PDA

View Full Version : two gameplay rumors I heard today

SolomonGrundy
Oct 14, 2007, 03:28 AM
1. Kubara melee weapons do 20% MORE damage with a ultimate photon art linked to them (a hidden bonus).

2. some of the new ultimate pa's (the new dagger one, for example), is 'armor piercing' (ignores DFP).

Can anyone confirm or disprove either of these?

mvffin
Oct 14, 2007, 03:45 AM
1. I have hishou equipped to my al dagac, and it doesnt do that much more than moubu does. (10 dmg)

2. hikai does half damage to robots as it does to humans in the train mission.

stop listening to the hsm whores.

Kion
Oct 14, 2007, 09:55 AM
some kubara weapon have better stats that allows more better usuage of ultimate photon arts. specifically higher PP compacity and refresh rate that allows more usage, and with the generally high atp modifier on ultimate PA's, the PA itself will make up for the lower atp of the kubara weapon. So depending on how kubara and ultimate PA's are linked and used; they can have higher damage output (ex. Gudda Brebacs have high ATA and almost every hit lands even on beast fortefighter, making for more damage over all).

But all melee kubara weapons suffer the -10% on PA's, there's no getting around that.

Bitey
Oct 14, 2007, 11:41 AM
2. hikai does half damage to robots as it does to humans in the train mission.

I am not supporting the rumor, but your point does not prove anything. Bows, which do pierce defenses, always does half damage to bullet resistant enemies. Machines in the train run missions will always half bullet and melee damage, even Bows, regardless if the weapon/PA pierces defense or not because PA resistance is not a form of defense.

Anyway, the best way to test rumor number two would be to test damage against Sleeping Warriors C Badira and then up the rank to A, S, or S2 and note the difference. If the PA truely peirces defense then there will not be a difference in damage numbers.

Also works for Lab Recovery or any mission with Badira. Badira have a weird defense growth that starts out low but crawls pretty high at later levels.

panzer_unit
Oct 14, 2007, 02:59 PM
I tested the kubara weapon / ultimate PA idea. Big "no" there.

Mayu
Oct 14, 2007, 03:03 PM
On 2007-10-14 01:28, SolomonGrundy wrote:
1. Kubara melee weapons do 20% MORE damage with a ultimate photon art linked to them (a hidden bonus).

2. some of the new ultimate pa's (the new dagger one, for example), is 'armor piercing' (ignores DFP).

Can anyone confirm or disprove either of these?

1: No - All kubara are 10% Penalty regardless PA damage
2: No

Only bows from what I know Ignores DFP of any mob

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mayu on 2007-10-14 13:03 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Oct 14, 2007, 03:15 PM
I tested spinning strike. Does not appear to be be armor peircing. It was that first rumor that really got to me. It *almost*seemed to make sense...

mizukage
Oct 14, 2007, 08:15 PM
These two relating to Kubara gear and PAs sound very similar to that idea of humans getting hoverboards at LV50, while Newmans get to summon vahras at LV30. I actually like the hoverboard idea, but its not on AOI. So, I doubt the idea of Kubara gears getting hidden bonus stats would occur.

Zorafim
Oct 15, 2007, 01:57 PM
I can understand where the armor piercing thing came from. Final PAs with high atp modifiers can seem like they're piercing due to them overwhelming enemy defense.

SStrikerR
Oct 16, 2007, 04:38 PM
On 2007-10-14 01:45, mvffin wrote:

stop listening to the hsm whores.

hsm= high school musical.

dont listen to dem asswhores

i made that up

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryan113 on 2007-10-16 14:38 ]</font>

lethe
Oct 19, 2007, 08:43 AM
As a bionic sonic the hedgehog reject cast dagger ultimate PA spammer, i can say that it does not negate defense like a bow does