with my Bluefull on the very last Gulgus Gue of the run I was on http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I prefer Soul Banish though as it's good for crowd control, but the Imperial Pick would've been better if it had Hit%.

X9-305
Oct 8, 2007, 11:43 PM
well soul eater has a lower ATP requirement and can be used by all class but Soul Banish does have higher ATP but it also has a much Higher ATP requirement too. but can't be used by all so in a way their both pretty good but I'd go for the Soul Eater because the HP i spend will cause damage Megid has a trendy to miss a lot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: X9-305 on 2007-10-08 21:44 ]</font>

D-type_Ranger
Oct 9, 2007, 09:03 PM
Not unless it's in ep.2,Megid works wonders there,like 1-hit kill weapons such as the S-BEAT BLADES or SILENCE CLAW.A megid in the hands of a Fonewearl will rock people's worlds since it goes through like the one in PSU.

zyqx
Nov 3, 2007, 02:13 PM
seriously, I think that the banish is much better. megid is always better than berserk. anyway, soul eater has half the ATP gain of the banisher

AlexCraig
Nov 3, 2007, 03:56 PM
This thread is close to a month old. Please do not bump old threads.

Dhylec
Nov 3, 2007, 07:02 PM
On 2007-11-03 13:56, AlexCraig wrote:
This thread is close to a month old. Please do not bump old threads.

It's OK to bump month-old topics. This is to accommodate the flow in this forum.

Zorafim
Nov 4, 2007, 07:59 PM
Assuming you're a hunter type with a God/Battle and reasonable accuracy, is there a reason to use partisans at all? It seems that swords have much better attack power, and a more useful animation (again, assuming God/Battle). I loved the way partisans looked, but I never used them as a HUnewearl once I got access to good swords. Even a relatively common Chain Sawd or Red Sword seems more useful than the best partisans in the database.

GuardianKnux
Nov 17, 2007, 08:14 PM
i miss the old skool soul banish... it had berserk as a special that was the best thing to ever happen to a rare weapon. i figured thats the only reason Humar has resta was to kill things in one hit and heal the hp he used to do it haha yea i miss the old days.....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GuardianKnux on 2007-11-17 17:15 ]</font>

ashaz
Nov 24, 2007, 09:49 AM
To be honest, if you need a good weapon for a FOmar through hard mode, i found the soul eater pretty useful, until i was able to equip an elysion and then a brave knuckle

Jaspaller
Nov 27, 2007, 11:58 AM
S-rank Scythe with Berserk or that TP wasting special. Perfect replacement (it doesn't have that cool ball of darkness following the scythe though).

granis1233
Nov 27, 2007, 01:19 PM
SOUL BANISH IS JUST OVER ALL BETTER IN THE LONG RUN