PDA

View Full Version : 360 microphone problems

Ithildin
Oct 6, 2007, 09:20 AM
Hi all. Having probs with my mic on 360. I can hear some ppl, but not others. A good friend of mine says he cant even see the name of my character go orange when I'm speaking. Anyone else have this problem? Can anyone else help please?

Broodstar1337
Oct 12, 2007, 07:20 PM
Can you communicate fine outside of PSU? Other games or voice messages? If your problem is that your transmissions aren't going through, the easiest fix is a $20 one; get a new headset.

Only other thing I can think of is someone's not talking loud enough to pick up in the mic or the game's not transmitting your communications.

SigmaFresh26
Dec 13, 2007, 11:30 AM
I've been getting this issue and hearing about it from other people
like I'll only be able to hear one person in the party and that person is the only one who can hear me but he can hear everyone it's so weird and annoying does anyone know what the issue is?

Anduril
Dec 13, 2007, 09:09 PM
It seems to happen a lot, but as far as I'm aware it's a PSU-only thing. If you're playing with friends I've heard that a fix that occasionally works is just to turn off your 360 off, then back on and join the party again. Again, it's not a surefire fix.

Fishboy-G5x
Dec 14, 2007, 03:40 PM
I also get this issue, which some people suggest might be to do with NAT settings on my router (despite the fact that it's set to OPEN).

I only get this communications problem in PSU, which makes me think it's game specific.

Also, it's often the same people that I can never hear.

A reboot does nothing either, so, I'm fairly confident it's a bug.

Not a lot helpful there, but I just wanted to share the pain. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

NOVA79
Dec 24, 2007, 09:46 AM
I personally don't think it has anything to do with router/NAT settings....I just think this is a PSU issue as other games work fine.

amtalx
Dec 26, 2007, 09:28 AM
This is just a bug. It's a problem with PSU, yet ST blames it on MS... At least you weren't around for the first few weeks when NO ONE could talk to each other.

DarkEliteRico
Dec 30, 2007, 12:34 PM
On 2007-12-14 12:40, Fishboy-G5x wrote:
I also get this issue, which some people suggest might be to do with NAT settings on my router (despite the fact that it's set to OPEN).

I only get this communications problem in PSU, which makes me think it's game specific.

Also, it's often the same people that I can never hear.

A reboot does nothing either, so, I'm fairly confident it's a bug.

Not a lot helpful there, but I just wanted to share the pain. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

It's partially NAT settings, yet it may not be your connection it may be theirs. Sometimes it's honestly the game servers and getting the party restarted sometimes helps. It's not very often but sometimes it's the mic itself, well the connection into the port, they're a pretty shitty build/design.