PDA

View Full Version : CAST Guntecher?

Nyreal
Oct 12, 2007, 01:04 AM
I've been doing alot of HSM lately, and I keep noticing something: I've been seeing lots and lots of female Cast Guntechers. And I'm wondering why. What are the benefits? Wouldn't their spells be horribly weak?

ShynForce
Oct 12, 2007, 01:15 AM
Well with GT its not really about the atk spells its about the support spells. Most people you see including me are just trying to get there GT to 10 to get rdy for the expansion when they will have lv30 support skills and lv40 bullets. Since buffs dont have nothing to do with TP you can solo very well and use lv40 bullets. As for resta at lv21 the resta will be strong enough to heal you fully with one or 2 restas even on a cast. F cast have more TP so they get more bang out there resta than a male cast.

Gen2000
Oct 12, 2007, 02:46 AM
Xbow + Resta Wand is the best support combo in the game hands down. If the TP Buff in AoI is good enough to let Caseals recover even 80% of their own or teammates health they will be a force to reckon with when it comes to team supporting (only beaten by aTs just because of the higher support tech cap alone) when you combine their ability to use great AoE SUVs like Blitz and Sturm Attacker on top of it.

panzer_unit
Oct 12, 2007, 04:17 PM
On 2007-10-11 23:15, ShynForce wrote:
F cast have more TP so they get more bang out there resta than a male cast.

Every TP counts on Cast and Beast GT's, with the low stat mod they don't hit A-rank wands until max level or something like that.

R2R_Crysaki
Oct 12, 2007, 07:56 PM
I think GT are really just for all the range weps, cant even use decent wands till a high lvl, only support spells would be of use. It's just my opinion

SolomonGrundy
Oct 12, 2007, 09:52 PM
well, let's put it this way: females have more TP/DFP/EVP/MST - if you are playing a job with techs why *not* get a boost?

Pillan
Oct 13, 2007, 09:02 AM
Let’s put it this way: AT has significantly less ATP than TP and a 10 level lower skill cap, yet it still ends up beating its techs with skills in many situations. GT, on the other hand, has less TP than ATP and a 20 level higher bullet cap. Level 20 techs have an implicit 30 percent element, which is around the same amount as level 30+ bullets. Plus bullets fire 2 to 3 times as fast as techs, always resulting in higher effects/time and usually resulting in higher damage/time. And all the effects that techs are useful for can be replaced by bullets or SUVs. Killer Shot beats Megid’s instant death, Masei-sou, S rank earth Shadoog, and Blitz Attacker stun just as fast as Nosdiga, and earth A rank shadoogs and Ascension Gift can poison.

The current GT’s techs are so weak that the real damage/time from a crossbow against a range resistant enemy is over double the Diga damage/time. Regardless of what race you play, your Diga and Resta damage is within 100 points when using the same weapon/unit/etc. Of course, the main advantage of non-Cast is being able to equip more than a 7 star wand at this point.

The new GT has its TP almost doubled, so the Newman advantage when using techs becomes more expressed (I’d estimate more like a 400 point difference in Resta and 300 points of Diga at their respective maxes; it’s Casts healing like half max HP though). But it still results in bullets doing more damage than techs because of the factors mentioned above. Then there’s also the ability to throw its ATP into the level 10 skills, such as Spinning Strike, Rising Strike, and Hikai Shuua-zan, and power them up with Just/Timed Attack. So, really, tech damage would only be most important against a single target melee and ranged resistant enemy with 1 target zone that has ice or lightning element or appears in swarms and can’t be killed faster with Killer Shot.

Given all that, there’s no way to argue that tech damage is required, making Cast GT just as good a choice as the others, if not better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2007-10-13 07:03 ]</font>

Mayu
Oct 13, 2007, 11:01 AM
Crossbow

PJ
Oct 13, 2007, 12:44 PM
Mmm, Cast GT.

It's like playing a crappy Cast Fortegunner! Go for it!

Kion
Oct 13, 2007, 02:08 PM
fortegunners usually have a pallet full of grinded 9* twin handguns anyway. i don't see much damage difference when i switch from GT (10) to FG (10) on occasion to level bullets. I see about a 15 damage increase per shot at best. Guntecher has a different play style from fortegunner, it's not a less powerful version of it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-10-13 12:10 ]</font>

Bitey
Oct 13, 2007, 03:30 PM
fortegunners usually have a pallet full of grinded 9* twin handguns anyway.

And every time I see this it makes me cry... Same goes for the full pallets of Phantoms... Because most Fortegunners on the Xbox 360 choose those pallets, I as a humble lvl 75/10 Guntecher almost always outdamage the lvl 90 something Fortegunners. It is quite sad really.

Faye-Faye
Oct 13, 2007, 03:58 PM
On 2007-10-13 12:08, Kion wrote:
fortegunners usually have a pallet full of grinded 9* twin handguns anyway.

Is this on the 36O server? I play on the PC/PS2 server, and I don't see it that much. Maybe I just don't pay attention? Seriously though; who'd want to do that? FGs (edit: and PTs) are the only ones that can use 'nade launchers! >:D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Faye-Faye on 2007-10-13 14:22 ]</font>

PJ
Oct 13, 2007, 04:02 PM
Them, and Protransers

Faye-Faye
Oct 13, 2007, 04:21 PM
On 2007-10-13 14:02, PJ wrote:
Them, and Protransers

Why do I always forget about the Protransers... Sorry, I'll go and edit that post. >.<

Kion
Oct 14, 2007, 03:31 AM
fortegunners on Ps2/pc went through a few phases from what i've seen. first there was nothing but twin handgun fan boys. then people reallized that mechguns had good DPS and crossbows were good for spreading SE. And everyone effectively became FG's posing as GT's.

it's not until recently with the announcement of AoI making fortegunner S rank completely broken that i've seen anyone start to make any decent use of their weapon selection. there are a few foretegunners that i've seen use the class to its full effectiveness from the outset of the game. and their rarity makes them awesome.

Theoderic
Oct 14, 2007, 03:53 AM
People rely too much on others before checking on things themselves. I always ask for assistance when I am torn between multiple choices, but I make sure I check it out first hand, so I can exchange opinions and ideas for better feedback rather than ask what I should do without having a mind of my own. If people could think like that, there wouldn't be the phases. Diga, Rifle, Twins, Crossbow, Double Saber, Axe... Just watch how popular AT will be. Sure AF can use Slicer/Shadoog combo the best, but with AT being able to use Whip/Shadoog or Whip/Madoog you can end up having a ton of versatility and possibilities for a class.

Wand/Madoog
Whip/Madoog
Whip/Shadoog
Wand/Shadoog

Twin Handgun (for anything ranged, use the 'JoaT' weapon)

Twin Dagger (for anything melee)

PA caps limit the class a little, but with the new AoI features, and with the stats of the class, expect this to be the new Fighgunner.

The point is, people are herd animals, and we follow trends. Spam Crimson Beast, spam Dulk Fakis, spam PSO areas... ST is the shepherd, and we are the sheep. We follow suit, even if they lead us to a pack of wolves.

XenithFlare
Oct 14, 2007, 08:01 AM
This has nothing to do with anything (well, except for GT's in general), but I did realize it earlier today while frantically trying to heal my team 230hp at a time with my GT while fighting Onmagoug...

A male GT with a Har/Quick would be HILARIOUS.

*resta* +4 - *resta* +4 *resta* +7 - *resta* +3 *resta* +9 - *resta* +4...

Like stutter-fire XD

(For those of you who inevitably won't get it, a Har/Quick would lower a Cast GT's tp to almost nothing)

Nyreal
Oct 14, 2007, 08:24 AM
On 2007-10-14 01:53, Theoderic wrote:
The point is, people are herd animals, and we follow trends. Spam Crimson Beast, spam Dulk Fakis, spam PSO areas... ST is the shepherd, and we are the sheep. We follow suit, even if they lead us to a pack of wolves.

Sigh... I don't want to see my precious PSO levels abused by some newbs who will end up going, "PSO? lolz wut dat."

Pillan
Oct 14, 2007, 10:19 AM
On 2007-10-14 06:01, XenithFlare wrote:
(For those of you who inevitably won't get it, a Har/Quick would lower a Cast GT's tp to almost nothing)

Double TP on the class plus Cast base TP increased from 50% of Newman to 60% and the Resta healing modifier practically doubled from the extra 20 levels... Yeah, Har/Quick doesn’t seem like such a bad option with all that taken into consideration.

Just have to wait a month before those conditions are all satisfied.

Bitey
Oct 14, 2007, 11:25 AM
A Har / Quick would lower heals by about 50 points on a Guntecher. A Newman GT with a Har / Quick would still have more TP than any race eithout a Har / Quick, a human would still have more than a Beast or CAST, a Beast would only be slightly lower than CAST, and a CAST would still be the worse.

Although a Har / Quick is not really necessary for Resta spamming, a Me / Quick does the job fine, I am personally grabbing a Har / Quick during 1-up to spam Giresta instead of Resta.

Pillan
Oct 14, 2007, 11:47 AM
Actually, that one isn’t true. Because GT’s TP mod is so ridiculously low, A Newman GT with Har/Quick heals about as much as a human with no unit and a human with it heals slightly less than a Cast with no unit (assuming they’re using the same wand, of course; taking the current max wand rank into consideration, humans are a bit better off). Beast and Cast suffer horribly just because low healing -50 is even lower healing.

Don’t forget the relationship between TP and MST is nothing like the other stats. Beast TP/MST isn’t much more than Cast (like 100 more with the 144% TP mod of fT) and human TP is like half way between Cast and Newman and their MST isn’t much higher than Beast. Newman has a ridiculously high jump in those 2 stats even when compared to human.

And, yeah, we have the same plan it seems. Worst case scenario, I can spam EP S2 while skill leveling to 40 as FG after AoI comes out.

XenithFlare
Oct 14, 2007, 12:41 PM
<_<; Joke missed... Somehow I'm not understanding how having -100 tp would only lower Resta healing by 50 points. That would leave my GT with... ~60tp. I can't imagine 60tp healing ~200hp. Not post-AoI. NOW.

Using a me/quick alone my healing drops from 231 to about 160... >_>;

Kion
Oct 14, 2007, 12:55 PM
that's why sori / tech or sori /force is a worth while item for GT's to search after. wands are pretty fast anyways, so it's better to do one or two casts healing for more, so you can get back to business. a GT with har / quick would be like haveing a pesky monomate running around your party.

the only reason to get har / quick would be for tech leveling or support techs. i can imagine someone's macro would be: "casting all eight support techs faster than you can say 'buffs'."

Dragwind
Oct 14, 2007, 01:48 PM
Oh stfu with the arguing you poor souls.

Pillian's post on page 1- agreed.

amtalx
Oct 14, 2007, 02:09 PM
On 2007-10-14 10:41, XenithFlare wrote:
<_<; Joke missed... Somehow I'm not understanding how having -100 tp would only lower Resta healing by 50 points. That would leave my GT with... ~60tp. I can't imagine 60tp healing ~200hp. Not post-AoI. NOW.

HAHA!

GT + Har / Quick = Zeromate

Pillan
Oct 14, 2007, 02:16 PM
On 2007-10-14 10:41, XenithFlare wrote:

Are you sure you weren't replacing your Me/Quick with a unit that raises TP? Resta 10 heals your HP by about half your TP, so it really should be a -50 drop for Har.

Bitey
Oct 14, 2007, 02:31 PM
I know that right now on my Female Newman Wartecher, switching between a Cometara and a Majimra lowers my Resta lvl 20 by 50-60 points. The two have a 100 something TP difference if I remember correctly. I know my attack techs get lowered by 50 as well. I figured it would dtay that if a Har / Quick was thrown in the mix. Perhaps they changed the calculation formula?

It has also been about a month or two since I have played my Wartecher.

Syl
Oct 15, 2007, 04:36 AM
Sori/TECH Charge is your friend. LVL 10 techs aren't going to drain your PP. Caseal GT CAN support a team, cept buffwise >_>

Healing for ~750 isn't so bad if you learn how manage w/ it.

Edit: If you're going to play Caseal GT, be sure to have high-grind Cometeras too (or just wait it out until AoI)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SylviaEspada on 2007-10-15 02:46 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Oct 15, 2007, 12:49 PM
What level do you hve to be to use Cometara's? I'm level 83, and caseal GT 10, and I STILL can't equip them.

Pillan
Oct 15, 2007, 02:04 PM
Level 90 exactly.

XenithFlare
Oct 15, 2007, 05:13 PM
Pretty sure it was a Me/Quick. Usually I have a Sta/Mind equipped, and my resta heals about 231 (most common number I see when healing myself). I equipped the Quick, and suddenly the tp drop lowered the number to anywhere from 160 to 188. Pretty sure I didn't imagine it; I'd been doing runs all day, that day.

Having a STC equipped; however, raised that number to almost 400. =D That was pretty fun, while it lasted.

Alpha-Hunter
Oct 17, 2007, 09:37 AM
I just got a STC for my LV 68 Male Cast GT. Heals went from 300 (324-335 w/ buff) to 450 (500-515 w/ buff) with a B wand+9, lol. If I could get to 700 hp pre AOI i'd be happy. Had asperations to aquire some Kotoha's but that won't help much, lol. Still fun class but having resta that's useless is VERY frustrating.

As a hybrid support class who can't nuke you so badly want to help support and do damage as best you can. But it seems like nothing you do besides reverser is good enough support wise. TP and Support lv boost will be a godsent. I can't wait til AOI for my GT!!!!

chibiLegolas
Oct 17, 2007, 10:41 AM
Well, often enough, if I hang back with the FT when using my long range guns, I'm often supporting them while they're busy nuke'n. Everyone else tends to be too far away for my resta range anyway, so they rely on themselves at times.

Whenever up close with the hunters, you can imagine our resta is mostly used to buy them time to eat some mates.

SolomonGrundy
Oct 17, 2007, 01:14 PM
On 2007-10-17 08:41, chibiLegolas wrote:

Whenever up close with the hunters, you can imagine our resta is mostly used to buy them time to eat some mates.

it's the range that screws you. level 10 resta range is juuuust a bit to shallow to get to the hunter in time for dambarta death (the most common form of hunters getting killed, I find). Let's face it, you are NOT going to run up to a hunter fighting sworded govarhas and risk a 400 HP resta.

Kion
Oct 18, 2007, 10:13 AM
and hunters shouldn't risk their ass for 400 resta either. once i retreated a bit in Mad Beasts to heal myself (350), and a FF stands next to me to catch casts of resta so he wouldn't have to use a mate. cause he had drawn aggro from a jarba, it shot megid at him which i saw just in time, but it hit him right in the back of the head with a one-hit KO. >.<

so yeah; only try to help with resta if it heals for more than a diamate. other than that; cast anti or debuffs in your in the area until we get level 30 support.

panzer_unit
Oct 18, 2007, 10:55 AM
lol! unless that hunter was me.