PDA

View Full Version : Dark Satelite sucks

st4rk
Oct 16, 2007, 12:52 PM
Okay so I just got this game 3 days ago and I'm level 10 now. I read that Dark Satelite is a good place to go when you're lvl 10.

I managed to solo the entire place, but I must have used 15 dimates and I died once. Took FOREVER to kill some of the mosters. I was a hunter, then I switched to ranger so I wouldn't take so much damage. But my stupid rifle only does 50 dmg per shot, so it can take a long time to kill some of the monsters there.

Is this normal? Or am I doing something wrong? I tried to get a party for Her Secret Mission, but it was a barren wasteland there.

JAFO22000
Oct 16, 2007, 12:54 PM
Join a party. It makes things MUCH easier for lower level characters.

Konstanse_Xx
Oct 16, 2007, 12:55 PM
You really seem like you have a brain and can actually dodge stuff in the game.

Try going to True Darkness, hitch a party ride there(make a game called to TD or summet and do HIVE with a full party)

I was able to get 4 minute runs with a (high leveled) friend there, which means a crap load of exp XD

CelestialBlade
Oct 16, 2007, 01:00 PM
Dark Satellite isn't easy to solo at level 10.

st4rk
Oct 16, 2007, 01:04 PM
Yeah I'd love to group with people, but it seems like the servers are always dead when I play (PC Version).

I'm also not sure how most people feel when a level 10 joins a game where the monsters are 25+. Do people care? I mean I don't care about drops or anything, just want to level up and stuff http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The thing that bugs me the most is when people sell weapons for 200% more than vendors. Lol? Takes aeons just to find a decently priced weapon from player shops. Price gouging sucks....

Eri_Kasamoto
Oct 16, 2007, 01:07 PM
you started kinda late so it'll be kinda hard to find parties at your current condition.

but that will be solved once the expansion comes out. =)

st4rk
Oct 16, 2007, 01:08 PM
On 2007-10-16 11:00, Typheros wrote:

Ah ok, was wondering if my character just really sucked or something. I used 3 different weapons (shotgun, rifle, dual pistols) all three ran out of energy before I got to the cube, so I had to use my crappy sword.

But the shotgun was absolutely worthless, definitely getting rid of that as soon as I get home. Pistols were the best because I could shoot and run at the same time, which helped alot for the boss and those stupid huge things that jump at you.

Kion
Oct 16, 2007, 01:09 PM
Lucky for you; you joined at a good time. The 1-up cup starts this friday. It offers missions that give 250% exp for each enemy. There will be alot of players there, so it should be easy to meet people and level up.

Also eventually, the shop search function will be changed to give options like sort by price. Right now people just shove stuff in their shops and hope to make a profit. So it does take patience to find something good, but people are becoming better about it than before ._.

SolomonGrundy
Oct 16, 2007, 01:10 PM
dark satellite is amazing in terms of risk/reward.

a. the XP from large-type enemies like gaozoran make this area a great place to level well into the 20's

b. the reward for the mission: 800 meseta and 9 mission points is better than any other mission that has level 10 enemies

c. ALL the enemies are dark type. This means you can load up on dark armor and light weapons to maximise damage and minisize damage taken

and really, it is only the goazorans and jusuguns that pose any real threat.

Golto
Oct 16, 2007, 01:24 PM
Get some npc cards from doing story missions and the tutorial then use npcs in missions.

st4rk
Oct 16, 2007, 01:29 PM
On 2007-10-16 11:10, SolomonGrundy wrote:

c. ALL the enemies are dark type. This means you can load up on dark armor and light weapons to maximise damage and minisize damage taken

and really, it is only the goazorans and jusuguns that pose any real threat.

Ah okay, I was using fire for my rifle. I'll probably go ahead and buy light for my weapons. Looks like I'll be spending close to 5k for bullets and weapons when I get home >.<

I don't remember which ones the goazorans were, but the flying ones weren't too bad. The other ones that were very big and jumped at you took ages to kill, I had to run around and constantly dodge them, if I had been a hunter I would have gotten slaughtered., they were harder than the freaking boss.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: st4rk on 2007-10-16 11:30 ]</font>

Ezodagrom
Oct 16, 2007, 01:36 PM
Gaozorans are the ones that use technics, foie (fireball) and gibarta (wall of ice), and teleport themselves.
What's your ingame name? I have a lvl 15 char, I might be able to give you some help http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

XDeathX
Oct 16, 2007, 01:39 PM
On 2007-10-16 11:08, st4rk wrote:

On 2007-10-16 11:00, Typheros wrote:

Ah ok, was wondering if my character just really sucked or something. I used 3 different weapons (shotgun, rifle, dual pistols) all three ran out of energy before I got to the cube, so I had to use my crappy sword.

But the shotgun was absolutely worthless, definitely getting rid of that as soon as I get home. Pistols were the best because I could shoot and run at the same time, which helped alot for the boss and those stupid huge things that jump at you.

Actually, the shotgun does more damage than all guns except perhaps the machine gun and when you level it up. It does upto 2500 damage per shot. More damage than any other gun and in a full party, it would be really helpful. It kills faster than every gun except perhaps the machine gun and xbow.

So think about it.....

I did the same thing you are doing and regretted it.

Zorafim
Oct 16, 2007, 01:40 PM
You're looking for a party on universe 2, aren't you?

st4rk
Oct 16, 2007, 01:42 PM
On 2007-10-16 11:36, Ezodagrom wrote:
Gaozorans are the ones that use technics, foie (fireball) and gibarta (wall of ice), and teleport themselves.
What's your ingame name? I have a lvl 15 char, I might be able to give you some help http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

My ingame is Sindel

Bremmon
Oct 16, 2007, 01:44 PM
I've seen people take level 9s into true darkness and not get any complaints whatsoever. If they complain to themselves they aren't vocalizing it. As long as you play smart you will only see death over something you can't control.

One bit of advice though: If you go into any of the HIVE missions with a party of higher level characters, be sure to tap as many mobs as you can so you get some xp. Some higher level characters think about this and will be considerate, but others just want to get through quickly. If you don't tap anything before a character takes a mob down, you won't get xp fast.

Also, very importantly, make sure you have a full inventory of both DIMATES and MONOMATES so you don't have to rely on others to heal you.

CelestialBlade
Oct 16, 2007, 01:47 PM
On 2007-10-16 11:44, Bremmon wrote:
I've seen people take level 9s into true darkness and not get any complaints whatsoever. If they complain to themselves they aren't vocalizing it. As long as you play smart you will only see death over something you can't control.

One bit of advice though: If you go into any of the HIVE missions with a party of higher level characters, be sure to tap as many mobs as you can so you get some xp. Some higher level characters think about this and will be considerate, but others just want to get through quickly. If you don't tap anything before a character takes a mob down, you won't get xp fast.

Also, very importantly, make sure you have a full inventory of both DIMATES and MONOMATES so you don't have to rely on others to heal you.

This might be true, but they might not be just starting the game either. There is a huge, huge difference in where you can level starting out when you have the best equipment/PAs you can get and when you start out with nothing.

OldCoot
Oct 16, 2007, 01:47 PM
On 2007-10-16 10:54, JAFO22000 wrote:
Join a party. It makes things MUCH easier for lower level characters.

I can't agree more. You can stick to Parum or Linear Line for a few more levels. I stayed on Parum until near level 20. Back then it was easy to find a party for dragon runs. Not sure how it is now but since HSM is dead (kind of surpised) being that is a easier run IMO where you don't have things tossing Megid and foie at you.

DavidNel
Oct 16, 2007, 01:54 PM
Join parties that are doing C ranked speed runs. They are usually high leveled, and most don't care if you are a low level.

Ezodagrom
Oct 16, 2007, 01:56 PM
And make sure you are in Universe 02, where everyone is (you can change universe on the orange cube)

Kylie
Oct 16, 2007, 02:17 PM
Hang in there. Just try to meet someone or a group of people, and the game will be a lot funner.

New_One
Oct 16, 2007, 03:13 PM
Dark Satelite sucks for me because my game disc can't read the level and it crashes my xbox. Same with Linear Line aswell :/

SolomonGrundy
Oct 16, 2007, 04:14 PM
On 2007-10-16 13:13, New_One wrote:
Dark Satelite sucks for me because my game disc can't read the level and it crashes my xbox. Same with Linear Line aswell :/

get a new game disk?

PALRAPPYS
Oct 16, 2007, 05:35 PM
On 2007-10-16 14:14, SolomonGrundy wrote:

On 2007-10-16 13:13, New_One wrote:

get a new game disk?

They are only $30... pretty cheap now IMO.

mizukage
Oct 16, 2007, 08:27 PM
Solo-ing Hive online? I don't think its a good idea to do it before reaching LV30 or so. For the extra mode, I never solo Hive, even at LV100. Its tough..