PDA

View Full Version : fyi Spinning strike (skill PA for 50 frags) increases in acc

SolomonGrundy
Oct 4, 2007, 12:15 PM
starts at 75%...mine is now at 79%. Does gravity break increase too?

HFlowen
Oct 4, 2007, 01:35 PM
Spinning strike caps at 300% atp and 104% ata.

Gravity break caps at 400% atp and 70% ata.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-10-04 11:38 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Oct 4, 2007, 01:38 PM
On 2007-10-04 11:35, HFlowen wrote:
Spinning strike caps at 300% atp and 104% ata.

Gravity break caps at 400% atp and 70% ata.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-10-04 11:38 ]</font>

gee, guess which I'd rather have? spinning strike also cost a mere 16 pp!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-10-04 11:43 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Oct 4, 2007, 01:53 PM
On 2007-10-04 11:38, SolomonGrundy wrote:

... so you got both moves and compared for yourself, or is this just reinforcement for your biases?

I've got both and Spinning Strike is really good but I'd be very surprised to hear anyone who has both actually say it's the better of the two.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-10-04 12:14 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Oct 4, 2007, 02:10 PM
On 2007-10-04 11:53, panzer_unit wrote:

On 2007-10-04 11:38, SolomonGrundy wrote:

... so you got both moves and compared for yourself, or is this just reinforcement for your biases?

I've got both and Spinning Strike is really good but I'd be very surprised to hear anyone who has both actually say that Spinning Strike is the better of the two.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-10-04 12:04 ]</font>

I do not have the PA frags to waste on PAs I don't know if I am going to like. Wehn you say 'better' do you mean more damaging?

Spinning strike is cheaper and more accurate. For a human PT I find it difficult to ask more more http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

HFlowen
Oct 4, 2007, 02:52 PM
I have both capped. I prefer spinning strike in most situations. With a powerful one on one attack you really, really do not want to see a zero anywhere in the combo. Add to the fact it's much cheaper, faster and keeps the target pinned. My only gripe is the little flip you do before starting the attack, you're vulnerable then.

Gravity has the advantage is being stronger and hitting two targets with the second and third combo. I only use it on something like a carriguine/polvahara. Even then, i get like 3 full combos (if I get a chance to finish a combo uninterrupted) before recharging.

Maybe gravity break was over hyped, but compared to things like Majarra and Spinning strike, it's usefulness seems limited.

Just my opinion though.

Results may vary, ect.

panzer_unit
Oct 4, 2007, 03:29 PM
I mean more damaging yes, more than enough to be worth the 50% difference in PP costs if you're hitting reasonably well. The PA modifier alone comes close, when you multiply out by element mod & additional ATP on the weapon itself... done deal.

Just as importantly, Gravity Break is one of the best-handling PA's I've used... there aren't many on the same level. It starts and goes along pretty fast, doesn't force any acrobatics on you, and has great reach. I found myself doing all sorts of precision stuff like tagging worms during their knockdown attack from outside their reach. The combo attacks are quick multi-target crowd control with great reach and arc. There are few PA's that do direction changes, re-targeting, etc as easily.

Spinning Strike I find mostly useful because it's good single-target damage and I get to spam handgun at the same time. As a move on its own, I guess the ATA makes it a great choice for going toe-to-toe with a high EVP enemy... wipeout on the first move means I've only got to scratch up 15pp to trip a mob and buy myself a little time to reposition, or more likely get a freeze/shock SE going.

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 4, 2007, 04:04 PM
Spinning Strike is my Gaozoran Killer, with my 50% light bucc, it's wonderful killing them so fast, and at the same time keeping them from attacking! At the same time, when I blow them away with the 4th hit, I can switch to my mechgun and fire that as I get back over to them to start the combo again. OH GLORIOUS! lol

THE JACKEL

SolomonGrundy
Oct 4, 2007, 04:08 PM
On 2007-10-04 14:04, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
Spinning Strike is my Gaozoran Killer, with my 50% light bucc, it's wonderful killing them so fast, and at the same time keeping them from attacking! At the same time, when I blow them away with the 4th hit, I can switch to my mechgun and fire that as I get back over to them to start the combo again. OH GLORIOUS! lol

THE JACKEL

dude...with a 50% light saberbuccaneer, you could use regular attacks and own gaozorans. ::eyeroll::

biggabertha
Oct 4, 2007, 04:12 PM
I'm a sword nut. I LOVE Gravity Break and since I use both Creaswords and Crea sabers (of all three companies for sword, just Creasabra for saber), it makes Gravity Break so good. Also....

Spinning Strike seems all flash and somersaults and that dropkick looks really bleh... I'm not disputing the power behind it but ugh... I can't really see it being that great if used in a real life situation. Gravity Break on the other hand is a no-nonsense attack that LOOKS like it will hurt. A lot. It just deals the damage without all this spinny business and flashy business straight and simply.

(It's the same story with Gravity Strike and Rising Strike, I prefer Rising Strike just because there's very little nonsense to it rather than all kinds of flips, spins and acrobatics when you compare them to the other PAs.)

Still though, good news on the Saber PA being so good stat-wise. I'll look into getting a hold of this at some popint in the future but for the time being, Rising Strike seems a lot faster, more party friendly and a lot simpler to use.

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 4, 2007, 04:27 PM
On 2007-10-04 14:08, SolomonGrundy wrote:

On 2007-10-04 14:04, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

THE JACKEL

dude...with a 50% light saberbuccaneer, you could use regular attacks and own gaozorans. ::eyeroll::

not really because one Foie from them will do 1.5k damage to you, so you need to keep them down and out so they can't do that.

THE JACKEL

Shiryuu
Oct 4, 2007, 06:33 PM
I like Rising Strike (AoI version) better. Hits more even if its only at 210-220% and faster. Spinning isn't really worth the frags unless you need high base power (classes that only have lvl10 skill etc).

SolomonGrundy
Oct 4, 2007, 10:39 PM
On 2007-10-04 16:33, Shiryuu wrote:
I like Rising Strike (AoI version) better. Hits more even if its only at 210-220% and faster. Spinning isn't really worth the frags unless you need high base power (classes that only have lvl10 skill etc).

or if you are fighting enemies with only 1 hit area? Don't get me wrong, I think rising strike is great - especially i you don't have access to rising crush, but there are plenty of enemies that you are best reved going 1 on 1

Hrith
Oct 6, 2007, 06:24 AM
Yeah, for monsters with only one weak spot like Gaozorans, Dilnazen, Bil de Vear, etc. Spinning Strike is awesome.

LTrav2k
Oct 6, 2007, 05:11 PM
I'm a huge fan of spinning strike, especially as a wartecher because we need all the accuracy that we can get. The wipeout from the first part of the attack is wonderful, especially if the target's already been stunned or launched (so they wake up into the wipeout). The second part has the manliest slash I've ever seen.

Ok, enough with the descriptions... outside of dus majarra... its damage is outstanding for a single target.