PDA

View Full Version : Gunner advice

Sane
Oct 5, 2007, 06:43 AM
After playing a techer for ages I've finally decided to make a new character and I'm going for a fortegunner. Could someone advise me on which weapons and bullet PA's I should focus in the begining? There's so much choice I'm not sure what to start out with. Thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sane on 2007-10-05 05:02 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Oct 5, 2007, 08:02 AM
Burning Shot is important for rifle. Get a full rainbow for one of shotgun, mechgun, or crossbow... in really general terms they're all for the same purpose. When you're actually a fG, get going on grenades and lasers skill as well.

For ultimate PA's, Killer Shot is probably the most important. Boma Duranga should fill a pretty important role, but I haven't put it into practice yet. Phantasm Prism is the only laser bullet you need to worry about until AOI. There's a full set of debuffs available between Shotgun, Crossbow, and Twin Handgun.

Sane
Oct 5, 2007, 09:59 AM
Alright thanks, what about twin handgun, am I right in assuming it's an important allround weapon or will it become obsolete later?

panzer_unit
Oct 5, 2007, 10:08 AM
... specific firearms preferences are a can of whoop-ass I don't want to open on myself. I only suggested a small set of PA's, there's lots of room left over so feel free to play around.

If you're thinking about AOI already, I'd suggest Dus Majarra for Spear and a good set of Saber / Dagger PA.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-10-05 08:11 ]</font>

Soulvayne
Oct 5, 2007, 10:58 AM
As far as specific rifles/armor for the time being I would make it a goal to obtain some 9* Phantoms and the Phantomline armor as that combination is just great. I personally have only used Rifles, Twin Handguns, Launchers, and some crossbow on occassions. I spent the first 55 levels or so I played as a Hunter/Fortefighter and have just been a Fortegunner for the last 25 levels so I'm in the same boat as you in regards to needing to level PA's.

I Personally went with all elements for my rifle pa's just because I like rifles range and SE4; is always nice to have especially with the supposed STA changes coming up. As others have said get killer shot that PA is just nice to have especially for crusing through Robot enemies. Just be warned rifles seem to take forever to level up to 21+ and when AoI comes out it'll be a matter of going up to 31+ as a gunner.

amtalx
Oct 5, 2007, 01:06 PM
On 2007-10-05 07:59, Sane wrote:
Alright thanks, what about twin handgun, am I right in assuming it's an important allround weapon or will it become obsolete later?

You are right in assuming that Twin Handguns provide adequate damage in just about every situation. However, there is usually a better choice, but it often requires you to put yourself in a more dangerous position. But honestly...36 PAs is a lot if you are focusing on a single class. You should be able to get away with tossing in some Twin Handguns PAs without runnning out of space. Even if you, do AoI fixes that problem.

MSAksion
Oct 5, 2007, 01:25 PM
Definitely get TWIN MAYLEE at least for your dualies.

Get some High grinded Yohmei twins and get these to 21 pronto. Guns do "less than" most other jobs in an equal amount of attacks so reducing enemy defense by status 3 at lvl 21+ is a huge help to yourself and others - and you can do it while on the move from relative safety.

And it does a good amount of damage too despite its high PP cost. But as a Fortegunner PP use is reduced so that's no problem. And you only need to hit like 1~3 times before the Zalure goes into effect. Team Techers dont have time to "debuff" according to Mr. Panzer X_X

Rifles - status 4 is needed for Virus definitely - can't land status 3 virus on large mobs. Silence and Confuse are also great as they can eliminate TECH threats from enemy techers - gaozorans and olgohmons especially.

Shotguns - get 2 or 3 immediately - you dont need to wait for shotguns the way you need to wait for crossbows. Crossbows are awesome though. You can get these to 21 long before you can weild the almighty Xbow.

crossbow - status 3 means you want BURN, FREEZE, and SILENCE - status 3 can affect those annoying olgohmon on neudaiz and do great damage to those fast moving vahra.

Your shotguns will cover SHOCK, CONFUSE, and VIRUS - the 3 easiest to land with status 2 shotgun.

i totally suggest getting SHOCK Shotgun because even status 2 can lock down an entire squad of badira or koltova. Others i'd get would be Confuse because it can also lock down a squad and is not reduced by anything unless you're on neudaiz.

My suggestions;

Ultimate - Dualies - Twin Maylee
Ultimate - Grenade - insta freeze
Ultimate - Rifle - Killer shot
Status 4 - Rifle = Virus and Burn and Silence
Status 3 - Crossbow = Burn, Freeze, Silence
Status 3 - Grenade - Earth, Light, Burn
Status 2 - Shotgun - Shock, Confuse, Virus
Status 2 - Dualies - anything of your choice - a utility like ICE is always useful.
Status 1 - M-gun - Confuse or SHOCK - i use it to stop tiny enemies only.
Status 1 - Laser - Ice or Earth - lots of enemies in a line ready to be hit all at once.

Theoderic
Oct 5, 2007, 03:18 PM
Good luck, I just figured out my perfect palette based on how I play (trust me, perfect doesn't exist with so many options) and I just hit level 90 last night. Check here for my little story: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=155345&forum=22&start=30&33

I won't get into what PAs to have, nor will I say which ones I have, but DoT is nice, as is Shock and Confusion. Silence might get more play with things that buff/heal. Frag PAs you should try out yourself.

Sane
Oct 6, 2007, 03:59 AM
Alright, thanks for all the help people, much appreciated!