PDA

View Full Version : Item: GC vs. DC: Rare item drop frequency.

Average_Joe
Dec 31, 2002, 11:59 AM
Hey all, I'm a long time PSO player and a avid reader of this site, but up until now I had not felt the need to create an account. But something has been bugging me as of late, and I would like some feed back from fellow PSO'ers.

Has anyone noticed an increase of rare item drops in the GC version?

I have logged in my fair share of hours in the original DC versions, and while I found some good stuff here and there, it is nothing compared to my finds in this new GC version.

So far I'm only at level 92 with 85 hours, and these are some of the "rarer" items I have found:

3x Gobooma's Claw
3x Delsaber's Buster
2x S.Beat's Blade
2x Hildebear's Cane
Caduceus (My favorite, great Force weapon)
Photon Claw
Branch of Paku Paku
Custom Ray ver.00
Angry Fist
2x Guilty Light
Stag Cutlery
Silence Claw
3x Amplifier of Zonde
Amplifier of Gizonde
Amplifier of Foie
Amplifier of Gifoie
Amplifier of Rafioe
Devil/Battle
Addslot

(Same ID as well, Bluefull)

Now the thing that really got me thinking was finding a Stag Cutlery (which was fairly elusive in the DC versions then two seconds later finding a Silence Claw (equally elusive). What's the point of having rare items if they can be found this easily?

Has anyone else noticed this?

Or is it that I'm just a lucky guy?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Average_Joe on 2002-12-31 09:02 ]</font>

Kupi
Dec 31, 2002, 12:24 PM
The thing is, with the way it was on the DC your chances of getting a rare item where pretty much diddilysquat unless you considered a DB's Saber a "rare." You found those all the time. Now, the more common rares are a bit harder to find (though running across one is assured... at some point) and the rarer rares (ptooey) are a bit easier to wind up with. I happen to like this system, because now everything, even the common rares, have value.

Ghaleon
Dec 31, 2002, 12:51 PM
ya i definately like this system better than DC. in the DC version all i had was dbs sabers, dragonslayers, and plenty of rare mechguns. on GC ive found lots of better stuff. =( wish i could play online so i could trade some though.

Average_Joe
Dec 31, 2002, 01:05 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about finding all this great stuff, I just find the dramatic change to be rather surprising is all.

I found more rare stuff in 80 hours than I did in 400.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Average_Joe on 2002-12-31 10:05 ]</font>

Elysion
Dec 31, 2002, 01:45 PM
Btw, you're also lucky. =)