PDA

View Full Version : Q-ko Chan

Garnet_Moon
Oct 2, 2007, 04:40 PM
So I tried to cast Raise IV on the old topic, but it's too old to be posted in.

I just bought this at Barnes and Noble earlier today.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/cottontail777/q-ko_001.jpg

You speak so highly of it(Ronin) that I just had to pick it up when I got it. If it sucks, you owe me $17 to cover the cost.

They had volume 2 also, but not any hard bound. The paper back of volume 1 was torn so I decided against that one. As for vol2, well, if vol1 is awesome then i'll get v2 next week.

On a more on-topic note for the bigger majority, do you still buy paper/hard bound books? Do you just download them online? Do you not read anything that doesn't have a handsome man taking up 90% of the page?

DikkyRay
Oct 2, 2007, 06:11 PM
I rarely buy books lol. Really im not picky. If something has any relevance to WWII though, i buy it in an instant.

I dont wanna be the nerdy guy taht buys manga/anime in a store. internet plz

Garnet_Moon
Oct 2, 2007, 07:28 PM
On 2007-10-02 16:11, DikkyRay wrote:
I dont wanna be the nerdy guy taht buys manga/anime in a store. internet plz

Well, I also bought the most adorable newborn kitten calendar so I didn't look too much like a nerd buying the manga. lol~

As for WWII? I like it, if only because it spawns so many great video games...

CupOfCoffee
Oct 2, 2007, 07:44 PM
I buy books all the time. Getting around to actually finishing books is another story, but yeah, I'm a big fan of Barnes & Noble and the like. Good places, especially when they spruce the atmosphere up with CDs and/or coffee!

Weeaboolits
Oct 2, 2007, 07:51 PM
HEL YEH
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/Anime/Q-Ko-Chan/132190722.jpg
Q-Ko-Chan is awesome, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Also, if you don't like it, I might take you up on that offer, I actually would like to have the hardcover edition. :3

Anyway, I like to buy books, I just can't read them off the monitor usually, I'll get bored and come here or something. >_>; I would buy more, but I lack fundage and also, the bookstore is too far. ._.

VanHalen
Oct 2, 2007, 08:27 PM
I buy manga at the store. I haven't really lately since I haven't found any that really jumped out at me like GTO.

Which I'm still looking for the next volume I need. They always have 5 volumes ahead.

Blitzkommando
Oct 2, 2007, 08:36 PM
Manga are some of the few types of books I don't fall asleep reading. "GIGANTIC WALL OF TEXT" books make me fall asleep no matter how interesting the content. So, yeah, I'll buy manga in stores.

AlexCraig
Oct 2, 2007, 08:38 PM
I buy Manga, but only certain series. I also buy How To Draw Manga books on occasion.

EDIT: I also bought Q-Ko not long ago. Haven't read too much of it yet, but it does have a FLCL feel about it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlexCraig on 2007-10-02 18:40 ]</font>

DavidNel
Oct 2, 2007, 08:40 PM
I'm afraid to even go into the manga section of the book stores near where I live. Down here in the South, them "damn Japanese lovin' hippies" aren't looked upon to highly...