PDA

View Full Version : I thought I had my Action Palette planned out...

Nyreal
Oct 11, 2007, 04:36 AM
But it turns out that all these new weapons are going to leave me horribly bankrupt. I suppose that I'll just have to specialize in some more jobs and make more money, since I find it impossible to choose a set of six slots for my character.

MSAksion
Oct 12, 2007, 01:05 AM
Yeah its tough to set up a palette of only six due to the sheer amount of fun you can have using everything that's given to you.

Try equipping while in between enemy squads while hot-footing it to the next room while under attack or while the team Techer is calling for Buffs is a good time to swap weapons.

For my two mains i'm pretty set in my ways.

Fortetecher - six staffs, 24 tech spells. Swap out the LIGHTNING Staff for a Buff Staff or the Bow&Arrow and i'm good to go.

1 Foie Staff
2 Barta Staff
3 Regrants Healing Staff ==> swap for Light Kikami and Healing Wand for Speed
4 Zonde Staff ==> swap out for Buff staff or the 5 Bow&Arrow
5 Diga Staff
6 Megid Staff

Guntecher - its pretty set. Though i may start leveling up Laser instead of shotgun due to the Status 3 and penetrating hit and pretty good element modifier. Too bad GT looses the Whip and the Slicer >_> Oh well i'll raise a hunter one day.

1 Card / Buff Up Wand
2 Crossbow / Buff Down Wand
3 M-Gun / Healing Wand
4 Dualies ==> may swap for Madoog and Knife just to try.
5 Shotgun ==> Will swap for laser just cause i can ^_^
6 Bow or Rifle

Madoog and Shadoog would take away GT's mobile guns so those are a no-no. We already can use wands and left hand mobile guns so GT gets nothing new - playstyle change - out of AOI really.

Nyreal
Oct 12, 2007, 01:22 AM
Yeah. I figure that I'll just swap out a combination of Madoogs and Shadoogs with the rest of my weapons, depending on the mission I want to do. I'll be very variable. It'll keep things from getting old, I think.

Whips and Shadoogs, anyone? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ashley50
Oct 12, 2007, 02:26 AM
On 2007-10-11 23:22, Nyreal wrote:
Whips and Shadoogs, anyone? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Done by alot already...on the JP servers

Itsuki
Oct 12, 2007, 02:41 AM
My current guntecher setup. Still working out the kinks

1 - Rifle (+ alt element Rifle)
2 - Crossbow / Melee (+ spare melee / crossbow)
3 - Card / healing wand
4 - Mechgun + attack wand (usually 1 Ra, 1 simple, + 2x spare mechgun)
5 - Buff Madoog + Buff wand (if someone else is buffing, switches to 2x debuff, 2x attack tech)
6 - Twin Handguns (+ spare twin handgun)

Total weapons on hand average:
3x Mechgun
3x Wand
2x Rifle
2x Twin Handgun
2x Crossbow
2x Melee
1x Card
1x Madoog
-----------
16x Weapons

Anyone who thinks level 20 attack techs are useless must realize that even level 20 attack techs will deal more than bullets in some situations, especially with a /quick unit involved. Depending on the tech, they may also inflict a useful status effect.

The same can be said of level 10 skills. As a level 100 guntecher, just attacking rising strike will give me ~800dmg per hit (4 hits) with a neutral saber. Thats nothing to mock. It won't even start to compare to other classes, but once you've laid down your dot or whatever, you might as well make yourself useful.

PS: And if you didn't notice, I stress mobility and flexibility~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-10-12 00:43 ]</font>

Pillan
Oct 12, 2007, 07:46 AM
On 2007-10-12 00:41, Itsuki-chan wrote:
Anyone who thinks level 20 attack techs are useless must realize that even level 20 attack techs will deal more than bullets in some situations, especially with a /quick unit involved. Depending on the tech, they may also inflict a useful status effect.

I believe you meant to say “must not realize”.

Anyway, since you brought up the subject, what SEs are there that techs can do better than bullets? GT has Killer Shot for death, Masei-sou and earth S shadoogs for stun, and poison is useless since burn and infection both do more in any case you'd want to use it.

Additionally, what bullet resistant enemy is also melee resistant and doesn’t have 2 targets that can’t be more effectively defeated with Killer Shot or Spinning Strike?

EDIT:

More on topic,

Just carry multiple weapons and switch them out as the previous one empties. It's really not a problem once you get used to it. Also I tend to carry different weapons depending on my mood. When I'm bored of my crossbows, I switch to machineguns; when I'm bored of sabers, I switch to daggers or claws.

There's no need to have a set pallet as there are a lot of ways to do the same thing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2007-10-12 08:12 ]</font>

IsoDonk
Oct 12, 2007, 10:08 AM
Hmm:

Fortetecher

Handgun or Kikami/Debuff wand // Third element rod
First element rod
Kikami/Wand (heals)
Second element rod
Bow
Buff rod

Protranser:

Melee Weapon (Sword. Spear, Knuckles)
Handgun/Saber
Shotgun
Bow
Grenade Launcher
Spare slot - usually filled with another bow

panzer_unit
Oct 12, 2007, 10:39 AM
Last night's palette (PT)

Ice Sword (grav break) w/ spare
Dark Sword (grav break) w/ spare
Laser Cannoc (phantasm) w/ spare
Handgun (fire) & Ice Rapier (spinning)
Bow (fire) - polas
Earth Knuckles (bogga zubba) w/ spare - polas

... I switched in grenades and bullet ele's (to dark) for the stateria area.