PDA

View Full Version : This probably isn't legal to talk about...

Bliven
Oct 1, 2007, 08:25 PM
But my friend cannot get access to his gamertag (XBOX 360). He bought his xbox from a friend and changed the name on the gamertag, however, he never got the person's password.... Now his xbox got the red ring of death. Is there any possible way he can get his password or even just his stuff off of his character? (and yes, a hack would be acceptable if it's the only way >_< )
I doubt it, but I figured I might as well ask

McLaughlin
Oct 1, 2007, 08:30 PM
...What? He's been using someone else's Gamertag? If he changed the Billing Address, he has the password.

Thinking on this, I don't even understand your question.

Bliven
Oct 1, 2007, 08:32 PM
He bought the xbox from someone, and he just continued using their gamertag cause they didn't have an xbox anymore and had just bought 12 months of live...

Bliven
Oct 1, 2007, 08:34 PM
You know, the gamertag is saved on the xbox so you don't have to put in the password?

Wallin
Oct 1, 2007, 08:37 PM
And I'm guessing he can't ask the friend for their password for whatever reason?

I'm not a big 360 guy, so I don't know any software methods, but maybe check for an X-Box live help line or something and see if that works.

Bliven
Oct 1, 2007, 08:41 PM
He's in the Navy, and his friend got kicked out of the navy >.<

Talbot
Oct 1, 2007, 09:45 PM
Yeah the password should be saved in the HDD. Although I have mine set to login automatically so maybe thats why I dont have to enter it.

But I would think that it would save.

McLaughlin
Oct 1, 2007, 10:25 PM
If he isn't willing to change the Billing info, he's up shit's creek either way. That is, assuming he can get at the Billing info without the password.

Also, even if it signs you in automatically, you need to know the password to change it. So he's fucked if he can't ask anyone for it.

Using someone else's Gamertag was a pretty stupid idea in the first place.

buzyb77
Oct 1, 2007, 10:34 PM
The password that your Talking about is 1 of Several things...1 Credit Card or 2. The password the guy made up to sign with his Live ID.... and odds are no one around here knows or cares to share how to do it.

I suggest just calling/ emailing formor owner and asking... or 86 it all and Starting over..

Bliven
Oct 1, 2007, 10:34 PM
Talbot, when he had the xbox he's fine. The problem is, he got the red ring of death and they sent him a new xbox. So the password is gone. And actually, xbox live isn't very secure. If someone steals your xbox, they can get on your gamertag because it will automatically sign in even if you don't have the password saved.

McLaughlin
Oct 1, 2007, 10:37 PM
On 2007-10-01 20:34, Bliven wrote:
Talbot, when he had the xbox he's fine. The problem is, he got the red ring of death and they sent him a new xbox. So the password is gone. And actually, xbox live isn't very secure. If someone steals your xbox, they can get on your gamertag because it will automatically sign in even if you don't have the password saved.

Generally someone has the presence of mind to delete important information (like Billing Info, even though the card number is censored, and you need the card number to access the rest of the information) to keep people from doing what your friend did (and fucked himself over).

Ronin1of47
Oct 1, 2007, 10:47 PM
wouldn't just changing the hard drive to a different working 360 allow you access to the Gamer Tag, cause all the info is stored on the HDD. im not 100% sure on this but might be worth a shot

Bliven
Oct 2, 2007, 12:19 AM
On 2007-10-01 20:47, Ronin1of47 wrote:
wouldn't just changing the hard drive to a different working 360 allow you access to the Gamer Tag, cause all the info is stored on the HDD. im not 100% sure on this but might be worth a shot

QFF (quoted for fix)

D1ABOLIK
Oct 2, 2007, 01:25 AM
On 2007-10-01 22:19, Bliven wrote:

On 2007-10-01 20:47, Ronin1of47 wrote:

QFF (quoted for fix)

Yes,and when you get the red ring of death and you send your box in,you are suppose to keep your hard drive.If he sent the drive in with the xbox for repair that was his second mistake.

________
Ford Europe (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Europe)

DarkEliteRico
Oct 2, 2007, 01:29 AM
I could get the console reset codes for you, but the console has to be registered. If it's already sent in for repair then there's not much i can do. Best thing to do is to get the info edited and make current if possible, call up xbox tech support and specify you want a billing agent to remove the credit card from the account so you can add a good one or one linked to your friend.

Turbobrain
Oct 2, 2007, 03:46 AM
I am not a big 360 fan(or console fan period) but it just so happens I know how to do this 'sort of thing' from trying to mod an XBox to use a larger HD.

Your 360 HD is SATA... more than likely just the same as the one you got in your PC, only problem is, those a$$holes at M$ decided to make their own 'connector' thereby forcing you to use their own brand(1 more reason to dislike them). So what to do.... well... you can actually buy connectors that alow these drives to be connected to a PC(originally the idea was to connect a generic HD to a 360... but we failed, grandly:)). This cable can be easily made or cheaply bought.

Second, there are a LOAD of utils for mannipulating 360 drives on the net and sure as heck you can put some'dodgy' stuff on there so I'm pretty sure that getting your login details will be a piece of piss. As I rememeber they are saved on there though I'm not sure where... AFAIK not even encrypted.... it was a pretty interesting exercise(if fruitless... we never could get a generic drive to work...). In any case just google it.

Third. I dont know about XBox live US but the European guys are morons of the highest order. I speak from personal experience. LOL on the PSO days they did not charge me for 4 months(no that did not include the trial period) then when I called up they were like what? PSO? is that a console problem? you need to go back to your supplier(I think they ment PSUnit) but one of many funny times I had with them. My firend got charged again for a cancelled subscription on his friends card who knew nothing of consoles... by the time they were through they wrote of the £40... they WOULD NOT SPEAK TO ANYONE BUT THE CARDHOLDER! For that reason and the afoorementioned fact that they are pedantic, inflexable, ignorant idiots I would not even bother going to them for help. They may even suspend your account.

Hope that has helped. I know it's possible and the 'normal SATA to 360 SATA' cables are widely available as are utils to manipulate the drives... just google it. I hope you can work it out, though if you are serious about this game you may consider getting your own account(what happens when your friends account expires? or come to think of it, isn't your friend being charged for PSU on his card?).

Bliven
Oct 2, 2007, 09:02 AM
My friend is using his credit card to pay for PSU, so the billing information has been changed. Actually, when I think about it, they were both in the Navy and would have the exact same billing info (except name). The problem is he doesn't know the password to his friend's windows live account so he cannot retrieve the gamertag on any other console. Putting the hard drive into his new xbox did get him online though.