PDA

View Full Version : Users Posting Huge screenshots

Sasamichan
Oct 7, 2007, 10:40 AM
I'm getting really annoyed with people posting huge screenshots that makes my screen scroll the wrong way. It makes the thread hard to read. I tried PMing active mods, nothing. Tried PMing the poster, mothing. Please help.

Ryna
Oct 7, 2007, 12:17 PM
For the most part, enforcing rules relating to screen resolutions is impossible. So, we suggest people use url tags for anything over 800 pixels in width. If you spot an egregious offense, try directly PMing one of the PSU forum moderators (me, Dhylec, A2k, etc...). It maybe a few hours before it is looked at, but the offending post will be reviewed.

Neith
Oct 7, 2007, 01:03 PM
Most people use 1024x768 or higher resolution now, so for most people, images higher than 800 pixels shouldn't be a problem. Obviously, if someone posts something like 1280 or higher, I'd maybe alert someone, but I think alerting mods everytime someone posts an image over 800px is a bit much. Unless you're running on an extremely slow connection, the images don't take long to load (provided they're JPG, of course), and all it takes is a small scroll across to see a larger image.

I don't bother alerting anyone over images, because it only takes a second or two to scroll left/right, but if it bothers you that much, PM a mod as you have been doing, heh.

Sord
Oct 7, 2007, 01:10 PM
panorama pictures are mostly the only ones that are long enough to really bother removing

example: http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/5493/williebovpanorama2bj3.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2007-10-07 11:21 ]</font>