PDA

View Full Version : My arm is numb.

Nyreal
Oct 12, 2007, 04:46 AM
It's so weird. While playing PSU, my arm suddenly became uncomfortable and numb. I shifted positions (my laptop was on my stomach, so I sat up) and the numbness didn't stop.

This might have something to do with the fact that I've been playing for five hours now, but I think it also has something to do with the way I play: since there's no timing, I tend to just mash on the keys really quickly. So I think I might have overexerted a muscle or something.

It hurts to type, as well. Any opinions, PSOW?

DizzyDi
Oct 12, 2007, 08:21 AM
Stop playing video games and go outside.

SabZero
Oct 12, 2007, 08:32 AM
Numbness is more like a clamped nerv. do some careful exercises and if it doesn't get better in a couple hours, see a physician.

Banish
Oct 12, 2007, 09:52 AM
If your arms are uncomfortable and numb, give them a good massage. Try to limit at least an hour or two when you play for now.

Rainbowlemon
Oct 12, 2007, 11:01 AM
Yeah, exercise definitely sounds like a good idea. Don't want to end up getting a blood clot :S

Nyreal
Oct 12, 2007, 05:01 PM
I get plenty of exercise. I work out twice a week and I run daily. It's not like I'm a total fatass. XD

Thanks for the advice, though. I think I'll just take breaks. I doubt that massive grind fests are good for me anyway.

McLaughlin
Oct 12, 2007, 05:49 PM
I randomly lose control of my left arm, which sucks because I'm a lefty. It just kinda falls limply ti my side. Then, when I can feel it, it really hurts.

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 12, 2007, 06:31 PM
You need more food in your system as well as exercise.