PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate questions

G-Assassin
Dec 30, 2002, 09:23 PM
1. What level do you recommend for going into Ultimate?
2. How often will I see monsters like Pal Rappy, Hildetorr, etc.?

GandorDurin
Dec 30, 2002, 09:35 PM
On 2002-12-30 18:23, G-Assassin wrote:
1. What level do you recommend for going into Ultimate?
2. How often will I see monsters like Pal Rappy, Hildetorr, etc.?

1. I assume you're referring to "Jono-HUmar-Lv72-Redria-King of the n00bs"?

Well, I started Ultimate in the low 50's, but it was very difficult for me. I had a Yamato +60 with 40% Native and 20% Dark, so I figured it was time to move on. Boy, my accuracy was certainly a bit too low for that! I never went back to Very Hard other than to search for rares, though...

It really depends on what kind of challenge you want. You're already level 72, so depending on your equipment it could already be pretty easy. At least in the forest...I remember at around level 80 or so the forest became a snap. Once you're able to beat the dragon without being hit, there's really no threat other than Hildelts, but with J/Z they're not all that bad.

Basically the answer is: If you can beat Very Hard mode, then just give Ultimate a shot. If you're worried about money (supposing you're maxed out in the bank and have tons on you still) then bring along a scape doll or two. Ultimate is definately way more fun than any other mode...You just have to get used to the changes (which are mostly eye candy but still enjoyable) and the obvious increase in monster strength.

2. It's all luck. You may find a Pal Rappy on your first run, or you may never seen one ever. Same with Hildetor. However, if you do the Fake in Yellow quest and either do runs of that or the TP trick in the room with 8, your chances of finding one go way up. I've seen about 40 of them total. I've only seen 2 Hildetors but that's because I only did the TP trick twice. I chose Letter from Lionel because of the room with 3 at once that all jump in, so there's no danger of being stepped on or anything. Just be warned that Hildetors shoot Megid and are quite nasty, especially with its Hildelt buddies paralyzing you every 5 seconds! Although I found a cheap way to kill them all...If you lure them one at a time and use just any 'ol handgun (supposing you have enough ATP) and keep hitting them with weak hits, they flinch every first and third hit of the combo, making them almost a joke.

Well I've gone a little too into depth with this, just like everything else I talk about!

Cheers.

G-Assassin
Dec 30, 2002, 09:50 PM
Ah, thanks a bunch Gandor. Here's another question... you probably knew this was coming, but what changes occur when you fight the bosses this time around?

TeamPhalanx
Dec 30, 2002, 09:56 PM
Forest - Dragon is uber-fast and, well... ice too.
Caves - Attacks are faster; remember the laser and tentacle attacks? Now it does them almost back-to-back.
Mines - Pretty much the same, except more powerful and random attacks.
Ruins - Pretty much the same, except more powerful and slightly altered attacks.
Temple - You now get paralyzed instead of confused, but otherwise the same.
Spaceship - You now get to fight 3 dragons, instead of the 2 in V-Hard.
Central Control Area - Same as in V-Hard, except (at least online) you can get hit multiple times in a row. Meaning that you can get hit by the tornado attack like 5 times in half a second or get run over by the Gryphon and get hit 3 times in half a second.
Seabed - Same as in V-Hard, except... well, you know, the combo attacks are back.

G-Assassin
Dec 30, 2002, 10:02 PM
Yikes... I'm gonna need some help with all that... I just wish my PSO buddy would hurry with his character, he only just beat dark falz on normal. *sigh* Guess I could grab some rares while I wait.

GandorDurin
Dec 30, 2002, 10:06 PM
Well, I've fought every boss in Ultimate Episode 1 except Falz. (Ruins is still a little bit hard for me, and I'm level 123 feh.)

The Dragon is the biggest change in my opinion...You'll know right away that things are going to be different since the big warp doesn't even say "Under the Dome" anymore, it just says "????"

You may not notice it the first time you fight the Sil Dragon (Which is its new name, by the way) but if you get the right camera angle, you can see the Northern Lights. Pretty neat, imo.

Anyway, the Dragon is an Ice Dragon this time around. It moves a LOT faster, so try not to get run over...Every attack, including being stepped on or having the dragon fall on you, can and always does freeze you. (So basically, if you're too low level to survive two hits, you better be able to break free of that ice quick or you're toast.)

It still has the breath attack, if you don't knock it down fast enough it will fly in the air and spin around like crazy shooting ice balls everywhere. (I think this is similar to a boss in Episode 2, I can't remember which one.)

Oh, it isn't just a different color, it looks pretty different. I think it's called "Sil Dragon" because...Well if you look at it long enough, it looks Silly. (Worry about looking at it after it's dead!)

Oh yea, one more thing...The underground attack is the same except for the 3rd time around...Instead of just being a really fast charge, it spins around the entire place in a 'down the drain' affect. Just put your map on and you'll be fine.

Phew this is a long post...

The Cave's boss...Looks almost identical except for two changes...Color and the skull cap. The skull cap barely covers it now but still must be broken off. All of its attacks are exactly the same, just faster...Well except the spiny bombs, I believe they're just stronger. It's beam attack is pretty funny looking at such a high speed...

Other than that there isn't much difference...Well it likes to diagonal jump a whole lot more often.

Vol Opt ver. 2 is pretty neat looking. That was actually the easiest boss of all three simply because using a gun on the first form makes it easy, and using the Orotiagito on the second form was very quick. Although I do recall that the electric ball thingy it shoots out is now faster than you, so you can't outrun it...Big whoop, so you'll have to heal a couple times every 6k damage you put into it.

Still pretty cool looking, anyway.

So that's about it!
Ultimate mode is mostly about the visual changes, most of which are very cool looking.

I still think the Ruin's Arlans (Dimenions) look like the most retarded pieces of crap in existence besides their claws.
So there you have it!