PDA

View Full Version : Slicers

Xencia
Oct 9, 2007, 08:18 AM
Ok,I loved slicers to death in PSO,my favorite weapon. Now that AoI has been out for a little bit I have a few questions about it and hitboxes.

1: That first PA,the penetrating one,does it only hit 1 box on any enemy like other penetrations?

2: Offline,that second PA looks useful close range, does it it multiple boxes on a single target?

3: Same question,but for the normal attack.

Starrz
Oct 10, 2007, 03:13 AM
One hit box per enemy on normal and PA attacks.

Nyreal
Oct 10, 2007, 04:25 AM
What about large enemies? Is it possible to multi-hit them?

Xencia
Oct 10, 2007, 07:22 AM
Darn,that's disappointing,so it does basically function as a laser? *sighs*There goes my hopes for boss fighting. Guess I'll just have to use Claw/Card there..

Soukosa
Oct 10, 2007, 05:57 PM
It will show it as if you can hit multiple hit boxes on a single target but it'll still only hit one, normal or PA attack. Considering how much range they have, how many targets they can hit, and how fast they can be (especially on AF), it'd be beyond broken if they could do that. It's a good mob handling weapon, which goes well with how AF was designed, the class best suited for it.

Also, before anyone asks since I'm sure it's gonna be, slicers do melee damage, not ranged.

Xencia
Oct 10, 2007, 09:55 PM
Well yeah,still gonna be insane fun even with only 1 hit per target. It may be like a laser,but laser just WISH they were homing like this^_^. It'll be just as useless as a laser on a boss though,cept maybe for ForteFighter,might give them something decent to use on fliers.

Nyreal
Oct 11, 2007, 04:38 AM
So fun. I loved slicers back in the day. I wonder... Can my Wartecher use them?

Itsuki
Oct 11, 2007, 04:40 AM
fortefigher, figunner, acrofigher only.

Niloklives
Oct 11, 2007, 04:44 AM
I think so...something els ethat should be pointed out: slicers do not behave like they did in PSO. they hit lin a line, but don't home in on nearby targets after hitting your first enemy. they DO however home in on your first target, that means that can hit flying enemies off screen if they're close enough as well as traps, mines and stalactites. this is all only true for the normal attack. the PA are only straight lines. furthermore both PAs are long range.

Nyreal
Oct 11, 2007, 05:08 AM
What a shame. Looks like I'm not getting back my Rainbow Baton after all.

SolomonGrundy
Oct 11, 2007, 01:31 PM
On 2007-10-11 02:44, NIloklives wrote:
I think so...something els ethat should be pointed out: slicers do not behave like they did in PSO. they hit lin a line, but don't home in on nearby targets after hitting your first enemy. they DO however home in on your first target, that means that can hit flying enemies off screen if they're close enough as well as traps, mines and stalactites. this is all only true for the normal attack. the PA are only straight lines. furthermore both PAs are long range.

they don't home in? Daaaaaaamn...that was the coolest thing about slicers. I was imagining the packs of dead olaka/distova etc.

How is the accuracy on the weapon, and on the PA for it.

edit: by the way, not broken to have them hit multiple targets...slicers did in PSO and weren't broken, why would they be now?.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-10-11 11:38 ]</font>

Pillan
Oct 11, 2007, 01:36 PM
Rediculously overpowered...

330 ATA and a 97% ATA mod coupled with a 360% ATP mod at 40. There's a clear reason why FG and fF don't get them to S rank.

SolomonGrundy
Oct 11, 2007, 01:41 PM
On 2007-10-11 11:36, Pillan wrote:
Rediculously overpowered...

330 ATA and a 97% ATA mod coupled with a 360% ATP mod at 40. There's a clear reason why FG and fF don't get them to S rank.

well, I'm of the opinion that fF should get ALL melee weapons at S rank http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Since that is all the job can do (no traps, and no guns other than pistol)

CelestialBlade
Oct 11, 2007, 01:41 PM
I'd take a cut in that ATP if it meant they functioned like they did in PSO. God did I love ripping De Rol Le to shreads with my Slicers....

Still, the idea of a "melee laser" is pretty cool regardless. Just wish they didn't take them away from Guntechers :P

panzer_unit
Oct 11, 2007, 01:47 PM
On 2007-10-11 11:41, SolomonGrundy wrote:
well, I'm of the opinion that fF should get ALL melee weapons at S rank http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Since that is all the job can do (no traps, and no guns other than pistol)

Having slicers (lasers, sort of) and anga jabroga (grenades, sort of) does a lot to help them out, I think. It's at least enough that Fortegunner having level 20 skill caps for saber, dagger, and spear PA's doesn't seem completely broken.

Pillan
Oct 11, 2007, 01:53 PM

They buffed fF’s ATP so that it has 22% more base ATP than FG. Then they buffed base ATP, skill mods, and element percentages so that that small difference will be even larger. And, finally, they gave them slicers and S twin sabers and sabers.

I’d say they don’t need anything more than that, though it was a necessary buff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2007-10-11 11:58 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Oct 11, 2007, 02:10 PM
On 2007-10-11 11:53, Pillan wrote:

They buffed fF’s ATP so that it has 22% more base ATP than FG. Then they buffed base ATP, skill mods, and element percentages so that that small difference will be even larger. And, finally, they gave them slicers and S twin sabers and sabers.

I’d say they don’t need anything more than that, though it was a necessary buff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2007-10-11 11:58 ]</font>

really? fFs get S rank twin sabers? weird. Now I fell stupid for getting yo-yo daggers. Perhaps I'll rock assault crush...

Bitey
Oct 11, 2007, 07:07 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VRx5z-ke84

That is not a line and that same angle was the PSO angle too. I know that in beta it was a very straight line like a melee laser, but it seems they changed that after release.

Niloklives
Oct 11, 2007, 09:06 PM
you clearly haven't used it yourself. he was using it point blank and I already said it's a wide area. do you really want me to post a video just so you'll know for sure? it's a long range attack that is also effective at close range, the video they did was a poor example of how that PA works.

anyway unless you've used it yourself its best not to argue. I have the game now and use that PA quite a bit. I know what I'm talking about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-10-11 19:11 ]</font>

ashley50
Oct 12, 2007, 02:32 AM
I consider Slicers to be the "Laser Cannon" of Hunter types who can use them. Since it can hit as any enemies onscreen if they're all close together.

It's also a good "Anti-Armor" weapon.

Niloklives
Oct 12, 2007, 04:38 PM
that's pretty much what they are: melee based lasers with a wider hit radius (when using the PA).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-10-12 14:39 ]</font>

Sekani
Nov 8, 2007, 01:15 PM
Question I haven't seen answered... are slicers a right-hand or left-hand weapon?

amtalx
Nov 8, 2007, 01:45 PM
On 2007-11-08 10:15, Sekani wrote:
Question I haven't seen answered... are slicers a right-hand or left-hand weapon?

Right-handed

Kylie
Nov 8, 2007, 01:47 PM
One box per enemy even on biggies? That's cool, I guess. I need a good mob controller.