PDA

View Full Version : A question for wartechers

Xellos175
Oct 9, 2007, 01:07 AM
I'm was thinking of becoming a wartecher because they can use all my favorite weapons but can only use up to Aranks does using Aranks really hurt the amount of melee damage you can do compare to using Srank? Also I find it hard to lv techs so I'm focusing on my healing/buff techs is having high lv attack techs really important because I'm a male beast who likes to use melee more then techs.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 9, 2007, 01:15 AM
1. A-Ranks? No, they're fine for now, but AoI will make the difference much more pronounced.
2. Attack techs? Yeah, don't bother.

Anyway, depending on which ones are your favorite weapons, you might want to consider AT instead. Maybe not though.

Xaeris
Oct 9, 2007, 01:32 AM
At the moment, the element % on a weapon has *far* more to do with the damage you deal than any of the other numbers on the thing. As a result, it is more practical to synth and synth until you make a strong A rank than hope that one S rank board you found by freak accident manages to come out decently.

In AoI...well, I can't really say. On one hand, the element thing still holds true. On the other hand, they're more plentiful so it's not quite as impractical to pursue one with high % and hold a definitive edge. Plus, there's also the fact that not all of the strongest weapons will necessarily be S rank. For example, the Sato madoog is A rank, as is the Degahna Cannon, which are rated as some of the best items in their respective categories.

Rule of thumb as I see it is that a type's rank cap limits its options, not its potential strength.

As for your other question, you can ignore the attack techs for now if you must, but they'll be a key part of our power come AoI, so you'll have to get them up at some point if you intend to stick with the class. Luckily, it's not like you need to be a fT and have every single one, but there are definitely some choice ones you could stand to work on now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xaeris on 2007-10-08 23:39 ]</font>

Xellos175
Oct 9, 2007, 05:21 AM
Which attack techs should I work on now? And thanks for the quick replies.

Chrishu367
Oct 9, 2007, 05:35 AM
Well, if you're a beast, you should probably focus more on your Support Techs rather than your actual attack techs. You'll be able to do much more damage that way. If you really want to use Attacks, then just work on whatever the weaknesses are in that particular area. For example, fire and ice on Neudaiz.

CelestialBlade
Oct 9, 2007, 06:34 AM
You may want to stick with Attack Technics that simply hit hard (Foie, Diga) because, for me anyway, I use Attack Technics on melee-resistant stuff. Of course, I do play a Beast WT so obviously melee is my primary. Just depends on your playing style, there's several different ways to play WT.

A-ranks are perfectly fine for now, but AoI seems to be expanding weapons up to 15* so the gap between that and 9* weapons is going to become significant. Think of it like being limited to B-rank weaponry now. And when we can grind S-ranks finally, it'll become even more significant. I'm just really hoping this doesn't kill off WT entirely, as our S-rank selection is pretty horrible.

Beamther0x
Oct 9, 2007, 12:21 PM
I play a Newman Wartecher for fun. Since the WT melee weapons are One on One weps (Knucks, Claws, Double Sabers) its best for me to stick to using my Ra techs when it comes to groups. The Wartecher is about versatility, not so much the most damage at one time in the group. Take for example the train rescue mission. When it comes to fighting the rogues you'll have an easier time dealing with them with your striking weapons then a FT would with his techs (But both of you will have an easy time if you use fans). When it comes to fighting the robots if you use a strong Rabarta you'll be dealing much more damage per hit (cus it hits 3 targets) than a FF (the robots take less damage from physical attacks). When playing WT remember this, your melee damage wont be near as much as a FF and your tech damage wont match a FT, but you'll be able to do both at an okay level, which not only makes your play style more fun but fluid in most situations. So my advice is to use your favorite striking weapons, use fans when you can, and level up your Ra techniques as your primary attack tech since your striking weps already do the One on One damage. Buffs are good, and you can choose whether you want to do more one hit techs like diga or foie or 6 hit techs like the Gis.
Also, I wouldnt worry about S ranks for now. I dont see many people who have too many of them, but I dont know how that will change in AoI

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Beamther0x on 2007-10-09 10:22 ]</font>

Pillan
Oct 9, 2007, 12:36 PM
A WT can easily get away without using any damage techs and, in most cases, the WT without damage techs will have a higher output than the one that actively uses both melee and tech attacks. Thanks to the Just Attack system, this will be even more obvious.

As a Beast, you do around 20% more melee damage and at least 30% less tech damage than a Newman and a Newman’s damage techs don’t keep up with its melee damage right now, so it’s even less likely that they’ll ever be useful from a damage perspective (i.e., only consider tech damage on single target melee resistant enemies). Of course you can still find use for techs such as Dambarta, which freezes and locks all the enemies in front of you, or Foie, which is your only SE 4 burn option.

So, no, you don’t need damage techs, but you can always find a use for them. The ones I’d recommend if you get any are Foie, Damfoie, Dambarta, Nosdiga, Megid, and Regrants.

EDIT:

Forgot Megid...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2007-10-09 10:43 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Oct 9, 2007, 12:39 PM
As a beast you want to focus on zodeel debuff. You have the WORST ATA of any fighting class, *and* are limited to level 20 skills.

for damaging techs I would look to those which add SE to pitch in with damage, via DoTs - namely damfoie, and dammegid. Also you may want to pick up regrants...not for damage, but to help others by keeping down enemies like sendelain. Foie and diga are a given. Versus enemies that are tech resistant, these two are very pp efficient in terms of damage.

come AoI you might want to consider megids. It's getting a redcued casting cost, and enemy resistance to SE is being lowered (and it is also quite damaging and it penetrates).

mll
Oct 9, 2007, 05:21 PM
On 2007-10-09 10:39, SolomonGrundy wrote:
As a beast you want to focus on zodeel debuff. You have the WORST ATA of any fighting class, *and* are limited to level 20 skills.

for damaging techs I would look to those which add SE to pitch in with damage, via DoTs - namely damfoie, and dammegid. Also you may want to pick up regrants...not for damage, but to help others by keeping down enemies like sendelain. Foie and diga are a given. Versus enemies that are tech resistant, these two are very pp efficient in terms of damage.

come AoI you might want to consider megids. It's getting a redcued casting cost, and enemy resistance to SE is being lowered (and it is also quite damaging and it penetrates).

Is dammegid any use? I've been considering getting it for a while but have always been put off by the SE2 cap. Surely damfoei will outdamage it in pretty much every situation.

SolomonGrundy
Oct 9, 2007, 05:47 PM
Is dammegid any use? I've been considering getting it for a while but have always been put off by the SE2 cap. Surely damfoei will outdamage it in pretty much every situation.

Well, there are a lot of fire enemies. if you want to use a DoT on them, I prefer Dammegids. Also, regardless of the SE level, virus does 5% per tick, which is nice. The SE2 will land on small and medium enemies, at a decent clip.

Dragwind
Oct 9, 2007, 06:16 PM
I'd say use any melee you can to your advantage. Definitely support as needed. However if you're feeling lazy on the tech side, at least lvl a few Gi techs as the more targets they hit, the more damage you can put out. In most cases it will outdamage melee AoE depending on variables.