PDA

View Full Version : hows shop search options?

nooblet
Oct 6, 2007, 03:02 PM
I remember a while back about add more options when searching for shops. So how are things? Do shops with boards still show up when you want the finish product instead?

I know us servers dont ahve this yet. wondering about the jp aoi.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: nooblet on 2007-10-06 13:02 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Oct 6, 2007, 03:32 PM
New search is awesome. The old options are still there, but there's another option now with a bunch of options - You can search for an item by exact name, which means the insane searches(Ever try looking for a Misaki under the old version? You get results for every single claw-type weapon, both single and twin. >_>; ) are sane now. You don't get boards doing it that way, just finished weapons. You have options for specifying the maximum and minimum prices to display, the max and min star rarity, you can sort the results to display the highest x stat/percent/grind... If you don't know the exact item name you can also search by type with the item name field blank and do a search for, say, 7* Crossbows less than 90k if you're hunting a cheap Cubo Upinde and forgot how to spell the name and don't want to be assed looking it up or can't look it up.

When you get the results with the new option, it shows you the stats of the actual weapons for sale in the shops, and their prices, so you can go down the list comparison shopping before you even set foot out of your own room. It simplifies things dramatically and eliminates the obnoxious task of crawling through every shop hoping it has what you want and that it isn't too overpriced. Don't like the %s or the price, or you wanted one already ground to +5, you can see that in the search results and not go to that shop at all.

Search results also apparently actually update without restarting the game now - I went and bought a 38% Lightning Stellaline for use in one of the new missions that's all lightning enemies that I've been spamming a bunch, and when I searched Stellalines again to check, it no longer showed up in the results and there were a couple that weren't there before as well.

Basically, the shop search now is freaking sweet and exactly what it should have been from the beginning. No longer do I dread searching player shops for something. I want it, I search for it, if I don't like what I see I try a different sort since that'll get different results sometimes since there's usually more of an item than the game'll display, if I still don't find what I'm looking for I'll just look again later.

nooblet
Oct 6, 2007, 08:00 PM
^
Im totally speechless. Thanks for the info.

buzyb77
Oct 6, 2007, 08:15 PM
wow me too

pikachief
Oct 6, 2007, 08:16 PM
i still use the old one because i dont know japanese XD

Zorafim
Oct 6, 2007, 08:21 PM
On 2007-10-06 13:32, Ian-KunX wrote:
a bunch of awesome stuff

You know, I don't even use the player shop anymore? Hopefully, with this new search, we'll actually have an economy to speak of.

Rashiid
Oct 6, 2007, 08:22 PM
yes; this will:

A) Kill Show-Off Shops of 99,999,999 stuff
B) Kill stupid shops of 99,999,999 stuffies
C) tha Misaki thing used to kill me....
D) Kill 'attraction' items used to just bring in ppl in shops (ie. Trimates for 99,999,999 just to lure ppls)
E) did i mention kill 99,999,999 shops?

Zabrio
Oct 6, 2007, 09:14 PM
On 2007-10-06 18:22, Rashiid wrote:
yes; this will:

D) Kill 'attraction' items used to just bring in ppl in shops (ie. Trimates for 99,999,999 just to lure ppls)

now there another reason to get aoi

Bitey
Oct 6, 2007, 10:04 PM
Hopefully, with this new search, we'll actually have an economy to speak of.

Seriously, just the option to arrange search results by price and even view the price in the search list before looking at the shop should cut most common prices by half because of competition.

If the feature is as good as it sounds, some would be web programmers could easily make a website that updates prices in real time, sort of like the MapleStory sites.

nooblet
Oct 6, 2007, 10:36 PM
If the feature is as good as it sounds, some would be web programmers could easily make a website that updates prices in real time, sort of like the MapleStory sites.

you mean like ffxi and ffxiah.com? that would be awesome.

Itsuki
Oct 6, 2007, 11:09 PM
On 2007-10-06 19:14, Zaro wrote:

On 2007-10-06 18:22, Rashiid wrote:
yes; this will:

now there another reason to get aoi

The shop search options were actually added a week before AoI came out to the regular game in preparation for AoI.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/Akukame/ShopSearch01.jpg

sorting options:
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/Akukame/ShopSearch02.jpg

Category searches:
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/Akukame/ShopSearch03.jpg

You can also manually type in stuff. For example if you type in the kanji for ice, only ice elemental stuff will appear.

TetsuyaHikari
Oct 7, 2007, 01:27 AM
Hmmm...it's set up about how I thought it would be. This look nice indeed. Thank you for the screenshots Itsuki-chan http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Can't wait till we get it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kietrinia
Oct 7, 2007, 09:42 AM
On 2007-10-06 20:04, Bitey wrote:
If the feature is as good as it sounds, some would be web programmers could easily make a website that updates prices in real time, sort of like the MapleStory sites.<nerd moment>
You're assuming Sega would be willing to expose their player store database via XML or SQL query. I'm not sure they'd let that data out into the world so easily...
</nerd moment>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kietrinia on 2007-10-07 07:43 ]</font>

Rashiid
Oct 7, 2007, 09:47 AM
Shop...Loverboy?

o.0

Wallin
Oct 7, 2007, 10:06 AM
This is off-topic but it just occurred to me when I saw Shop Loverboy(lol)'s shop description, do Japanese not care about the size of the small text boxes because they can say everything with 1-symbol kanji?

Vitamin_D
Oct 7, 2007, 12:00 PM
Wow sounds excellent. It sounds like things are going to be a lot easier as far as player shops. Thanks for the info guys.