PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question - you might get a laugh out of this (PC)

Gunslinger-08
Oct 13, 2007, 04:24 PM
I asked this on the tech forum, but I'm feeling impatient, so here goes: I just started playing online today, but I have no clue how to text chat. I don't have the manual with me. And now I've opened up windows I can't close and I'm getting frustrated. Can anyone give me the basics of text chatting?

Rizen
Oct 13, 2007, 04:26 PM
Well, first to begin chatting, press Space bar. You will see a little box appear on the right side of the screen.

If you want to talk in party, put # before the message.

Mayu
Oct 13, 2007, 04:26 PM
Press Space bar

F-Gattaca
Oct 13, 2007, 04:28 PM
On 2007-10-13 14:24, Gunslinger-08 wrote:
I asked this on the tech forum, but I'm feeling impatient, so here goes: I just started playing online today, but I have no clue how to text chat. I don't have the manual with me. And now I've opened up windows I can't close and I'm getting frustrated. Can anyone give me the basics of text chatting?

Typically all you need to do is hit the space bar to activate the text message window.

To switch between talking to your party or to the public (in lobbies, outposts and cities) use the F8/F9 keys. F8 is for Public, F9 is for Party. Using these keys also shows the backlog for that specific mode of chat.

You can type # before your message to make it party specific if you'd rather not mess with the Party/Public modes.

Gunslinger-08
Oct 13, 2007, 04:37 PM
Thank you! I feel retarded, but I'm glad I know now. Thanks again.

February
Oct 13, 2007, 04:38 PM
Don't feel bad, it took a friend of mine a day to figure that out too.

Nyreal
Oct 13, 2007, 04:39 PM
I didn't know how to speak at first... Then I remembered Blue Burst.

DanMalak
Oct 13, 2007, 04:41 PM
lol, it's ok. I remember when I came back from after I "quit" i was still guntecher and i was in a mission with this one other guy, and he supposadly just came back also. and we spent like 10 minutes trying to change our wepons from our palletes... but after pressing every button on my keyboard, i found out how. That silly "e" key hiding up in the corner...

Zabrio
Oct 13, 2007, 05:23 PM
1 thing i am wondering is how do they make those dice appear in chat

if it involves the whole alt ### what is the number for it

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 13, 2007, 05:34 PM
You can always edit your buttons by first starting up the Phantasy Star Universe menu then going into "options." From there you can edit your Keyboard Settings upon which button activates what.

Xencia
Oct 13, 2007, 05:53 PM
If you use a controller and would rather not press space,just set the control type to controller in the options and you can just type without hitting space.

stukasa
Oct 13, 2007, 06:03 PM
If you're interested in 'spicing up' your chats, try some of the macros found here (http://psupedia.info/Chat_Macros). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Dragwind
Oct 14, 2007, 02:00 PM
I had the same problem when I switched over to my cousin's laptop. I forgot how to type, and play the game with the kb. lulz.