PDA

View Full Version : my mag went all stupid...

xplicitxwOotz
Dec 31, 2002, 02:54 PM
ok i thought my mag was cool all way up to vhard, because it was causing major damage like 8oo to 9oo or maybe even 1ooo+, but as i went into ultimate, my mag just became powerless. it was hitting around 1oo or maybe even 84?!?! i thought it was just how ult is really really tough to start out with, buh i was wrong. i stopped playing in ult since i kept on dying and started playing with my uncle in vhard since he started a new character and to level up. i knew that i was going to kill every single daymn thing with my photon blast, buh the same thing happen, it was hitting them around 1oo. i also remember going to hard temples to find some rares, and the same thing happen again. so i dunt kno wassup with my mag. is there something wrong? maybe because i stopped feeding it? i dunt know anymore, so can please anyone help me with my problem?...

pixelate
Dec 31, 2002, 03:04 PM
Ultimate has that name for a reason. No, your mag didn't break or go gimpy on you. Ultimate mode is meant to be tough. Try leveling up before hitting Ult.

neko-chan
Dec 31, 2002, 03:05 PM
Both MAG's synchro and your character ATP determine the damage caused by photon blasts.

I can only guess that, maybe >_> , you died few times in Ult and your MAG lost few points of its synchro.

Makaze
Dec 31, 2002, 03:07 PM
You may want to look at the Synchro and IQ of your mag as well. If they are really low, then that could be why. Same thing happened to me too. but after feeding it some star atomizers and raising it's Synch and IQ...it's back to it's normal self.

TeamPhalanx
Dec 31, 2002, 05:27 PM
Mag special attacks are elemental-based, so it just may be that whatever PB attacked you used, the enemies had a high resistance.

Dyras
Dec 31, 2002, 05:31 PM
The damage is reduce quite a bit though, my dolphin blast went from 1-2k down to 900 at level 200

just make sure you hit most of the targets at that point so it does the best damage overall

JianaSparks
Jan 1, 2003, 04:25 PM
Don't worry...same thing happened to me with my mag. It's because the syncro keeps getting lowered. I always put my mag in the bank b/c going in the lobby lowers it by 5%...but I didn't know that dying lowered it. =/ I was wondering why my synch was going down so much in Ult Seabed. ^_^

cbearfei
Jan 3, 2003, 07:30 PM
Hehe, don't worry, I'm still helping my mag after I ran through seabed in Ultimate. I did fine surviving the level since I stayed back and froze everyone with my rifle but my poor Rukimin!!! Went from 120 Synch to ZERO because of Olga Flow. (And he wouldn't stop picking on me when he was transforming people into Flowen)

rena-ko
Jan 4, 2003, 10:15 AM
hm... -5% sync when leaving a game? it was like this with the dreamcast version... i thought they exchanged it with the -5% when dieing...
please correct me, since this is kinda important...

Tartare
Jan 4, 2003, 04:12 PM
you're right, i don't lose synch with my mag equipped when i leave games. it only happens when i die.