PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Broadband Adapter

Streen
Dec 30, 2002, 10:23 PM
Is it me or has the big N decided to screw me and it's other faithful by discontinuing the Broadband Adapter. I have seen no official annopuncements that it has been discontinued but you can't find them anywhere except ebay and they are going for an insane 75 bucks a pop on their. If anyone has any information on whether Nintendo has scrapped this or if they are just making them and creating false demand A LA Playstation 2, I would appreciate a tip.

Ropponmatsu
Dec 30, 2002, 10:29 PM
My local Best Buy finally gets another shipment in tonight, they sell for about $40. I don't see why everyone believes all the discontinued rumors going around! If Nintendo hasn't made an official word yet, than you can assume it isnt true!

Streen
Dec 30, 2002, 10:32 PM
i didn't hear any rumors i am just going by what i am seeing gamestop and ebworld have pulled it off their sites and toysrus lists it as discontinued or out of stock. But if you find one in that new shipment it will definately bring me hope. I just gotta hope they make it in to the far reaches of the void that is Iowa.

Cross689
Dec 31, 2002, 01:09 AM
from what ive heard they are just releasing large shipments between very long intervals like one every 2/3 months, but this could be a lie thats what some guys down at funcoland told me and ive heard it also.

PhoenixStryker
Dec 31, 2002, 03:38 AM
http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay

I think that should explain it all to ya =)

Tenko
Dec 31, 2002, 05:43 AM
It's currently on backorder at nintendo.com, but will probably be shipped again soon - I just checked my order tracking there and the status has gone from "Backordered" to "Preparing Order", which looks to me like it's going to be put in the mail for me in the next day or two. So, all should be well.

Ropponmatsu
Dec 31, 2002, 12:07 PM
Ack, the inferior Best Buy employees were wrong. It was PS2 adapters that they were getting, not GCN! There just saying the same thing, "I dont think its out yet..."

I'm mad now!

Muku6
Dec 31, 2002, 05:11 PM
If there's no official word, why do people run around like chickens with their heads cut off? Honestly, people worry too much. I have a few friends that work at NOA, and I can assure you, they aren't discontinued.

The only problem is they didn't make enough modems to supply everyone with. Unfortunately they under estimated. Just because everything is sold out and not on shelves, and that you actually believe the Best Buy/EB/Babbages/Gamestop/Funcoland employees is beyond me. They don't even know what's going on. If they have no explination, it being discountinued sounds good to them. Either way, more is coming soon, so hold on to your hats and sit on some ice and chill a while.

Seph5172
Dec 31, 2002, 05:54 PM
Yeah no shit.

But you know whats funny, my parents called the Broadband company and asked about it, and im suppose to get word from someone who knows about it today. I wonder if he knows anything about a BB adapter http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

anyway, bestbuy at least still has it on their site, but the people at the store also at least knew that they just dont have it in and that they probably wont for a while. (and actually, they probably didnt even know it existed until i actually looked it up on their site for em).

Anyway, yeah, I'm pissed off that I can't get a adapter yet, and I don't want to wait. I guess I have no choice though, so offline is my friend for now. I guess it's a good thing that they have multiplayer, because Single player REALLY gets hella boring.

So my final word is, until some place gets some shipments, just call all your buddies over and play some games.

G-Assassin
Dec 31, 2002, 06:02 PM
Here's another silly rumor to add into the mix, just for kicks:
I was buying Lunar Legend and when I asked about a BBA the guy told me they were discontinued until Animal Crossing Online. Hahaha. It doesn't make sense to me, discontinuing something that's in such high demand.

Coran_Horn
Dec 31, 2002, 06:14 PM
And maybe if you guys would just read the news on the home page...

Ropponmatsu
Dec 31, 2002, 07:17 PM
Heh, all the people at my Best Buy know what it is, but they don't know anything about it! To dang ironic!

LamerPanda
Dec 31, 2002, 07:27 PM
No one at the Wal-Mart or Sam Goody's where I am even know what PSO is, let alone a BBA... o_0

Accursed small towns, I have to do all my shopping online and I don't have my own credit card.

Ian D
Dec 31, 2002, 08:37 PM
On 2002-12-31 16:27, LamerPanda wrote:
No one at the Wal-Mart or Sam Goody's where I am even know what PSO is, let alone a BBA... o_0

Accursed small towns...

Hey, same here, but that also means when they get them they won't sell out as soon. (JUST PICKED UP BBA TODAY WH0oTIEZ!)

LamerPanda
Dec 31, 2002, 09:23 PM
IF they get them...

We both live in PA. Whoo, spooky, we could be in the same town. (Probably not, though.)

Ghaleon
Dec 31, 2002, 09:54 PM
screw credit cards, use a money order =P

LordDez
Dec 31, 2002, 11:02 PM
On 2002-12-31 18:54, Ghaleon wrote:
screw credit cards, use a money order =P

Sounds like a good idea to me. I think everyone got a little cash for the holidays. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I know I did. I'm just too lazy to looking for the thing.