PDA

View Full Version : SHENMUE

BlaizeYES
Oct 9, 2007, 04:58 PM
i've been hearing mixed things. some people say that eventually a shenmue 3 will be released in a few years, while others are saying that we will never see the game hit the ground.

i know that the game itself was not very popular, many people hated the second game and felt that the pacing was terrible. the only gripe i had with the second one was how lan di saw ryo from the helicopter, but made no attempt to end his little chase. the whole idea of the first game was following lan di but never making yourself actually be in the same place as him, because he would kill you immediately. you feared lan di in the first game, but in kowloon you were hardly scared... which should have been saved for one of the later chapters.

http://shenmue.planets.gamespy.com/images/shenmue2screens/zoolander-image350.jpg

for some reason, lan di doesnt seem all that scary when hes just hanging from a helicopter. it sort of just shows you that its a little over-the-top

i need a shenmue 3. in the words of the million halo 3 commercials, i need to finish the fight

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlaizeYES on 2007-10-09 15:10 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlaizeYES on 2007-10-09 15:12 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlaizeYES on 2007-10-09 15:13 ]</font>

BlaizeYES
Oct 9, 2007, 05:15 PM
http://shenmue.planets.gamespy.com/images/shenmue2screens/zoolander-image196.jpg

Jaspaller
Oct 9, 2007, 06:12 PM
I liked being lost in the city. It was a unique experience. Too bad I never played the first one and didn't finish the second.

Would you like to play a game of lucky hit?
I think I'll have some more fun!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaspaller on 2007-10-09 16:12 ]</font>

Moo2u
Oct 9, 2007, 06:45 PM
I was one of those Shenmue fans that never got an Xbox, so I cursed Sega to hell when they canceled Shenmue 2 for the DC....man was I pissed...

DizzyDi
Oct 9, 2007, 06:54 PM
They Shenmue games were alright but I never realized what the big deal was.
Play Yakuza, its pretty much the same thing.

Cloud_01
Oct 9, 2007, 08:50 PM
Shenmue 3 is coming out for Wii. Fact.

Moo2u
Oct 9, 2007, 09:42 PM
...pretty sure that's totally BS....

Sega originally planned for Shenmue III, but over time the project was canceled. Various unconfirmed reasons for its delay varied from budget issues, poor sales of Shenmue 2, creative differences, commitment problems, etc. Over the past few years since Shenmue 2, Shenmue 3 has been announced for development and cancelled at least two times. After some time a new Shenmue project was underway, later revealed to be Shenmue Online. The final chapter of the Shenmue saga has been finished already, but never went into production. Fans petitioned for its development, but nothing official has been announced so far. Because some believe the game may never be published, some opted for a comic book or script release for sales to give fans closure to the Shenmue story.

According to Shenmue Dojo, Shenmue creator Yu Suzuki was quoted as saying, "Regarding Shenmue 3, we're not carrying on relative development yet, and I can't give you any further information for the time being." Most recently there's been unconfirmed sources of Shenmue getting redeveloped and compacted (Shenmue I, II and III) into one whole game. People unfamiliar with the Shenmue game will have a chance to play Shenmue with the modern consoles such as Xbox 360 and/or PS3. It's said the final chapter will be added in along with updated graphics to enhance the gaming experience and finally give closure to the Shenmue saga. To date there has yet to be any official announcements or publications to suggest the rumors are true.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 10, 2007, 12:02 AM
Shenmue online was cancelled, last news I heard.

Ultra expensive to produce game(Shenmue series here, not the spinoff online one, don't know about that), nowhere near a profit, not likely to be continued.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2007-10-10 00:07 ]</font>

BlaizeYES
Oct 10, 2007, 01:48 AM
well i heard of shenmue online, even being released would have been a huge disaster, they tried changing it into some supernatural mmorpg... but it at least would have made the littlest impact to know that shenmue was not over, and efforts were being made to continue the fight to have this epic completed.

the best part of shenmue was that shen hua was trying to teach ryo "the light," the life without revenge. and ryo, if you played completely throught the second game, was doubting his own motives. in my head i always figured he would never end up killing lan di, rather, ryo and lan di would end up fighting against the leaders of the chiyumen. if you play the second game enough, listen to master tao's experiences, you'd see where i'm coming from. god, i wish ryo would just hook up with xiuying, she is the perfect female

Rhea-Licious
Oct 13, 2007, 05:55 PM
I read something in a magazine that there will be a Shenmue 3. Sega plans on re-releasing Shenume 1 and 2 with part 3 on the XBOX 360. But then again...that's what I read. I dunno if it will ever happen, I'd like to finish the story as well.

mizukage
Oct 13, 2007, 08:33 PM
If Sega is really going to re-release Shenmue 1 & 2, as well as the new Shenmue 3 on XBox 360, it encourages me to buy the console. However, I think Shenmue 3 is actually going to be released on Wii which is somewhat disappointing to me.

Tigerram
Oct 14, 2007, 01:59 PM
I absolutely loved the 1st Shenmue, but honestly, I didn't care for Shenmue 2. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad game it just didn't give me the joy that Shenmue had.

If all 3 chapters were released on 360, I'd actually purchase this game. Playing through Shemue 2 again wouldn't be so entertaining to go through again, but I wouldn't mind playing the whole game.

amtalx
Oct 14, 2007, 02:17 PM
Sega is actually playing a game. The story will be finished, but each installment will be released on a different console just to f*ck with us. There were supposed to be 16 chapters if I remember correctly...we've got a long road ahead of us. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

mizukage
Oct 14, 2007, 05:46 PM
Nah, I don't think Sega is being mean. It helps boost the sales of different consoles. If people like Shenmue, they will have to buy all the consoles that the game is being divided on. On the side of the businesses, its a plus! However, on the side of customers, its a minus. That's all!

omegapirate2k
Oct 14, 2007, 05:57 PM
On 2007-10-14 12:17, amtalx wrote:
There were supposed to be 16 chapters if I remember correctly...we've got a long road ahead of us. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Those 16 chapters are supposed to be compacted into 3 games, as I understand it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And I'd very much like to see Shenmue 3, but I'm not counting on it :/

Moo2u
Oct 14, 2007, 07:15 PM
I think they intended 16 games originally (Shenmue is just chapter 1) but after realizing there ain't enough sales to make 16 game, they complied half of the chapters into Shenmue 2.

Sgt_Shligger
Oct 14, 2007, 08:09 PM
On 2007-10-09 19:42, Moo2u wrote:
...pretty sure that's totally BS....

Sega originally planned for Shenmue III, but over time the project was canceled. Various unconfirmed reasons for its delay varied from budget issues, poor sales of Shenmue 2, creative differences, commitment problems, etc. Over the past few years since Shenmue 2, Shenmue 3 has been announced for development and cancelled at least two times. After some time a new Shenmue project was underway, later revealed to be Shenmue Online. The final chapter of the Shenmue saga has been finished already, but never went into production. Fans petitioned for its development, but nothing official has been announced so far. Because some believe the game may never be published, some opted for a comic book or script release for sales to give fans closure to the Shenmue story.

According to Shenmue Dojo, Shenmue creator Yu Suzuki was quoted as saying, "Regarding Shenmue 3, we're not carrying on relative development yet, and I can't give you any further information for the time being." Most recently there's been unconfirmed sources of Shenmue getting redeveloped and compacted (Shenmue I, II and III) into one whole game. People unfamiliar with the Shenmue game will have a chance to play Shenmue with the modern consoles such as Xbox 360 and/or PS3. It's said the final chapter will be added in along with updated graphics to enhance the gaming experience and finally give closure to the Shenmue saga. To date there has yet to be any official announcements or publications to suggest the rumors are true.

Did you jsut copy and paste some article http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif?

mizukage
Oct 14, 2007, 08:11 PM
Looks like to me!

Moo2u
Oct 14, 2007, 09:51 PM
...you got me! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

SubstanceD
Oct 15, 2007, 06:25 PM
I only played the first Shenmue game on the Dreamcast. It seemed like a great concept on paper but I took an instant disliking to the game when I actually bought and played it. It had a great story and some interesting characters but the gameplay was flawed.

Will there be a Shenmue 3? I would never say never in my opinion the Shenmue series has never been that popular. It's more of a cult series then anything. Then again sandbox games like Grand Theft Auto are all the rage these days ( and Shenmue was the first game of this type, without it there wouldn't be any 3D Grand Theft Auto Games ) so there just might be a market for it, if Sega market it right.

amtalx
Oct 15, 2007, 06:40 PM
I know Shenmue 1 was only the first chapter, but wasn't Shenmue 2 only a few chapters?

EDIT: After some quick googling, apparently Shenmue 2 was chapters 3-5. Chapter 2 was a manga (lame?) or an extra as part of the Xbox version. Are they really gonna pack 11 chapters into one game?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: amtalx on 2007-10-15 16:43 ]</font>

mizukage
Oct 26, 2007, 12:46 AM
Its been awhile, so......will there be a Shenmue 3??? I just finished watching Shenmue from Shenmue 2's function, seems pretty cool. I guess I will have to watch the video before actually playing Shenmue 2. I hope Shenmue 3 will be released with new generation graphics, if it is even going to be released...

Alamar
Oct 27, 2007, 08:50 AM
I thought they were multiple chapters per game also. Spread across 3 games. I could be wrong