PDA

View Full Version : Dead Fantasy

ShinMaruku
Oct 10, 2007, 06:32 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/115884.html

Wallin
Oct 10, 2007, 07:06 PM
I was about to post this, my brother just showed it to me. Awesome 3D work whoever did the video. That person is going to get paid very well someday for talent like that (even if they stole the models out of the game, that's still a heck of a lot of work).

Niered
Oct 10, 2007, 07:34 PM
Meh. The models are ripped, and the fight choreography is ok. Originality is key in these things.

ShinMaruku
Oct 10, 2007, 07:36 PM
It's funny how the moves are actually accurate from the DOA chicks stand point and Tifa with the whole insanity of it all.
They gave Hitomi a power boot though because the other birds are shown to be on that level.
All that's needed is a bounce.

McLaughlin
Oct 10, 2007, 07:51 PM
I'm pretty sure that's the same guy who did the Haloid video. Dude has skillz.

ShinMaruku
Oct 10, 2007, 08:11 PM
It's the same guy. He's on a whole other level.

MaximusLight
Oct 10, 2007, 08:38 PM
This made me lol
It's good...

Dhylec
Oct 10, 2007, 09:04 PM
Interesting. The power of cg. ;]

Sord
Oct 10, 2007, 09:05 PM
anyone having trouble loading this? i go through the whole pop-up add dealio, then click again. Screen just goes bacl and never loads. Even tried logging into my acount I made back during Haloid's release. Not working. Maybe I need to update or something :/

ShinMaruku
Oct 10, 2007, 09:10 PM
Best to update, you're not the only one with issue. I got none however.

McLaughlin
Oct 10, 2007, 09:23 PM
Try updating Flash.

Split
Oct 10, 2007, 10:13 PM
Also by the same guy is this amazingness:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/74358.html

dude's an amazing fight coreographer

DizzyDi
Oct 10, 2007, 10:32 PM
Not really into the whole super over the top Advent Children type fighting but the movie was alright. At least its not as bad as Haloid was. That shit was horrible.

UnderscoreX
Oct 11, 2007, 02:06 AM
The hell is/was Haloid ?

Neith
Oct 11, 2007, 08:03 AM
On 2007-10-11 00:06, UnderscoreX wrote:
The hell is/was Haloid ?

Never even seen it, but judging by the name, and this guy's 'Dead Fantasy' work, I'm guessing its a similar thing, fusing Halo and Metroid.

Dead Fantasy was alright, but:
1) Models were ripped from the games.
2) Some of the fightscene seemed a little awkward, in terms of animation. I mean, no way I could do better, but it bugged me.

Why Dead or Alive anyway... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

DizzyDi
Oct 11, 2007, 10:00 AM
Uriko got it right. Its pretty much the same as Dead fantasy 'cept Master Chief and Samus fight, until some Covenant come and the two team up to fight the aliens. WITH A SURPRISE ENDING.

Anyways Uriko, you can't blame the dude for ripping the models.

Vitamin_D
Oct 11, 2007, 10:48 AM
I personally liked both Haloid and this a lot. This dude has some serious talent. I love this type of action, it's the only thing I actually liked about Advent Children haha. Anyway though, I wanna see the next part of this. HEL YEH

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vitamin_D on 2007-10-11 08:49 ]</font>

Neith
Oct 11, 2007, 11:59 AM
On 2007-10-11 08:00, DizzyDi wrote:
Anyways Uriko, you can't blame the dude for ripping the models.

Yeah, I know- I'd just prefer to see something that isn't fan service. You know, maybe some original character models instead.

watashiwa
Oct 11, 2007, 12:36 PM
On 2007-10-11 09:59, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Yeah, I know- I'd just prefer to see something that isn't fan service. You know, maybe some original character models instead.

Check out his "Icarus" video.

McLaughlin
Oct 11, 2007, 01:02 PM
On 2007-10-11 10:36, watashiwa wrote:

Yep.

Neith
Oct 11, 2007, 01:39 PM
On 2007-10-11 10:36, watashiwa wrote:

Ah, thanks, I'll check that out then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

McLaughlin
Oct 11, 2007, 01:58 PM
Split posted a link to it. Well, the newest chapter anyway.

Split
Oct 11, 2007, 06:19 PM
whoa there's another one? I didn't see it in his pro...

McLaughlin
Oct 11, 2007, 06:46 PM
He has that ROAD series as well. I made a mistake and assumed that Icarus was part of that.

Sord
Oct 12, 2007, 12:12 AM
well, so much for updating. still won't work ;/

Zorafim
Oct 12, 2007, 12:15 AM
It should have been called Final Alive.

Saner
Oct 12, 2007, 11:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Dead+fantasy+i

I can't decide which video is smoother

maybe this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFYxHyYv6m4

my comp can't run things smoothly that are over 640x480 or whatever resolution but I guess it depends on the capturing methods they use.

DurakkenX
Oct 12, 2007, 11:46 AM
>.> I shall resist urge to insult no matter how much you deserve it and tell you that this thread already exists...and it's like 4 posts down.

Cz
Oct 12, 2007, 11:48 AM
lol...is that even a game?

ShinMaruku
Oct 12, 2007, 12:02 PM
I posted that already. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Saner
Oct 12, 2007, 12:05 PM
oh woops sowwy I'll check it lol. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

amtalx
Oct 12, 2007, 12:10 PM
On 2007-10-12 09:48, BunnyGirl wrote:
lol...is that even a game?

I don' think so. I think it's supposed to be like the Master Chief vs. Samus video...only much much better. Someone spent a lot of time on this...

Saner
Oct 12, 2007, 12:11 PM
Actually ripping the original MODELS is a good thing! A GOOD THING!

Otherwise this video would just have some half assed models that barely even resemble the characters and the whole thing would look as silly as Gumby.

ripping the models brings this video up to a whole professional level that could be mistakened for an upcoming SE fighting game, even if it's a game intended for PS2, it still looks great. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kylie
Oct 12, 2007, 12:12 PM
XD Kill Bill style. That video made my day.

Though, it lacks some Helena.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-10-12 10:12 ]</font>

Shadowpawn
Oct 12, 2007, 02:03 PM
I don't know about the whole "being mistakened for an SE game" both I agree with Saner. As for the video, I loved it. However, I must say I'm a sucker for anything that involves over-the-top fights.

McLaughlin
Oct 12, 2007, 02:05 PM
Well, when you're about to post a video about Dead or Alive girls fighting Final Fantasy girls, it should have flicked on the lightbulb.

Sgt_Shligger
Oct 12, 2007, 02:13 PM
I thought Haloid was better then this myself. It may be because the actual hand-to-hand combat (or blade-to-blade) wasn't used so much along with the fact it makes a bit more "sense" for Master Chief and Samus to fight like that (all the high jumps, super strength, etc.)

Sord
Oct 12, 2007, 04:41 PM
eh, had to watch the youtube one, still can't get gametrailers to work -_-;

regardless, it's good work I guess, but I don't really care for it. Seriously, Yuna firing point blank range and not killing? but the same shot knocks a massive pillar off it's chain just moments after? Then there's Riku, what kind of idiot gives their enemy their weapon back? She just tossed Ayane her weapon back, nevermind keeping it and letting Yuna shoot the hell out of Ayane with nothing to block with. Kasumi can teleport behind people and kick them, but not land a single dagger in their back? Ayane, if she can spin that weapon fast enough to block bullets, then she should damn well be able to swing it fast enough to hit someone before they flip/roll/jump away.

Hand-to-hand combat is fine in the vid. But the weapon usage is crap.

watashiwa
Oct 12, 2007, 05:13 PM
On 2007-10-12 14:41, Sord wrote:
Hand-to-hand combat is fine in the vid. But the weapon usage is crap.

As the author says in the text on the gametrailers.com page (which you can't load):

Violence
One point I'd like to make, if you're unfamiliar with either franchise. Both the characters in Final Fantasy and Dead or Alive are pretty much superhuman. Able to take bullets and keep running. So at a glance with the actions performesd in this movie, what could be viewed as acts of violence, I'd like to state that hopefully the tone of this short if viewed as light. Under the moniker of "friendly competition." In that I tried to put smiling faces on the girls whenever it was appropriate. Honestly I don't like violence at all, what I love is choreography.

That's kind of why Hitomi survived that shot at point blank range, among other weird things in the video.

Sord
Oct 12, 2007, 06:04 PM
that makes a lot more sense then, thanks. Due to it being on youtoob, I wasn't really able to make out facial expressions either, so no smiles tip either. eh well. Wonder if this guy will get any proffesional recognition from this? While it's probably a skill to crack into the codes and take the characters, it's also illegal. His R.O.A.D. series is original, and the last one I saw was the first part of the 3rd one (I think.) It's good, but I don't think it's good enough to land him a job alone. Not to mention, you work in a development team when you're with a company, where as currently he does the majority of this stuff alone. It's a whole diffrent type of work. Not to mention, he won't be able to just rip characters unless he is making a sequel for some franchise.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2007-10-12 16:05 ]</font>

Nyreal
Oct 12, 2007, 06:15 PM
I think he can get a job from this... Most 3D animators don't make the models themselves anyway; they just manipulate them. That's why they're called animators and not model artists. =D

Shadowpawn
Oct 13, 2007, 07:51 PM
Truns out the guy has a job already, he says so in the description to ROAD 3.