PDA

View Full Version : Is Red Ring Rico Dead or Alive?

Banish
Oct 12, 2007, 10:18 AM
I believe she dies. Since, she was used as a host, and when Dark Falz Dies, she dies. But, in the URAENDING Credits on Ultimate, it shows her returning to The Principal, in one scene. Or is that her ghost...? Scarlet spirit.

Also, if you somehow hacked a DARK weapon, and defeated Dark Falz w/it equipped, you can see Rico's Spirit (similar to the RED weapon w/Olga Flow, you can see Flwoen if you equip a RED weapon, later on multimode you can see the spirit of Flowen) on multiplayer, when you revisit the ???? Area. Another reason why she might be a ghostly hero.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb236/souleaterban/untitled.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Banish on 2007-10-12 11:56 ]</font>

DC_PLAYER
Oct 12, 2007, 10:37 AM
http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/3896/edu256pict10na0.pnghttp://img444.imageshack.us/img444/918/edu256pict11np4.png

well you relese the spirit, then the spirit returns to his body.
i remind you that when dark falz entered rico's body he knew that a ship was arriving and programed all machines to attack any hunter that comes to the mines, after that maybe dark falz abandoned the body somewhere in ragol, the spirit returns to the body and then she apears in front of the principal.
since you defeated dark falz, the zone is free, when you return to the death zone, rico free spirit will be there, maybe at the time the spirit didn't return to the body yet....

DuRaL
Oct 12, 2007, 12:37 PM
as far as i know, Flowen and Rico die in an explosion which creats Endu (from PSO III)

however, i'm not 100% sure.. the URAENDING indeed shows her returning.. well, strange >_>

KEI-HUNTER
Oct 12, 2007, 12:43 PM
There's something I noticed in the picture of Rico returning to Pioneer2...She doesn't have her ring(She always wears it,on her left hand).

...*Shrug*

Jaspaller
Oct 12, 2007, 12:49 PM
PSO Ep3 reveals that Rico doesn't die or fly out like that. Apparently Falz (and Flow) both are very much alive and keep coming back. They fuse together through some events and leave behind Endu and the Germ.

DC_PLAYER
Oct 12, 2007, 01:25 PM
On 2007-10-12 10:37, DuRaL wrote:
as far as i know, Flowen and Rico die in an explosion which creats Endu (from PSO III)

however, i'm not 100% sure.. the URAENDING indeed shows her returning.. well, strange >_>

uraending does not have her returning, the pics are from ultimate ending....

Banish
Oct 12, 2007, 04:54 PM
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb236/souleaterban/PSO_RedRingRico.jpg

Well... Heroes may disappear, but then a new hero is born. Which is your PSO Hunter being the newborne hero/ine. The next hero has already been born.

Nyreal
Oct 12, 2007, 05:04 PM
That's beautiful. Yes, Flowen and Rico are gone... But, we saved them. So in a way, we're the new legendary hunter.

Banish
Oct 12, 2007, 05:09 PM
It's kind of a shame the next Hero of Ragol is not famous... only a couple NPCs/The Lab on Pioneer 2 know of the good work the hunter has accomplished. It was best to let the truth slowly seep in, it seems... or to hide it.

zero-kokojan
Oct 12, 2007, 11:21 PM
well i say if rico couldn't kill flaz and i did then i am the new hero =)

Sinue_v2
Oct 17, 2007, 03:14 PM
You're not a legendary hero because you didn't defeat Dark Falz. You were one of many who managed to fight him off, but you couldn't defeat him. Nor could you defeat Heithcliff Flowen. They eventually had to defeat each other, and your character likely isn't even around for the final battle against the GERM. At least, you're not the one actually on the battlefield.

Of course, that's going by Ep III - which was convoluted and contradictory. Heithcliff makes explicit mention of the "Savior of the Red Captive Child", when in Ep III they elude that she was never saved.

In any case, this has been discussed to death and the general consensus is that Rico is dead. Her spirit may or may not have visited her father after her release, but that's generally dismissed as just fanservice. Ultimately, Rico's fate is left up to the player to decide. Although her lack of presence or mention (except in the past tense) in Ep II (which occurs 3 months after Pioneer 2 entered orbit) is particularly telling.

zero-kokojan
Oct 17, 2007, 03:49 PM
On 2007-10-17 13:14, Sinue_v2 wrote:
You're not a legendary hero because you didn't defeat Dark Falz. You were one of many who managed to fight him off, but you couldn't defeat him. Nor could you defeat Heithcliff Flowen. They eventually had to defeat each other, and your character likely isn't even around for the final battle against the GERM. At least, you're not the one actually on the battlefield.

Of course, that's going by Ep III - which was convoluted and contradictory. Heithcliff makes explicit mention of the "Savior of the Red Captive Child", when in Ep III they elude that she was never saved.

In any case, this has been discussed to death and the general consensus is that Rico is dead. Her spirit may or may not have visited her father after her release, but that's generally dismissed as just fanservice. Ultimately, Rico's fate is left up to the player to decide. Although her lack of presence or mention (except in the past tense) in Ep II (which occurs 3 months after Pioneer 2 entered orbit) is particularly telling.

its really sad that u would go so deep into this

Sinue_v2
Oct 17, 2007, 03:54 PM
And your point is?

Splash
Oct 17, 2007, 08:03 PM
On 2007-10-17 13:49, zero-kokojan wrote:
its really sad that u would go so deep into this

lmao at you. Probably you don't even know how deep the story actually goes. That is just a very tiny portion of the entire story.

Ranmaru
Oct 17, 2007, 08:58 PM
Ultimately, Rico's fate is left up to the player to decide. Although her lack of presence or mention (except in the past tense) in Ep II (which occurs 3 months after Pioneer 2 entered orbit) is particularly telling.

I agree that her death would really depend on what the player assumes, how the story reflects on them. (I don't know if what I meant to say came out, hope you understand)

Splash, what do you mean? Do you mean Episodes 1,2, and 3? Or are there more that are on other consoles, because if so, I will buy them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

AlexCraig
Oct 17, 2007, 09:28 PM
On 2007-10-17 13:14, Sinue_v2 wrote:

So, effectively there are two outcomes. The Ep2 outcome, where you save Rico (according to Flowen), and the Ep3 outcome, where she dies (according to whatever your source was).

Sinue_v2
Oct 18, 2007, 03:01 AM
The Ep2 outcome, where you save Rico (according to Flowen), and the Ep3 outcome, where she dies (according to whatever your source was).

Well, just because you save someone, doesn't necessarily mean that they live. By being Rico's "savior", Heithcliff could have meant that by killing her body which Falz was using as a corporeal anchor, you freed her soul from the torment and allowed her peace in death. Although, as said, her fate is ultimately up to the player to decide.

As for the latter scenario, she doesn't so much as die in the clash between Olga and Falz as she is "transformed". Her and Flowen's souls merge into a new body, that of Endu. In a way, Endu is their child born out of tragedy - and their souls guide and protect him. Source is PSO Ep III.

AlexCraig
Oct 18, 2007, 09:47 PM
Ah. Well I am not that far in 3 yet. The whole story got confusing for me there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif
But I get what you mean. I guess that is why I prefer ep1 and 2 more http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Splash
Oct 19, 2007, 08:36 PM
On 2007-10-17 18:58, Ranmaru wrote:
I agree that her death would really depend on what the player assumes, how the story reflects on them. (I don't know if what I meant to say came out, hope you understand)

Splash, what do you mean? Do you mean Episodes 1,2, and 3? Or are there more that are on other consoles, because if so, I will buy them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

No, I mean Episode 1, 2, 3, and 4. The story is that complex that it takes a series of 4 episodes in order to even tell it. Episode 4 goes greatly in depth on the earlier events, as well as solve some unanswered questions not presented in the pre-episodes.