PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass *possible spoilers?*

Skuda
Oct 6, 2007, 09:47 PM
Anyone else playing this and having a really good time?

This game is incredibly well done, and pieces the DS's many features into fun and exciting puzzles. So far I'd rate the fun factor at 10/10. Over all an 8.5/10

My only quams with it are that the dungeons don't really stick with the classic zelda style. Sure they have neat puzzles, but they felt way to short. No mini-bosses and early acquisition of the dungeon items made me feel like I got ripped off a bit. I also found the music to be a little repetative. Field music plays on fields, dungeon music plays in dungeons, town music plays in towns. Not a whole lot of variety there. :/

Other than that, this game is great. I'd recommend it to anyone with a DS. A total must have.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skuda on 2007-10-06 19:48 ]</font>

AlexCraig
Oct 6, 2007, 10:05 PM
Gah! I must have this game!!! I have every Zelda game to this point! What sucks is that I don't have a DS. Nonetheless! I should have this game soon!

Moo2u
Oct 7, 2007, 11:31 AM
This game is incredbily awesome. Some of the puzzels are very very cleaver, and so far I'm having a blast. The online multiplayer seems a little week to me, but maybe I just have to spend a little more time with it...

PJ
Oct 7, 2007, 11:55 AM
All I know is, one person who worked on this game said he preferred it over Link to the Past.

Which makes me very hapy. Not because I thought Link to the Past was the best Link, but because so many other people do.

AlexCraig
Oct 7, 2007, 01:27 PM
ALTTP will always be my fave, there is no changing that whatsoever http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But I love all Zelda games. I can tell right now that I am going to enjoy this http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Out_Kast
Oct 7, 2007, 01:59 PM
Gib!
I want it, but there's a load of other DS games I want at the same time. I've got a choice; get Phantom Hourglass or a couple of the others.

trypticon
Oct 7, 2007, 02:06 PM
I got it the other day, and I've been more than happy with it so far. It has reminded me again why I love the DS so much. It's just a great system with a good selection of titles to choose from (based on what I've played, mind you).

The reviews I've read on it thus far have been fairly accurate, but at the same time incredibly nit-picky over dings to the scores. It seems most of the reviews I've read have been biased against the control scheme. Here's my lowdown on that:

I'm playing the game.

I'm having fun.

The controls are fairly spot on.

And I'm having fun.

Enough said.

Niered
Oct 7, 2007, 10:07 PM
Wait, theres online multiplayer? This is news to me. Do tell more please!

Zorafim
Oct 8, 2007, 12:57 AM
Would you say that this game is worth the "Legend of Zelda" title? Or is it just another wannabe portable game that can never hold a candle to the main branch of the series? I'm getting fairly tired of the latter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-10-07 22:57 ]</font>

Skuda
Oct 8, 2007, 02:33 AM
On 2007-10-07 22:57, Zorafim wrote:
Would you say that this game is worth the "Legend of Zelda" title? Or is it just another wannabe portable game that can never hold a candle to the main branch of the series? I'm getting fairly tired of the latter.

What really is worthy of a "Legend of Zelda" title? What really is the 'main branch' of the series?

Legend of Zelda has been pretty sparatic over the years. There's pretty much only two constants. Link and Zelda. Ganon has been around for a number of titles, but he's getting pretty old.

Even if this game wasn't a Legend of Zelda game, I'd still have boughten it. It's just too damn good a game to pass up. As I said before, the fun factor is a 10/10.

I had just beaten this game last night, but I have this to say. This is the most satisfying Zelda game I have ever played. I don't mean to hype it up, but the final boss battle was amazing. The whole time I was thinking "OMFG this is so awesome!" Brilliantly done.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. Take it as you will, but I do hope you'll at least give it a chance. It is quite worthy of running through at least once.

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 8, 2007, 03:13 AM
On 2007-10-08 00:33, Skuda wrote:
Legend of Zelda has been pretty sparatic over the years. There's pretty much only two constants. Link and Zelda. Ganon has been around for a number of titles, but he's getting pretty old.

most of the gameboy games did not have zelda...
Link's Awakening
Oracle of Ages/Seasons

idk, I just like the puzzles, but apparently, the puzzles in this game are either not hard, or so completely absurd (like having to close the DS) that you'd basically never think of it.

THE JACKEL

Niered
Oct 8, 2007, 03:27 AM
On 2007-10-08 01:13, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

most of the gameboy games did not have zelda...
Link's Awakening
Oracle of Ages/Seasons

idk, I just like the puzzles, but apparently, the puzzles in this game are either not hard, or so completely absurd (like having to close the DS) that you'd basically never think of it.

THE JACKEL

Actually, Zelda IS in oracle of ages and seasons, but only if you continue the story from one of them to the other, as is ganon.

Basically, you realize that the main enemies of both oracles and of seasons were just pawns being used by the twinrova in an effort to ressurect ganondorf. Zelda is in almost the entire second game (Either of the two, since they can be played in either order) And is kidnapped by twinrova after you beat main villain. Her life force was going to be used to ressurect Ganondorf, but when you kill the twinrova, they realize their plan is undone and can only sacrifice themselves, and since they were unable to sacrifice a innocent maiden, instead of getting the full fledged ganondorf in his mostly human form with basic intteligence, they get ganon, the pig, who basically is a crazed torrent of destruction. So after beating him you save zelda, and escape his tower.

So yah, Zelda and Ganon ARE in oracles/ages, which just so happen to be my favorite zelda games of all times. : D

Otis_Kat
Oct 8, 2007, 07:50 AM
Wow, first I miss MP3 (and still haven't bought it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif) and now I miss this?

I need to keep up on my Nintendo games -_-

Zorafim
Oct 8, 2007, 02:31 PM
The whole time I was thinking "OMFG this is so awesome!" Brilliantly done.

That's all I needed. Thank you.