PDA

View Full Version : Account Recovery

DoubleJG
Oct 8, 2007, 02:11 PM
Is there a way to check before you reactive your account to see if your characters are still intact? My license expired May 24th, well over 90 days and I don't want to end up paying to have to start all over again -_-

Anyone have any insight? Maybe you took a long break and Sega didn't delete your stuff?

Rizen
Oct 8, 2007, 02:14 PM
From my knowledge, characters do not get deleted. At least, mine weren't deleted after my leave.

F-Gattaca
Oct 8, 2007, 02:24 PM
Did you own any open shops? I could see if you're still around.

DoubleJG
Oct 8, 2007, 02:25 PM
I think my shop was open... I didn't know that shops still remained even after accounts were inactive. Try searching:

DoubleJG

Chiaroscuro

@Rizen, how long was your leave of absence?

F-Gattaca
Oct 8, 2007, 02:33 PM
On 2007-10-08 12:25, DoubleJG3288 wrote:
I think my shop was open... I didn't know that shops still remained even after accounts were inactive. Try searching:

DoubleJG

Chiaroscuro

I'm pretty sure they do. You can still visit the rooms of people with deactivated accounts, and I just did it with someone I know who has an open shop in her room and hasn't played in a while.

I just ran a search for shops with that name but nothing came back, however.

Your characters are probably fine, though; the shop search doesn't always work that well (there have been times I tried searching for my own shop with another character and it wouldn't show up!) so it's probably a bad indicator as to whether your characters are there or not, heh.

Anyway, a lot of people have gone beyond the 90-day warning listed in the manual and never had their characters deleted. You should be fine.

DoubleJG
Oct 8, 2007, 06:44 PM
Thanks for checking, but if I recall I actually do think they I ran my shops closed because of the hacker scare many months back involving open shop theft. I appreciate you checking it for me.