PDA

View Full Version : PSO on Wii ware?!?!?!?!?!?!

PSOWii
Oct 16, 2007, 03:39 AM
A source told me that you will eventually be able to download PSO Ep.1-2 on Nintendo's Wii ware section. Also it will work with Wii WiFi. Stay Posted for more info and confirmation.

Saphion
Oct 16, 2007, 04:18 AM
I would freaking love that but I fail to see how the Wii's small flash drive could possibly hold something that big.

I really feel SEGA is missing the boat with the whole PSO on Wii thing.

amtalx
Oct 16, 2007, 06:44 AM
I'm skeptical...would be nice though.

Jaspaller
Oct 16, 2007, 10:06 AM
A patch could happen but there is no point in it. Sega's servers are down for good. Even if they decide to add a patch, the best they could do is private servers, and I'm sure that's not in Sega's best interest.

kevlar_pso
Oct 16, 2007, 12:01 PM
Get back to work Jas. l0l I see you have leveled up your RAmar. Congrats. > Jaspaller.

Jaspaller
Oct 16, 2007, 12:38 PM
Hey, I'm hard at work >_>

Actually, I leveled up the last time we did Max Attack I think. That's got to be at least a month ago. How nice of you to notice now lolo

PSOWii
Oct 16, 2007, 02:11 PM
They are making Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles for Wii ware, so why wouldn't anyone think PSO Ep.1-2 for Wii would be too big of a file?! The file is going to be changed a little for Wii ware just like when it was moved from Dreamcast to Gamecube. There were plenty of changes from the Dreamcast version to the Gamecube version including putting both Ep.1-2 on one disc.

Phaze37
Oct 16, 2007, 05:13 PM
PSO is not coming out for Wii, and you're stupid if you think it's even a possibility.

Wii is far more likely to get PSU than PSO, but the chances of Wii getting PSU are very slim too.

X9-305
Oct 17, 2007, 06:18 PM
On 2007-10-16 02:18, Saphion wrote:
I would freaking love that but I fail to see how the Wii's small flash drive could possibly hold something that big.

I really feel SEGA is missing the boat with the whole PSO on Wii thing.

i too see a prob with the small flash drive but that's what 1-5G memory cards are for http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I also wonder if it will be free.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: X9-305 on 2007-10-17 16:19 ]</font>

koop
Oct 17, 2007, 07:01 PM
on 2007-10-17 16:18,x9-305 wrote
on 2007-10-16,saphion wrote:
i would freaking love that but i failto see how wii's small flash drive could
possibly hold something that big.

i really feel sega is missing the boat with the whole pso on wii thing.

demon lvl 70 greenill humar
justin lvl 86 oran humar
gardian lvl 41 redria humar

geuss what i like humar

Genoa
Oct 20, 2007, 03:02 AM
On 2007-10-16 15:13, Phaze37 wrote:
PSO is not coming out for Wii, and you're stupid if you think it's even a possibility.

Wii is far more likely to get PSU than PSO, but the chances of Wii getting PSU are very slim too.

1. They stated perhaps it's coming out, you state is ISN'T coming out, show us your source

2. PSU on Wii would be a challenge to try and make compatible. I can practically guarantee you that it isn't coming out for Wii seeing the expansion is already set for PC/PS2/Xbox360. If they didn't remake it for a PS3 version there's basically no way they would make it for Wii. Besides, that would be an entirely different company to bring online, having to use their own server protection and what not, then making it link with either PC/PS2 or Xbox360 servers... OR not link at all and fail because the population would be so low... Too messy.

Jaspaller
Oct 22, 2007, 10:49 AM
On 2007-10-20 01:02, MegamanX wrote:

1. They stated perhaps it's coming out, you state is ISN'T coming out, show us your source

2. PSU on Wii would be a challenge to try and make compatible. I can practically guarantee you that it isn't coming out for Wii seeing the expansion is already set for PC/PS2/Xbox360. If they didn't remake it for a PS3 version there's basically no way they would make it for Wii. Besides, that would be an entirely different company to bring online, having to use their own server protection and what not, then making it link with either PC/PS2 or Xbox360 servers... OR not link at all and fail because the population would be so low... Too messy.

Where is this source saying that it WILL come out? I haven't seen a single shred of proof here yet except people talking about it.

PSU on the Wii wouldn't happen. I'm sure he's just stating that Sega would rather invest time and resources into something new, rather than something old even if it is a small task.

zandra117
Oct 22, 2007, 10:19 PM
Its kind of obvious that he's spreading false rumors, I mean look at his account name, he probably made it just to be a rumor monger.

Banish
Oct 23, 2007, 10:27 AM
Sorry, no chance for having PSO on Wii. All I know is that this is just a rumor going around.

PSO for the GC Version cannot be played on the Wii. 100% sure the playing PSO Online does not work on Wii, when trying to play Online, it will claim that there is no broadband adaptor installed.

kizu
Oct 23, 2007, 02:26 PM
although i would love pso on wii/ wii ware, there is just no proof anywhere. ive looked but nada. as for pso GC, the most you can do is offline, i think

Getintothegame
Oct 23, 2007, 05:01 PM
On 2007-10-23 12:26, kizu wrote:
as for pso GC, the most you can do is offline, i think

This is true while on the Wii. The Wifi does not work with PSO.

@OP: Please do not spread rumors. If you have a source, please post it. (Mind you, don't forget that PSOGC was over a whopping 800mb. Wii's internal memory is 512mb, if my memory serves me correctly.)

zentetsua
Oct 23, 2007, 07:00 PM
yeah i would love 2 see it b there but there's no chance of it. o yeah getintothegame it does have 512mb.

PSOWii
Oct 25, 2007, 02:22 AM
Actually a 512 MB SD card equals about 4000 blocks, the Wii internal memory carries only about 2500 on start up.

The PSO for Wii is more like a link not a full game, that link goes to a server that lets you play PSO EP.1-2 online (ONLINE ONLY). So the file size is small compared to the entire game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PSOWii on 2007-10-25 00:27 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 25, 2007, 10:13 AM
And what server is this meant to connect to? PSOGC's servers don't even remain in Japan.

Dragwind
Oct 27, 2007, 10:40 PM
Lol...they would not do that. No profit unless they advertised the hell out of it and gave us ep I II III and IIII.

Udkedae
Oct 27, 2007, 11:47 PM
First of all...why are you posting this? It's impossible to think PSO or PSU would make it for the Wii, that's just wishful speaking from you.
Besides those two games don't fit in the Wii's structure; the first thought from me was the controller...how can you possibly pull PSO/PSU movements for the Wii-mote?

On 2007-10-23 08:27, Banish wrote:
Sorry, no chance for having PSO on Wii. All I know is that this is just a rumor going around.

PSO for the GC Version cannot be played on the Wii. 100% sure the playing PSO Online does not work on Wii, when trying to play Online, it will claim that there is no broadband adapter installed.

Jackpot! You still have to istall the GCN broadband/modem adaptor to play on Wii. The Wii'sconnection doesn't work for the game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif [it's just stupid to try it]

mizukage
Oct 28, 2007, 02:15 AM
On 2007-10-27 21:47, Udkedae wrote:
how can you possibly pull PSO/PSU movements for the Wii-mote?

http://iam.colum.edu/gameculturewatch/uploaded_images/wii_standard_controller-702039.jpg

VioletSkye
Oct 28, 2007, 01:35 PM
Or maybe:
http://media.arstechnica.com/staff/fatbits.media/gc-controller.jpg
Since it has GC Controller ports http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

But yeah, we aren't going to see any PSO on the Wii aside from popping in your GC PSO disc.

Udkedae
Oct 30, 2007, 02:34 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif I didn't mean it that way! I was saying Wii-mote not Classic and GCN Controller.

Besides PSO and PSU weren't made for the Wii and making a version for it would suck.

DoubleJG
Oct 30, 2007, 08:23 PM
@OP : Link or stop talking.

Out_Kast
Oct 31, 2007, 03:09 PM
On 2007-10-30 18:23, DoubleJG3288 wrote:

Ha ha!
Sorry, I just thought this deserved a 'well said!' http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
Most of the people on this particular forum already have a copy of PSO, so why would they need another?
It's a comforting idea, but...

kevlar_pso
Nov 6, 2007, 03:53 PM
I know a solution to this, sorta. Add Dreamcast to the disk channel.

DanMalak
Nov 6, 2007, 05:06 PM
On 2007-10-31 13:09, Out_Kast wrote:

On 2007-10-30 18:23, DoubleJG3288 wrote:

Ha ha!
Sorry, I just thought this deserved a 'well said!' http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
Most of the people on this particular forum already have a copy of PSO, so why would they need another?
It's a comforting idea, but...

I lost my disc for pso I & II for the GC, and ep III, I think I still have the memory card though, but having pso on the wii would be sick if they managed to pull it off. So for now I play psu/psobb on the pc

D1ABOLIK
Nov 12, 2007, 03:08 AM
Wii owners are already lucky cause PSO for GC is already compatible with it.Im a 360 owner and the xbox version of PSO wont even run on it.Only game i want backwards compatible and one game they will probably never make backwards compatible.

________
VAPORIZERS (http://twitter.com/vaporizer)

Illywei
Nov 19, 2007, 06:34 PM
Meh...I love pso and and all....and would really love to see it on the Wii. But i just dont see it happening.

ashaz
Nov 24, 2007, 09:52 AM

for all we know there could be a possibility of them making a new phantasy star game entirely just for the wii, or ds even

PSOWii
Nov 26, 2007, 12:34 AM
If SEGA makes another PSO they need to go back to there PSO Ep.1-2 roots. PSU felt more like it was made by some other team other than Sonic Team. I personally hated PSU. I BEAT PSU in 45 hrs. going though easily. After 5 years of on/off playing I still don't have everything I want on that game. I am (PSO Faithful).

PSOWii
Nov 26, 2007, 12:41 AM
I herd a rumor that PSO Ep.1,2,3,and 4 are going to be on one disc for Wii. (This is a rumor and unconfirmed info). But I want to get the publics opinion.